PS4 trade prices are an UTTER joke

I finally hit the market last night simply because I'm not even getting good rares to drop....it looks almost no different than the second moth of Synthesis. Seriously...who has 2, 5 or 10 Choas Orbs now on the 2nd day. I'm level 22 and haven't seen one yet.

And don't bother making an offer....if it doesn't include at least one CO, forget it....and that included any rares with 3 or more sockets linked. About 90% of the time I made an offer in last league I was turned down...even throwing in other Orbs.

interesting take on a certain group manipulating the prices and frankly I started wondering just where and how did these insane prices start and come from. Which is why I've thought about returning to the PC...I like the PS4 since I play about everything else on it and can go from one game to another easy. But the insanity of greed and manipulation has started to tarnish this outstanding game...shame but doesn't take but a few rotten apples to make the whole lot bad...
"
WoodFixer wrote:
I finally hit the market last night simply because I'm not even getting good rares to drop....it looks almost no different than the second moth of Synthesis. Seriously...who has 2, 5 or 10 Choas Orbs now on the 2nd day. I'm level 22 and haven't seen one yet.

And don't bother making an offer....if it doesn't include at least one CO, forget it....and that included any rares with 3 or more sockets linked. About 90% of the time I made an offer in last league I was turned down...even throwing in other Orbs.

interesting take on a certain group manipulating the prices and frankly I started wondering just where and how did these insane prices start and come from. Which is why I've thought about returning to the PC...I like the PS4 since I play about everything else on it and can go from one game to another easy. But the insanity of greed and manipulation has started to tarnish this outstanding game...shame but doesn't take but a few rotten apples to make the whole lot bad...

It can be rough. The unfortunate part is that you essentially have to treat any console character as SSF. Hitting the market you can find the outliers who aren't trying to charge insane prices. It takes time but you can usually find someone being reasonable as long as it's not a really rare item or super early in the league. I tried to buy the Severed Limbs prophecy yesterday and a guy wanted 15C for it which is pretty ridiculous. However that's the way it's goanna be most of the time due to a small player size on consoles.
Again, I've had absolutely no problems trading in the new league on ps4. Today (day 3) I bought at least 20 things to test out a new build. I spent 2ex plus over 100 chaos today. Made over 30 sales today. I really don't see any problems with the market. A lot of things are way cheaper than it was in synthesis. Also, I have been pricing my stuff a lot cheaper and it's been moving really fast.

Some things I bought today:

20c

2Ex

20c

10c

10c

"
Again, I've had absolutely no problems trading in the new league on ps4. Today (day 3) I bought at least 20 things to test out a new build. I spent 2ex plus over 100 chaos today. Made over 30 sales today. I really don't see any problems with the market. A lot of things are way cheaper than it was in synthesis. Also, I have been pricing my stuff a lot cheaper and it's been moving really fast.

Unavailable
2Ex

I don't think it necessarily has to do with buying and selling items. At least I don't experience any problem when I'm actually selling stuff. It has more to do with market prices. Take these gloves for instance, you spent 2Ex on an item that in a brand new league, as in day one on PC had a price of 15C. Three days later it is now a 2C item. Now the markets are different due to the size of player base but I believe the disparity in prices in the reason that everyone gets so worked up about it.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I don't even look at pc prices. I bought those gloves in synthesis for 2 ex also, so that's why the price was fine with me. I think a better way to estimate value on an item is to do a search in ps4 standard league and see what people are selling for. At the start of a league, when there is only one available, prices are generally higher. Then, prices start to go down when the market gets flooded and people realize they have to lower their prices if they want something to sell.

