Gold system

Would you like to have gold ingame picking it from death monsters? What you think about that?
I realy love the new innovative monetary system in PoE.
Gold sux and in long run is always useless.

The new idea is just great.
Wiwat Rysieczek! :)
No, I think the existing currency system is great.

Please read this: http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2011-02-08/dev-diary-currency
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
There is already currency in the game, no need
Yeah there's no need for gold. As the dev blog explained, the current system is better than plain old gold.
No gold please.

Barter = win imo
No Gold. This is a game for people who actually want to play the game. That means no farmers with spam. No one buying gold for an edge. And when you do not have gold , you have to *gasp* trade with people as if you were .. washed up on some fucked up island...
98% of you breathe through your mouth. Now take your bottom lip and pull it up over your head. Keep going until you disappear up your ass.
No gold ^^ We have the magic orb´s !
http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy
In a rather old book by a very dead dude called Sir Thomas More, a land called No-Land is described as a haven, a perfect place to live. Unless, that is, you're a slave. Slaves in Utopia have to carry gold around with them. It's heavy and useless, and marks them as slaves.

...I think Wraeclast has the opposite effect. Merveil hoards all the gold and no doubt many adventurers have tried to take it, but someone who is really dedicated to surviving Wraeclast doesn't need a shiny metal that has no worth.

Currency is, of course, arbitrary -- there's no rule that gemcutter's prisms or orbs of alchemy should be worth more than Scrolls of Wisdom or indeed little pieces of yellow metal. Their worth is in their function.

That's the essence of Wraeclast.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
I gotta say, I think the system that's in place now is a very elegant solution to the problem of gold being scarce at low levels and worthless at high levels. This way, the trade system keeps the worth of items stable, so you'll always have something worth trading, and I've also been impressed with the fact that in-store items seem to be actually useful sometimes, instead of being useless past about level 10. I myself only found the item I needed (a quartz wand with three linked intelligence slots) in a store.

As such, I wouldn't like the addition of gold to the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info