[3.6] The Accunaut / Juggernaut - Spectral Throw - Crit - Lots of Accuracy

Well, this will be my first build guide ever. If there is something that makes no sence (other than my train of thought when thinking this was a good idea) is either becouse of that or me not being a native english speaker.

- Tired of trying an attack crit build and seeing that Effective Crit go down?
- Tired of having to chose between Resolute technique, a boring shield or a expensive weapon?
- Tired of not having a badass looking helmet? (subject to personal taste)

If so, I present to you...

Key Mechanics:
The idea behind the build is to amass as much accuracy as possible and then synergy it with some key items and passives from the tree.
Spoiler
Accuracy for days

Weapons: Ahn's Might x2
Great source of accuracy. Nice dmg on a budget.

Use with a Pacifism for 0 max Frenzy charges. (I don't know how to link an item that's on my passive tree so imagine that it is linked here)

Helmet: Obscurantis
Another good source of accuracy, combined with some life and ~110% increased projectile damage for us.

Gloves: Oskarm
Assassin's Mark on hit for power charge generation, life and ~230% crit change.

Amulet: Hyrri's Truth
Precision gives 1100 accuracy and 85 crit chance, just the kind of buffs we are looking for
It also gives some damage and crit multi, some dex that we gonna need and some leech that may come in handy.

Ascendancy: Juggernaut
We are going for that Undeniable node as it gives lots of accuracy, damage on crit and ~110% attack speed.

For reflected damage look at Gem Links

Passive tree:

- Path of building pastebin
- Poeplanner

Leveling:
Spoiler
Start with GREEN
Follow with ORANGE
Get RED when switching to Spectral Throw

My Gem Links:
Spoiler
Main 6 Link:
(Vaal)Spectral Throw
- Greater Multiple Projetiles
- Vicius Projetiles
- Maim
- Brutality
- Increased Critical Damage
Main skill used for clear and bosses. You may find yourself a bit short on range on the Spectral Throw as there is not much projectile speed available nearby on the passive tree. For that you can either change a link for Projetile speed support or use projectile speed jewels on the tree.

You can also try and swap Spectral Throw for Shattering Steel (Or Lancing steel though i would not recommend the later) if you want to try something different.
Spectral Throw has inbuild pierce, so it will feel better if you are still short of slots and/or damage. I also find the mechanic of the returning projectiles engaging and fun to use. Shattering Steel has a better area coverage, faster projectiles and does instant area damage wich some will find a better fit for they playstyle.

Reflected damage:
This build cant handle reflected physical damage all that well, so i recomend to try to evitate it completly. If you are in a situation where you have a physical reflect map you NEED to complete what you can do is swap to this 6l instead:
Molten Strike
- Greater Multiple Projetiles
- Vicius Projetiles
- Faster Projetiles
- Ancestral call/Elemental damage with attacks
- Physical to lightning
It wont be pretty, but with some luck it should carry you through a reflective map.

Other links:

Vaal Double Strike
- Melee physical damage
- Brutality
- Attack speed
It does not benefy from some of our bonuses on items and tree but... well... it does tons of damage anyway so why not. Usefull to kill bosses and the occasional alva architect every now and then.

Leap slam
- Fortify
- Faster attacks
Just for mobility and fortify buff.

Inmortal Call (lvl 3)
- Cast when Damage Taken (lvl 1)
- Increased Duration

War Banner
Charge on clear, place on bosses.

Herald of Purity
Some extra physical damage, good to have it, not really necesary if prefeer to reserve less mana for some reason.

At this point I was running out of ideas and still had a few gem slots remaining so...

Purifying Flame (lvl 12)
- Cast when Damage Taken (lvl 2)
- Increased Area of Effect
- Increased Duration
I found it to be a handy way of generating Consecrated Ground usefull for the life regen and the new crit buff.

My current Items:
Spoiler

Jewels:
I still don't know how to link items that are on my passive tree.
Just look for jewels with projetile speed as it is the stat we are more short of, and then look for some other stats that fit the build. You can also craft yourself up to 12% projetile speed jewels with synthesis.

Final Comentary:
I have not been playing a lot this league, so I just got to red maps recently but for now it has been working wonders, most of the time I have no problems with clearspeed and most of the bosses are dead before I can finish casting all that i have to cast (Banner > Flasks > Vaal Double Strike > Vaal Spectral Throw)
I am open to comentary and recomendations, please keep in mind my idea behind this build was (and still is) not to mind max damage, but to get a foolish amount of accuracy and work the damage from there.

