3.10 🐉 Dragon's Breath Chieftain Incinerate -All content-League starter- SC & HC viable - Videos

Just a heads up that the ignite prolif gem may be your best bet for legion content and unlocking as many monsters as possible. Will be trying it myself... especially in indoor areas they've mentioned the packs will be very tight. So it'll definitely trump increased aoe in that instance.
Hello,

Your build looks like a tons of fun. I am thinking about it for Legion.
However, I cannot decide if I should go Chieftain or Witch.

Doing maps like alch & go is very tempting.
However, I am afraid additional tankyness of Chieftain will be handy to me.
I was playing few leagues up to now. Although I never cleared everything. My peek was single Shaper and 3x Elder with Molten Strike Jugg. I want to beat it and Chieftain looks like a way to go.

Long story short. Do you have any idea how to mitigate ele reflect maps mod?
Maybe another set of weapon with an physical attack ?
"
diablomix wrote:
Excellent, well written guide. Nice work!

tyvm Sir :)

"
dipsi wrote:
Good stuff,saved for HC league start tomorrow. did you play this in HC already? Would you change anything?
Good luck tomorrow!

Tnxx! I haven't played it in HC, didn't have time but i plan to do it in this league. I tested the Jugg version before and with 8500 life he was tanking Shaper Slams which is certainly not advisable to do. Shaper can Slam kill even the HoWA Jugg sometimes, yeah... Happened to my friend.

You can see Jugg Incinerate here. Maps were are all with deadly mods.
Arakaali pantheon. Damage was around 2 million on Shaper fully buffed. Jugg also had some block chance which was ok.
You can check out the Jugg on this test video. Video is recorded with Concentrated Effect gem. Jugg is not longer viable btw, at least not the way i imagine it. Chieftain is much more natural choice.
https://youtu.be/AoHynOP_MfE

Chieftain has at least 50% more damage. You can expect that Chieftain will have pretty much the same tankiness with Endurance charges up, better life sustain and more total life.
Worst part of everything is starting as melee before. I guess it will be easier now.

Adjust the build as you see fit to your needs.

SS and GL in Legion

"
SRTurboNJ wrote:
Just a heads up that the ignite prolif gem may be your best bet for legion content and unlocking as many monsters as possible. Will be trying it myself... especially in indoor areas they've mentioned the packs will be very tight. So it'll definitely trump increased aoe in that instance.

Thx for the idea. I will have to test in myself first. The difference between playing with/without increased effect is most noticeable in the first half of the channeling and you want as fast to expand the area of Incinerate to keep monsters away. I think Incinerate will be great in Legion with very high damage and area coverage. Melee builds are more challenged about that.
But i will try it for sure. :)

"
Krisbit wrote:
Hello,

Your build looks like a tons of fun. I am thinking about it for Legion.
However, I cannot decide if I should go Chieftain or Witch.

Doing maps like alch & go is very tempting.
However, I am afraid additional tankyness of Chieftain will be handy to me.
I was playing few leagues up to now. Although I never cleared everything. My peek was single Shaper and 3x Elder with Molten Strike Jugg. I want to beat it and Chieftain looks like a way to go.

Long story short. Do you have any idea how to mitigate ele reflect maps mod?
Maybe another set of weapon with an physical attack ?

Best way to mitigate elemental reflect is not to play it. xD Pure elemental damage on those maps is only possible if you are not the one casting/attacking (minions, totems, traps, mines) or Elementalist.

I would suggest you that you go with Chieftain this league if re-rolling ele reflect isn't a deal breaker . :)
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 6, 2019, 6:12:13 PM
Hey I very much so want to play this tomorrow, I just have a few questions and concerns. I'm having to give up my love for the occultist (RIP) and move on to other builds, so excuse me if this concerns aren't well founded.

1) with no Chieftain build videos, I'm concerned about how well this one will actually do. Have you played this, albeit before the chieftain updates?

2) with the warlord's mark changes, I noticed you mentioning that your mana sustain came from the -# mana cost rings. Perhaps you play more than me or I have shitty luck, but I've only ever unlocked the lowest tier of this mod and am concerned about having mana issues with this build. I also expect the boot enchants to be rare/expensive.

3) is this build fun? do you enjoy playing it?

4) how do you think it will do with the league mechanics

5) how is the single target damage?