Personally I would pay more if it is something I really need for my build. Luckily, 3 hours into the league i got a great deal on this

I paid 4 chaos lol. It was the first one available and I was expecting to pay at least 20 chaos for it, because that's what I paid in synthesis.
In-game wealth smooths over a lot of Market annoyances. But to the extent that wealth comes from Trading, only a few can enjoy high level success by that path (someone has to actually go out and find the exalts and the chaos). There can only be so many at the top of the pyramid - and it's based on the volume of the pyramid
Formerly posted under AnExile_onthePath
"
"

2Ex

I don't think it necessarily has to do with buying and selling items. At least I don't experience any problem when I'm actually selling stuff. It has more to do with market prices. Take these gloves for instance, you spent 2Ex on an item that in a brand new league, as in day one on PC had a price of 15C. Three days later it is now a 2C item. Now the markets are different due to the size of player base but I believe the disparity in prices in the reason that everyone gets so worked up about it.

Exactlly...I'll take one item I've looked at at in both PS4 and PC market...Level 18 Unique Pole Axe. A 3-Socket Linked in PS4 is 2-5 CO's. I see these 2-3 Link ones dime-a-dozen in the PC market for "One Alchemy Orb". I pulled up some Lower Unique Armor with 3-4 Link sockets and I'll bet the House & Farm you NEVER would see those prices in the PS4 side...Hell Freeze over before that happen.

And other night...I did two bids on items "with the asking price'...next day rejected and they bumped their price up. In the meantime the pages of items keep growing and expanding...and I wonder why? Seriosuly...do some think everyone has some magical Orb Tree in their hideout they can yank and gather 5-6 orbs daily. I'm level 23 and got my first Chaos Orb today. yet there it is...asking for 4-6 CO's on one item....what are you to do about the other 4-6 pcs of gear?

....the thing is...THEY know Orbs aren't dropping like apples from a tree and everyone doesn't have a dozen of so of CO's or EO's laying around. Yet, they continue to ask for some insane price never backing from less than a CO/EO offer.....90% of the offers I made with multiple various Orbs outside of the Chaos Orbs were rejected.

I've sold a few pcs so far even at this early level...Rare for Chromatic and one Unique for a Alchemy...I know at this level at best you might have one CO and no sense of being plain stupid and greedy. The one area where Diablo did shine...individual loot and trading with others to help out and have fun...greed was not part of it or at least on the console side....
Lol personally I prefer the market the way it is here. On PC you basically get everything except a handful of items for free. How long does it take you to farm 5 chaos orbs? like maybe 5 minutes, thats easily doable. Why do you think that should buy an item that might take you 10 hours of running atziri straight to drop for example? Yet Doryani's Catalyst is indeed that low already over on PC, so running it is totally unprofitable in the first place. The market on PS4 at least allows people to acquire wealth by playing the games content, whereas that is not quite the case on PC from what I can see.
"
Lol personally I prefer the market the way it is here. On PC you basically get everything except a handful of items for free. How long does it take you to farm 5 chaos orbs? like maybe 5 minutes, thats easily doable. Why do you think that should buy an item that might take you 10 hours of running atziri straight to drop for example? Yet Doryani's Catalyst is indeed that low already over on PC, so running it is totally unprofitable in the first place. The market on PS4 at least allows people to acquire wealth by playing the games content, whereas that is not quite the case on PC from what I can see.

Dude you're an admitted flipper, and clearly don't play. 5 chaos orbs is like a couple of hours without the vendor recipe. Which you can get fucked on super bad if you don't have stash tabs to store all the jewelry you get. I'd bet money you just RMT to get the currency to start flipping too.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
"

Agreed. This goes both ways. While some items are really pricey on the console market, it's also really easy to amass currency (especially this league). In Synthesis I made a lot of money at the start just farming yellow Elder (which I spawned for the first time accidentally BTW since I had no idea what I was doing) and his guardians using my MS Jugg which had subpar gear for the most part. That is not doable on PC.

This league I bought a Tabula and an Essence Worm for something like 60c between the two which I got just by doing the Chaos recipe, now I'm cruising to red maps. I've gotten 3Ex to drop already from Legion monsters and I'm gonna use that to 6l my chest piece once I get it which will probably allow me to run red maps and maybe even some T16 Guardians. I plan on farming Atziri then Uber Atziri once I can and I expect that to be super profitable on console. I think a lot of people pick bad league starters, or they just want the instant gratification of getting the endgame version of the build w/o any time investment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info