Last edited by gianluktb on Mar 20, 2020, 6:22:50 PM
Last bumped on Jul 16, 2019, 3:14:51 PM
Looks super cheap and cool!!
Some classes are really really expensive but
I can afford everything required for this build.
already have a belly of the beast and tabula.
Good Build!!
huh, wonder if you swapped out the pacifism and the weapons for a terminus est if there'd be enough crit to sustain flicker
"
MacawLover wrote:
Looks super cheap and cool!!
Some classes are really really expensive but
I can afford everything required for this build.
already have a belly of the beast and tabula.

Thanks, coolness is always the more important factor isnt it?
The build can be made even cheaper if you keep in mind the fact that you will probably be running with 3~4 endurance charges most of the time and account for that extra elemental resist when buying your rares.

"
I3aby_CD wrote:
Good Build!!

Thank you! It is nice to see responces to one's first post, it encourages!

"
CaptainFoo wrote:
huh, wonder if you swapped out the pacifism and the weapons for a terminus est if there'd be enough crit to sustain flicker

I am tempted to be all positive as this is my first build post but... i really don't think that is a good idea. By going two handed terminust est you will not only be losing a lot of accuracy on the weapons but you will also be losing the ~100% increased damage from the helmet and a lot of critical from the tree that is not easly availible to two handed. You could try getting the crit node near to resolute technique to make up for that.
Be carefull if you decide to drop the obscurantis as a lot of the accuracy of the build comes from the base accuracy granted by 4 sources, the swords being one of them, the helmet being other. If you let accuracy drop then attack speed and crit change will follow.
Update:
He is stronger than my divine ire trickster (bc he doesn't have an amulet gives chaos damage lol)!

let me introduce my gear

The belly with 38% life, 4 link and 6 socket. tried getting 5 link but kept failing.
spectral throw-greater mp-maim-brutality
Need to upgrade brutality and maim's quality but gcps are not cheap.

As for the weapons, I use two Scaevas instead of Ahn's.

two rare rings, each has 300+ accuracy and some life.

unique amulet with crit mult, crit chance and acc.

He would be really strong with 5-6 link belly, but damn fusings...

ascendancy passives -
unflinching - unrelenting - undeniable
perhaps I might take unstoppable after I defeat uber Izaro.

PS- does warlord's mark stack with assassin's mark?
if then I might borrow an elder ring with warlord's mark from my inquisitor
so it works with that cat glove

Last edited by MacawLover on May 6, 2019, 3:39:42 AM
You can try to 5l your belly using the jeweller's touch prophecy. For that you would need to buy 5 Jeweller's Boon divination cards, these sell for around 2c so you could get a secured 5l for 10~12c (or around the price of 33 fusings in current league fusings price) I usually make use that prophecy to get my 5 links as I dont trust my own luck. For a 6l, a belly would be great but expensive, you can get a 6l rare with some life for ~35c. I got lucky and bought mine at 20c.

EDIT: You will not be able to use the Jeweller's Touch prophecy if your belly is a 6 slots already. But I think you could use the crafting table to lower the slots. That mean you would lose the 6 slots and then get the 5 link instead with the prophecy. Not sure about that of the slots tho, never tried it.

I thought about getting some accuracy on the rings to (just for the memes, of course) but I need the life and resists on the rings to make up for the poor stats on my 6l so it would be really expensive.

About the curses, enemies can have a maximum of 1 curse at time. To have more you need a way to increase the curse cap on enemies. You can look it up on the wiki.
Last edited by gianluktb on May 6, 2019, 9:13:53 AM
I planned on doing almost this same exact build but with Shattered Steel instead since its gems are for clearing and bossing at the same time.

Glad to see someone else out there using Hyrris Truth amulet. Definitely really good for what it does.
"
Trespeon wrote:
I planned on doing almost this same exact build but with Shattered Steel instead since its gems are for clearing and bossing at the same time.

Glad to see someone else out there using Hyrris Truth amulet. Definitely really good for what it does.

This build started as a Shattering Steel build too, but i dropped it becouse it felt clumsy on early levels. Later i just stuck to Spectral Throw becouse of familiarity. I had been doing some testing now and with my current attack speed and damage Shattering Steel does feel good to use. I will probably start using it from time to time now, just to add some variability to the gameplay and i will add it as a side note on the gems section for anyone that wants to use it too.
Interesting build. I haven't played ST in years. Have all the MTX for it and want to try it again.

How do you think this build will perform as a Flashback starter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info