[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

"
myprism wrote:
"
Lordados wrote:
"
Rake7 wrote:
Multistrike generates 3 Hits. But these 3 Hits only counts as one "use" of Tectonic Slam. So we will have one chance of 35% to generate a Endurance Charge for 3 Hits, but each Single Hit will try to consume one.

What? I don't think that it works like that at all. Every hit on multistrike has a 35% chance to consume a charge and generate a charged slam

EDIT: I just tested this and I'm correct, every attack checks for a charged slam. Multistrike is definitely the way to go, 44% more attack speed means a lot more attacks per second which means more charged slams per second which means more damage and more AoE

EDIT 2: A source confirming that's how it works: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2095521/page/1#p15317139

'When you repeat a skill, it does it's effect again. Tectonic Strike's effect is to remove an endurance charge from you and create fissures." ...

I tried with multi and rarely had more than one charge and never had more than 2. Now I don't have the tree skill where you get charges from crits (staff nodes), so that might have been why it wasn't working like you say. Are you running those nodes or endurance charge on hit with your leap slam by chance?

I don't think we should limit our attack speed just because we can't sustain charges, making your character slower just to say you can sustain them seems nonsensical to me. After all, having a ton of atk speed is good for any melee skill but specially good for Tectonic Slam because of the randomness of the charged slam.

Either way, I'm playing Jugg, and while I'm not watching my charges 24/7, I don't think I'm having a lot of trouble sustaining them, since I feel like I'm clearing everything with no problems.

But if you want more endurance charge generation you could try adding Endurance Charge on Melee Stun to your links, that should help a lot.
Is anyone having issues using Summon Ice Golem on the Left Click button (Movement Button)? Normally I could Shift-Left Click and it would summon the golem. It was working until today. Now when I Shift-Left Click to summon the Ice Golem, it just starts a cool down on the skill but doesn't summon the golem. Nothing has changed since yesterday, not sure what the issue is.
"
Suds1029 wrote:
Is anyone having issues using Summon Ice Golem on the Left Click button (Movement Button)? Normally I could Shift-Left Click and it would summon the golem. It was working until today. Now when I Shift-Left Click to summon the Ice Golem, it just starts a cool down on the skill but doesn't summon the golem. Nothing has changed since yesterday, not sure what the issue is.

There actually has been problems that GGG hasn't addressed yet. They updated the game yesterday and implemented a movement system for the skills. I'm not sure on the specifics of it but it fucked everything up. Certain builds weren't working and there were problems with leap slam and most movement skills. This included putting anything other than walk on the left click.
Thanks for the great guide. Still leveling, in act 7, but fun so far.
Last edited by DR0DIUS on Jun 11, 2019, 7:19:55 PM
Hi, thank you very much for this kind of informations about the build. However I didn't find how to sustaing mana efficiently. Could you tell me please?
Thanks in advance!
Regards
I have to say I just switched over to juggernaut with 3 labs done on my 82lvl guy and it is feeling a lot smoother with the extra attack speed (I'm using 2x Ahn's atm). Feels a lot speedier overall doing maps and dps on bosses seems about the same, just a lot smoother, i feel I can attack and dodge around the boss a lot more reliably now. I'm sure it gets a lot better as chieftain once you get foils with attack speed but jugg is a great option for the start at least.

I am using Oskarm's though so I think that helps a lot early on with boosting the juggernaut, but they are pretty cheap to get.
Last edited by emkoirl on Jun 11, 2019, 7:29:44 PM
There's a few different nodes for mana regeneration on the tree, or you can opt to get mana regeneration on your jewelry. I have about 60% on my ammy and another 40% on both of my rings combined and I don't have any problems. Run a mana flask if you can't sustain, or just don't run double auras until you can sustain.
Good build so far, upgrading stuff as I go!
Last edited by Cpfuzzy on Jun 12, 2019, 12:51:50 AM
"
myprism wrote:
Has anyone tried faster attacks? Would it be a big dps loss? Would endurance charges work properly? It takes a green socket which I don't have right now..

Seriously though, why not trade rage out for fast attacks and either go pulverize or increased AOE & concentrated (to avoid switching colors or rolling white sockets) for 6th slot. Is there something not so appealing about faster attacks? You could also drop berserk and go with blood rage.
Can someone tell me if the 20% Chance on charged slam head enchant is much better then the 40% damage head enchant? And can someone ellaborate ? PoB doesnt calculate it correctly i think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info