[3.20] Level with VAAL FLICKER STRIKE from LV28 - LEAGUE START

"
liebealt wrote:
Cool build! Thanks for sharing. Would you mind letting me know the helmet skin shown in the videos? I love it so much.

oh thats the korean one. everyone got it for free
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
liebealt wrote:
Cool build! Thanks for sharing. Would you mind letting me know the helmet skin shown in the videos? I love it so much.

oh thats the korean one. everyone got it for free

Thanks! But it is said that the helmet was only available in the Legion league. I missed it :(
I've read the guild through and here come some questions:

1. Would you like to give a general comment on the contrast between Bane of Legends and Brutal Fervour in 3.9 (Overwhelm is my must-have)? I'm curious about their performance, especially from DPS aspect.

From your update for 3.9 the setup of (Golden rule jewel + Red trail boots + Endless hunger + Brutal Fervour) makes self-bleed perma-flicker a much easier build, but if Bane of Legends has more DPS, I'll choose it without hesitation since the Flicker Strike is quite smoothly cast in your 3.7 videos and it seems the Frenzy charges won't be a big problem, I guess? Furthermore, I don't have to have all these staff bound. In other word, can I just use your 3.7 build in Metamorph league?

2. How about the bandits? kill them all or help Alira

that's all. Thanks for sharing the brilliant build.
"
liebealt wrote:

1. Would you like to give a general comment on the contrast between Bane of Legends and Brutal Fervour in 3.9 (Overwhelm is my must-have)? I'm curious about their performance, especially from DPS aspect.

From your update for 3.9 the setup of (Golden rule jewel + Red trail boots + Endless hunger + Brutal Fervour) makes self-bleed perma-flicker a much easier build, but if Bane of Legends has more DPS, I'll choose it without hesitation since the Flicker Strike is quite smoothly cast in your 3.7 videos and it seems the Frenzy charges won't be a big problem, I guess? Furthermore, I don't have to have all these staff bound. In other word, can I just use your 3.7 build in Metamorph league?

bane is a lot of dps and speed. brutal is defense. theyre completely different. It's not worth taking endless hunger unless you are taking brutal.

overwhelm is a must if you want to make a crit build with a low-crit weapon. In all other cases, its a must that you DONT take it.

You dont absolutely need the red trail set up but you'll need a lot of dps so you kill before running out of frenzies, use frenzy skill gem, and awakened multistrike helps a lot. You can also use farruls fur. Getting enough dps is harder in metamorph than ever, since boss hp is so high. I think you can get away with it, but you're not gonna be able to kill drox and sirus smoothly.

Oh, and you can get a frenzy on hit chest too. that helps a lot.
Is there any reason to dual wield vs 2H weapons for flicker?
"
grdmnt wrote:
Is there any reason to dual wield vs 2H weapons for flicker?

2H, you can use kaoms heart. and oro's or terminus if u want. and starforge is strong.

but dual wield is a lot better in almost all other ways. its faster and potential DPS is much higher.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Feb 23, 2020, 2:20:34 AM
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
liebealt wrote:

bane is a lot of dps and speed. brutal is defense. theyre completely different. It's not worth taking endless hunger unless you are taking brutal.

overwhelm is a must if you want to make a crit build with a low-crit weapon. In all other cases, its a must that you DONT take it.

You dont absolutely need the red trail set up but you'll need a lot of dps so you kill before running out of frenzies, use frenzy skill gem, and awakened multistrike helps a lot. You can also use farruls fur. Getting enough dps is harder in metamorph than ever, since boss hp is so high. I think you can get away with it, but you're not gonna be able to kill drox and sirus smoothly.

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I'll give it a shot, the paths of exiles are never easy. What does "frenzy on hit chest" mean, btw?
"
liebealt wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
liebealt wrote:

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I'll give it a shot, the paths of exiles are never easy. What does "frenzy on hit chest" mean, btw?

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/3XpED5h5
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Metamorph/3XpED5h5

Understood, sir.
I love flicker and I would like to play it next league as league starter. Is the self-bleeding slayer setup the best one at the beginning of the league when you don't have a lot of currency? Or do you recommend a different league starter target?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info