[3.7] Rake's Tectonic Slam Equipment Guide - from League Start to Endgame

Hello, I'd like to ask you a few questions about the crimson gem of transcendent flesh. What is a class simulation and how does it work? What you need to get buff to increase damage and gain 40% physical damage as extra fire damage? Thank you in advance
Not sure what you mean by "class simulation" other than using Path of Building.

You can use PoB to test various changes in your build against alternatives to decide what is best as you level, or to simulate different late-game approaches to the build while you are still lower level.

As one example, you could use it to test the effect of the jewel at different locations in your tree. This is all what I would call "build simulation" and can be useful even to a novice player.

At the class level, you could also use PoB to "simulate" two different classes using the same primary damage gem(s) to see what the differences would be. For example, a Tectonic Slam Juggernaut against a Tectonic Slam Chieftain. This kind of comparison is more complex though, and requires a little deeper knowledge of the game.

Physical damage as extra fire damage can be gained with the "Added Fire Damage" support gem, and is also available as a mod on quite a few items. Most are Elder or Shaper bases but some rings have it.

"
Not sure what you mean by "class simulation" other than using Path of Building.

You can use PoB to test various changes in your build against alternatives to decide what is best as you level, or to simulate different late-game approaches to the build while you are still lower level.

As one example, you could use it to test the effect of the jewel at different locations in your tree. This is all what I would call "build simulation" and can be useful even to a novice player.

At the class level, you could also use PoB to "simulate" two different classes using the same primary damage gem(s) to see what the differences would be. For example, a Tectonic Slam Juggernaut against a Tectonic Slam Chieftain. This kind of comparison is more complex though, and requires a little deeper knowledge of the game.

Physical damage as extra fire damage can be gained with the "Added Fire Damage" support gem, and is also available as a mod on quite a few items. Most are Elder or Shaper bases but some rings have it.

Thank you, but I meant that in PoB this jewel has some more properties that seem to appear depending on the passive skill points spent in Ascendancy skill tree. In PoB under the properties of the jewel is written as follows:
Simulating Valako Ascendancy:
15% more Damage
Simulating Ngamahu Ascendancy:
Gain 40% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage

I'm not aware of Transcendent Flesh having those properties. A jewel that could provide the bonus of two ascendancy nodes in addition to its standard benefits would be crazy op. Maybe the guide OP can comment. It looks like a custom edit he created in PoB for some purpose - and maybe explained somewhere in earlier pages. Not sure why you would want to simulate an ascendancy in an item though, when you can just select it. But I am not a PoB uber guru.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 17, 2019, 4:49:27 PM
What do you think about using 1 "The Taming" ring ? Do you think the extra dmg provided by it is worth dropping the life on a normal ring for it ?
I'm sure the damage is nice, but it costs nearly as much as all the rest of my equipment combined.

If I were going to spend another 5+ ex on the build, I would try to sim it in PoB.
Wonder if u guys are still using Power charges, i dropped oskarm a long time ago, but i have assassins mark on hit ring.

Anyone else still rocking power charges or is it just better to drop it and go full dmg rings... I like the crit chance they give.

Thanks.
Last edited by rastulio on Jul 21, 2019, 1:11:51 AM
As far as the DPS of power charges vs other mods, you can model that with PoB.

There are other things to consider...

What are you doing about endurance charges? TS wants endurance for charged slams. Even with my consecrated path build, I want those e-charges, and Warlord's Mark is a really effective way to get to max quickly.

But you can only have one curse up, so which? Warlord's Mark also grants 2% life and mana leech when cursed enemies are hit by your attacks. Assassin's Mark only gives life/mana on kill, which is not as good for boss fights. (Yes, a few bosses are immune to curses, but most just have reduced curse effectiveness.)

Overall, I prefer the benefits of WM and e-charges to AM and p-charges in this particular build, but you may feel differently based on your play style.

You could look at sustaining both charge types without having to rely on two curses. For example, using a Precursor Emblem on top of Tawhoa might give enough e-charge sustain for you. (I'm thinking about the Precursor mod, "15% chance that if you would gain endurance charges, you instead gain up to your maximum number".) But Precursor is a defensive ring, so you would have to model the overall effects on your DPS.

I haven't tried Precursor simply because I have a really nice budget build that's working great, and don't want to spend a bunch of currency on experimentation.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 21, 2019, 7:31:39 AM
This build guide looks amazing had a cyclone sold some items to make this looks so easy to understand and follow cant wait to get going :)
Whats the best 6 link set up while leveling using a tabula?
Last edited by Bezmageddon on Jul 22, 2019, 6:50:54 AM
I have used

Ele dam w/attacks
Fortify
Melee Phys
Pulverise
Combustion

...pretty much all the way through. There are some other options outlined by the OP up front but I found these worked well with Tectonic Slam and then when I converted to Consecrated Path.

Note that I am using a slightly different Oni-Goroshi build, but you can't go far wrong with these in any TS or CP build, and you can check other gems for comparison in PoB if you'd like to squeeze out a few percent more.

Also, Pulverise is great for clearing. Against tankier bosses it can be nice to plug in Ruthless for more damage in a smaller area.

EDIT: Note that Combustion is much more important in my Oni build because you need to ignite to gain Her Embrace, which is an enormous chunk of Oni's damage. Using anything other than Oni as a weapon, Combustion will not be as good as many other choices. With a Tabula, you can play around. I would try Conc Effect for boss fights and perhaps Maim for clearing. See what PoB says in your particular build.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Jul 22, 2019, 1:53:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info