Thanks for the build! it's very well written and detailed.
I think I'm gonna league start with this build! Only thing I'd recommend differently than the guide is I'm probably going to level from 4-20 with Holy Flame totem so I don't need to respect out of melee nodes.

I also think it might be a mistake to spec into the Coordination keystone, and those 7 points are better at Heart of Flame. Thoughts?

I'm also not convinced on Nimbleness, but I've yet to find a better alternative yet.
Last edited by TheGoatCatcher on Jun 6, 2019, 11:13:23 PM
"
I think I'm gonna league start with this build! Only thing I'd recommend differently than the guide is I'm probably going to level from 4-20 with Holy Flame totem so I don't need to respect out of melee nodes.

I also think it might be a mistake to spec into the Coordination keystone, and those 7 points are better at Heart of Flame. Thoughts?

I'm also not convinced on Nimbleness, but I've yet to find a better alternative yet.

Thanks a bunch for this! I totally forgot about totems. Worst part of everything was leveling start as melee. Holy totem dude! xD
What do you suggest Holy Flame Totem - Added Fire damage - ?

That part on the right side is for life and cast speed. I want as much life as I can get and trust me you want all reliable cast speed from tree that you can get. Incinerate needs this to feel good, especially if you are lacking cast speed in your gear.
At full build that part of the tree gives around 500-550 life, thats a lot. Damage will not be an issue.

Nimbleness , like i said, reliable cast speed, some movement speed and stun avoidance. Pretty good for 3 points.

I will update leveling later today. I going out atm.

tnx again
"
cd1014 wrote:
Hey I very much so want to play this tomorrow, I just have a few questions and concerns. I'm having to give up my love for the occultist (RIP) and move on to other builds, so excuse me if this concerns aren't well founded.

1) with no Chieftain build videos, I'm concerned about how well this one will actually do. Have you played this, albeit before the chieftain updates?

2) with the warlord's mark changes, I noticed you mentioning that your mana sustain came from the -# mana cost rings. Perhaps you play more than me or I have shitty luck, but I've only ever unlocked the lowest tier of this mod and am concerned about having mana issues with this build. I also expect the boot enchants to be rare/expensive.

3) is this build fun? do you enjoy playing it?

4) how do you think it will do with the league mechanics

5) how is the single target damage?

Thanks for the build! it's very well written and detailed.

1) Yeah, i have played it. Last 10 days i was making a Jugg version before i knew about Chieftain rework. I tested it immensely to see the limits. Take a look at comment before yours. Chieftain is better in almost every way.

2)You can run 2 Praxis rings until you can craft it if thats a big deal. Also you can use crafting services.

3)i play Incinerate 3rd league now, its very engaging

4)I think this Chieftain will be great in Legion and i'll go with it

5)amazing

ty for kind words :)
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 7, 2019, 12:15:21 AM
"

Thanks a bunch for this! I totally forgot about totems. Worst part of everything was leveling start as melee. Holy totem dude! xD

That part on the right side is for life and cast speed. I want as much life as I can get and trust me you want all reliable cast speed from tree that you can get. Incinerate needs this to feel good, especially if you are lacking cast speed in your gear.
At full build that part of the tree gives around 500-550 life, thats a lot. Damage will not be an issue.

Nimbleness , like i said, reliable cast speed, some movement speed and stun avoidance. Pretty good for 3 points.

tnx again

Yeah holy fire totem with added fire damage as a priority, and then: elemental focus, infused channeling, controlled destruction, faster casting; all of them work out fine! And you can do the +1 fire wand with it too, but I'm not sure that's better than more links.
"
"

tnx again

Yeah holy fire totem with added fire damage as a priority, and then: elemental focus, infused channeling, controlled destruction, faster casting; all of them work out fine! And you can do the +1 fire wand with it too, but I'm not sure that's better than more links.

Yeah, they all works but Marauder doesn't have access to any of those gems until Siosa. Since Holy Flame Totem doesn't need Spell totem to work like all other spells, think 2L with just Added fire damage will be enough until Incinerate transition.
I tried it 20 mins ago on Mud Flats, just Holy flame totem without any supports clears 5x better than melee xD
Also ill double check on +1 wand. 4L might be better.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jun 7, 2019, 12:21:52 AM
You can get the combustion gem at level 10, don't know if it work with Holy totem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info