Cyclone

"
Krabbsatan wrote:
does this skill have a base attack time not based on your weapon? just like leap slam, whirling blades, sweep?
no, it is basically AoE double strike plus movement. double strike hits twice within a normal attack speed of your weapon (including mods and passives).
I want to try a Dual-Wield-Cyclone build, what which char is the best to start with?
Couldn't find any reliable guide :/.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Nov 5, 2013, 3:51:39 PM
"
CommodoX wrote:
I want to try a Dual-Wield-Cyclone build, what which char is the best to start with?
Couldn't find any reliable guide :/.
dualist or shadow, life leech from claws for shadow or crit and attack speed with fencing swords for dualist. start there and enjoy what you can.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
start there and enjoy what you can.

I've read that Dual-Wield is worst case due to the armor function. Many small hits get "absorbed" from armor, so 2h (higher attack range too) >>> 1h+shield >>> dual-wield ........... =(.

DW is awesome but not if I have 20-50% less dps.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

I've read that Dual-Wield is worst case due to the armor function. Many small hits get "absorbed" from armor, so 2h (higher attack range too) >>> 1h+shield >>> dual-wield ........... =(.

one handed fencing swords have same range as 2h axes (7 units). and the "problem" you're referring to isn't exclusive to dual wielding, its just to small investment of damage boosts (although fencing swords and wands tend to have low base damage, they rely on crits a bit to make it up). if you have enough, you'll be fine. grab life leech for some extra recovery. don't go too high else you'll be like the people who said that vaal pack is absolutely required...

if you want "long range" with shield still, the answer is already infront of you. still high leeching or insane attack speed are good options. a scion might grab AoE boosts too as the dex classes are a bit too far away from those but scion is close enough to other relevantly good nodes.
"
CommodoX wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

Mobs don't have much armor. A little bit, but not enough to matter either way. Specific mods, namely armored, can give physical resistance, which is straight up percentage-based and thus impacts all attack speeds equally if I'm not mistaken.

Where attack speed does matter is in how it deals with the different types of reflect.

If you're doing high AS physical damage you'll have less problem with physical reflect for exactly the reason you mentioned. You'll receive many small hits of reflect against which your armor is highly effective, on top of that you can block your own reflect which DW gives you a chance to. On the other hand Lightning Thorns and Corrupted Blood, which do the same damage regardless of attack speed will kill you much faster.

Slow attack speed but high damage will do the opposite, more trouble against physical reflect since the reflect comes in few big hits, against which armor is less effective and 2h can't block, or less effectively in the case of staff, so you lose that as well. But fewer hits also means less trouble with Lightning Thorns and Corrupted Blood.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
I really think you should rework the mana cost of the skill now that you have change auras as much as you have. Its in most cases pretty hard to use this skill and sustain mana.
The "longer spin gives better pay mana wise but is risky" statement is so stupid, doing long cyclones feels very weird to use kinda boring and "out of touch" for this kind of game.
Would like the mana cost reduced by 35-60% and if you feel that long cyclones would be "to good" then juts shorted the maximum distance. We shouldnt even talk about the desync that can happen when you do long cyclones.
Id really liek this skill to be popular but as of now most people opt not to use it since the cost of the skill shots through the roof when supported with 3-5 supports + the fact that you feel a little out of control doing the long cyclones.
When dual wielding, which weapon is used to calculate crit chance? Because once you crit, you crit for all hit of that cyclone right?

Is it just the main hand weapon, or random?
"When Dual Wielding, each weapon hits once per spin."
So, each weapon have own chance to crit per spin.
IGN: Aqur
Yea but for every one cyclone attack either all the spins are crits or none of them are

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info