[3.9] Endurance Charge Jugg

That looks good, I'm trying the second tree now. Or maybe I should swap the 0.8% life regen per sec for the +4% max life and +12% armor nod early on.

The 7% max life gems are worth about 150 life each on my setup so I'm not losing much life by getting a jewel and could improve my damage. And if life on hit really is that important it could mean more survivality. My resistances are already capped so I don't necessarily need more.

I'm on standard so I can't find the unique gloves for anything affordable (currently going for over 40 ex), so instead I just got some random life gloves. I used the opportunity to also add some intelligence and dex to max out all the gems.

Is there a reason we're not using the vaal impurity auras instead of the regular versions? I know the fire version would negate our fire penetration, but for bosses it might still be worth it, and also they all have a defensive element, reducing damage taken, making us even more tanky. They're even popped indepentently so you can have all 3 vaal versions active at the same time.

I also wonder if the vaal impurity of ice can be used to replace kaom's roots. For now I'm using both.

Also, what do you think of +2 mana per hit on jewels?

Also, I found a decent stygian belt, what do you think I should look for in the abyssal jewel besides +# maximum life?
"
tecito9000 wrote:
That looks good, I'm trying the second tree now. Or maybe I should swap the 0.8% life regen per sec for the +4% max life and +12% armor nod early on.

The 7% max life gems are worth about 150 life each on my setup so I'm not losing much life by getting a jewel and could improve my damage. And if life on hit really is that important it could mean more survivality. My resistances are already capped so I don't necessarily need more.

I'm on standard so I can't find the unique gloves for anything affordable (currently going for over 40 ex), so instead I just got some random life gloves. I used the opportunity to also add some intelligence and dex to max out all the gems.

Is there a reason we're not using the vaal impurity auras instead of the regular versions? I know the fire version would negate our fire penetration, but for bosses it might still be worth it, and also they all have a defensive element, reducing damage taken, making us even more tanky. They're even popped indepentently so you can have all 3 vaal versions active at the same time.

I also wonder if the vaal impurity of ice can be used to replace kaom's roots. For now I'm using both.

Also, what do you think of +2 mana per hit on jewels?

Also, I found a decent stygian belt, what do you think I should look for in the abyssal jewel besides +# maximum life?

Mana on hit is great but you should be fine with the 1 hybrid life/mana leech nod on the tree. Additional life on hit is great. Flat physical damage would be the biggest DPS increase. Jewels are also a great place to get stats and resists, especially if you trade in the astral plate for a Belly of the Beast (more life). But you might want to put at least 1 abyss jewel with % chance of Onslaught on kill for mapping. Typically on melee builds I use a blind on hit jewel, but that does not work with Kaom's roots as we cannot evade at all.

I imagine is very expensive to get level 21 Vaal impurities of X if you are going for the extra 1% max res. I've never really used the vaal versions as it seems like a lot of maintenance to have to keep track of 3 vaal skills worth of souls, but I could see it being very strong if you want to use that. At one point I was using Vaal Haste (without actual Haste) for my Vaal skill, but decided to replace that slot with CWDT wave of conviction for more pure damage. But yeah, you bring up a really good idea :D
Last edited by Vivan on May 5, 2019, 7:27:22 PM
Oh, are we shooting for lvl 21? The wiki (gamepedia) says purity auras only get 5% max res on level 23

I'm just getting used to the playstyle and can't even keep up with flasks, let alone vaal skills. But if we're not losing anything by having them then they can't hurt.
"
tecito9000 wrote:
Oh, are we shooting for lvl 21? The wiki (gamepedia) says purity auras only get 5% max res on level 23

I'm just getting used to the playstyle and can't even keep up with flasks, let alone vaal skills. But if we're not losing anything by having them then they can't hurt.

I had mentioned that it is possible to get +2 to socketed aura gems on your helmet as an affix which with the level 21 gems would give you level 23 gems for the extra max res. But, getting a helm with that plus the high life and resistances we need probably isn't feasible. I am just saying it is a possibility if you are min-maxing.
Ohhh now I get it, I thought you were talking about just getting +1 on helmet for a little extra resistance to reach cap.
"
tecito9000 wrote:
Ohhh now I get it, I thought you were talking about just getting +1 on helmet for a little extra resistance to reach cap.

Actually, turns out it was not as hard to find a helm like that as I thought. I got a +2 aura gems helm with life and resists, and I was able to get level 21 of all 3 Vaal Impurities for about 3 Ex total. The extra levels make it a lot easier to hit resist cap. But, you are right that impurity of fire decreases your damage (by about 70%) due to setting the enemies fire resist at 0% when we normally have much lower/more negative than that.

I also updated my guide with a lot of the stuff we have been discussing and my updated gear. I added a path of building section if that helps. I also changed out leap slam to my gloves for blood magic because I was running out of mana a lot trying to get around fast. You may want to give the guide another read through if you have time.

Cheers!
It was too hard and expensive to find a helmet like that in standard, but since I'm using rare gloves (also too expensive to get the unique since they're a synth league item), I managed to get the +2 to auras on a good pair of gloves, and found the vaal impurity level 21 gems for 1 ex each (for a while they were as high as 7ex each or more).

As a result I was already capped in resistances without the helmet, so I started looking into what I could use instead. For now I'm using Ahn's Contempt for some extra tankiness via the crit damage reduction mechanism (we never get power charges).

I was also able to fit in a belly of the beast while still being capped in resistances, albeit less overcapped than I was before.
Last edited by tecito9000 on May 9, 2019, 1:02:32 PM
"
tecito9000 wrote:
It was too hard and expensive to find a helmet like that in standard, but since I'm using rare gloves (also too expensive to get the unique since they're a synth league item), I managed to get the +2 to auras on a good pair of gloves, and found the vaal impurity level 21 gems for 1 ex each (for a while they were as high as 7ex each or more).

As a result I was already capped in resistances without the helmet, so I started looking into what I could use instead. For now I'm using Ahn's Contempt for some extra tankiness via the crit damage reduction mechanism (we never get power charges).

I was also able to fit in a belly of the beast while still being capped in resistances, albeit less overcapped than I was before.

Nice!
I haven't tried the enduring cry method for endurance charge building but another thing that works is keeping a gluttony unique belt in your inventory and temporarily equipping it, then using leap slam.

It counts as it "hitting" us so it builds endurance charges.

However, we should make sure we're not taking enemy damage while using it because it negates our armor.

Another option is simply allowing a few enemies to stay alive as you're reaching the arena area for tough bosses like phoenix.
Last edited by tecito9000 on May 13, 2019, 7:20:04 PM
"
tecito9000 wrote:
I haven't tried the enduring cry method for endurance charge building but another thing that works is keeping a gluttony unique belt in your inventory and temporarily equipping it, then using leap slam.

It counts as it "hitting" us so it builds endurance charges.

However, we should make sure we're not taking enemy damage while using it because it negates our armor.

Another option is simply allowing a few enemies to stay alive as you're reaching the arena area for tough bosses like phoenix.

As long as you don't face tank a shaper slam or something right at the beginning before you have charges up, you should be fine. I recently was able to melt some synthesis bosses in like 7 seconds pure facetanking without moving. As long as the first hit doesn't kill you, your good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info