Cyclone

"
Renor wrote:
When I cyclone through a dense pack of mobs it seems, that the number of attacks is limited. Even if some monster of this pack are in attack range, they wont get hit, because other enemies already took the hits. (I doubt it has something to do with desync)

I believe it does. Either the mobs are not actually in reach (desync) or even though you do hit them (on the server) you don't see it on your pc (desync again).
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
Renor wrote:

Is cyclone bad for large groops of enemies? At least it seems limited in a way for me.
It seems cyclone is rather a multi attack skill instead of an AOE skill.
What I really like about cyclone is the massive scaling with level and quality!

It isn't bad, it's just that aoe is based on your weapon range which is smallish to begin with and it's fairly desync-prone so you often seem to miss. Fortunately you can almost double the base with arena node and daresso amulet, then it can gain some nice aoe from there via passives and support. Cyclone with some serious aoe increase is like a wheat harvester.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 17, 2013, 8:46:07 AM
Desync makes this skill a nightmare, Is it the skill itself or is the problem on my end?
Pick a random page in the Cyclone thread. At least three out of ten posts will be about Cyclone causing desynch. It's basically the only reason this thread is so fucking massive: constant repetition. How appropriate.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 18, 2013, 3:49:16 PM
"
Warhaul wrote:
Desync makes this skill a nightmare, Is it the skill itself or is the problem on my end?

It's the skill...

Spoiler
Try adding multistrike to it. desyncplosion ;)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
"
Warhaul wrote:

It's the skill...

Spoiler
Try adding multistrike to it. desyncplosion ;)

Yeah I've been running with multistrike and i have to spam /oos just to stay alive
Still can't use this skill, massive amoutns of desync yet I can run with multistrike leap slam no problem. Disappointing.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Am I the only one that doesnt desync like crazy with cyclone?
Not using multistrike with it though..
If I don't reply to a bid, or won a bid, contact me in game, or send me a PM!
IGN: Casaub
"
Casaub wrote:
Am I the only one that doesnt desync like crazy with cyclone?
Not using multistrike with it though..

Cyclone is a broken skill, most because of desync. BTW, it's DPS output isnt great too.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
DPS output isnt great too.

dps is great, tooltip is wrong
IGN: Aqur

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info