Developer Q&A - Part I

The only answer I want is when is intervention lag going to be fixed.
"Don't Tread on Me"
Time for some good ol bedtime reading and story tellin .....
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Trade still fked, nice
gating recipes behind RNG is bullshit
Very good, very good!
Last edited by Z0MBIE2 on Jul 10, 2019, 10:48:17 PM
"
This question prompted a long discussion. Many hours of senior developers talking about trade. Our conclusion was: Yes, we do stand by everything we wrote in the manifesto. We are not adding a Trade Market to the PC version of Path of Exile.

I guess this is their attempt at trying to talk about trade

Basically saying - Stop asking us about trade

I guess this means no improvements to the already POS api that updates so slow people in a dead league cant have items refresh correctly

Trade is and always will be a joke in POE until they make some serious improvements

"
It's something we enjoy more

Thanks for confirming that its the dunces in the Q&A team making decisions for the entire community based on what they want instead of what the entire community wants
Last edited by Bloomania on May 2, 2019, 8:50:42 PM
"
Have you considered adding a safer way to purchase Betrayal crafts from other players?

This is an interesting topic of discussion that extends far beyond just Betrayal Crafting, as there are many game systems that players attempt to trade the rewards of in a trust-based manner. But for Betrayal Crafting, it is potentially possible for us to build it into the trade screen with a decent-sized revamp. We'll keep discussing.

In a MMORPG I played couple years ago, they had the same issue, I know this game was litterally different than PoE, but the idea is kind of the same.

You had some skill lvl for crafting (like master crafting recipes unlocked or not)

When they realised that people were scamming others, they implemented an invite to craft, on the person who had the crafting skill lvl to de the crafting he would see the items added in a trade-like window, and could ask for a payment in another tab of "payment".

So the ingredients of the person buying the service were never handled by the trader, and the craft could happen. and the crafter could decline if the person buying would'nt give what he was asking for.

No scam either way. Ressources are taken from the buyer, processed by the crafter's bench and the result would output in the buyer's inventory.

That's what I'm thinking everytime I let someone taking my items for a service or taking an item from them for a service.

It's complex and stuff, but it's something
NOTHING about the questions I asked about new player experience.. so far not looking good for new players as I kinda suspected.

VERY skeptical with the second part of this q&a

the game is a crafting simulator rather than ARPG style.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
Last edited by Xystre on May 2, 2019, 8:50:24 PM
Loved the part where you threw Sony under the bus about cross play; good for you (shame on Sony!).
So... if you knew that Turmoil and Mayhem didn't allow for challenges to be carried over then why was Bex allowed to tease it in her announcement?

Did you really not see that that would cause problems when you then put on a tame rather boring and not worth starting over in Flashback race? Are you that unaware of your playerbase?

You can release big Q&As and statements from Chris as much as you want but if you keep pushing out hype based on things you never intend to do then you are just doing the game and yourselves harm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info