Path of Exile: Legion Patch Notes

"PvP Changes

Fireball now deals 30% less damage against players (previously dealt 5% more).
Spectral spiders summoned by Arakaali's Fang now deal 70% less damage against players (previously no penalty)."

i lol'd
"
Sith90Lord wrote:
I can get behind melee buffs... but all i see is atk spd nerfs to melee
AND caster and ES nerfed to shit.
Played Occultist for the first time in Betrayal and it was AWESOME (not even caster, but as Toxic Rain)
Played it again in Synth as Soulrend and it felt super smooth, insta-bought cat micro.
Played Trickster first time in Synth, and it was AWESOME (ED).

Now after year of playing exclusively melee, i finally tried something else and kind of fell in love... only to have that love taken from me =(

This style of nerfing shit into the ground to FORCE players to play what you want... i do not agree with.
It's a strike below the belt from my point of view.
I will neither forget, nor forgive.

Yeah... Especially as a standard player (I know, most people dont care about us) who is playing just from time to time.. My main character was a CI Occultist (11.6k ES). What am I supposed to do with that now? I will land below 10k ES if I skill the same way. Elementalist also destroyed... so should I do a Necro then or what?
The Dense Fossil modifier "15% increased Energy Shield from Body Armour" was incorrectly acting multiplicatively with other sources of increased Energy Shield. This has been fixed, and affects all existing items with this modifier. To partially (but intentionally not entirely) compensate for this change, it now grants 20-30% increased Energy Shield from Body Armour. Existing items with this modifier can be updated to the new values with a Divine Orb.

if you are making this change , make it without the use of a divine orb.
The amount of mirrored gear rolled with this mod is fairly high and can not be changed.

Very poor plan. and screwed over alot of people.
Absolutely POG, amazing changes, amazing league incoming!!! Thanks!!!
RIP ES again
"
E_Zann wrote:
These are the node changes to the ES of my Occultist:

- Wicked Ward in tree -> I need 2 more skill points for that

- lose 150 flat ES on vile bastion
- lose 100 flat ES on wicked ward
- 12% max ES -> +10 ES (wtf)
- 10% max ES -> +10 ES (two nodes on the tree)
- 8% max ES -> 6% max ES (two nodes)
- 20% max ES -> 18% max ES

Looks a bit extreme to me maybe? Especially those 32% max ES that are changed to +30 ES PLUS the 250 flat ES that are just gone?

Ever thought about just removing crazy ES items as could be done in synthesis instead of nuking the tree?

they balance around the streamers and people who grind 10 hours a day . THis was complete overkill as per GGG standard.
"
E_Zann wrote:
These are the node changes to the ES of my Occultist:

- Wicked Ward in tree -> I need 2 more skill points for that

- lose 150 flat ES on vile bastion
- lose 100 flat ES on wicked ward
- 12% max ES -> +10 ES (wtf)
- 10% max ES -> +10 ES (two nodes on the tree)
- 8% max ES -> 6% max ES (two nodes)
- 20% max ES -> 18% max ES

Looks a bit extreme to me maybe? Especially those 32% max ES that are changed to +30 ES PLUS the 250 flat ES that are just gone?

Ever thought about just removing crazy ES items as could be done in synthesis instead of nuking the tree?

they balance around the streamers and people who grind 10 hours a day . THis was complete overkill as per GGG standard.
"
Velyaxe wrote:
"
Not going to bash or vent. Just going to say: This will probably be the fastest league to lose players yet and it's not even because of the Occultist or Elementalist nerfs. It's specifically because of the changes to survivability in a game where most deaths can hit in a small fraction
of a second from full to dead. I expect this will cause more frustration and lead to more people leaving early.

Just my two cents.

As a filthy casual that change makes this league seem incredibly unattractive to play

Also hands will hurt so much from using melee skills, especially cyclone, so faster annoyment and quitting expected. Tho anyway league most interesting things and reworks announced are anyway at around act 1-3, then things not really touched. So why play behind act3? xD many will leave..

Also 1 million HP rare monsters on maps?
Quite prohibiting.
Why bother.
Last edited by DarkJen on Jun 5, 2019, 7:57:54 AM
I love the changes overall and look forward to Legion! My only negative feedback would be regarding the Occultist. I understand removing Wicked Ward and nerfing Vile Bastion's regeneration, but I feel that also removing Vile Bastion's +150 energy shield is going too far. Half the reason for rolling an Occultist was for the defensive bonuses that class offered, but now they're gone. What's the point of playing one now? The curses alone isn't enough. Hopefully some energy shield gets re-added.
Yes, Poe needs an Auction House.
Why is nobody talking about how awesome flicker strike is now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info