How We're Approaching the Melee Rebalance in 3.7.0

"
Chris wrote:

Players from other Action RPGs have occasionally criticised Path of Exile's melee combat for being "clunky", especially early on before players get a lot of attack speed. We are making various experimental changes to the animation system that should help resolve these concerns and really tighten up the feel of melee combat.

gyaaaaahhhh, you guys are about to make the perfect game...

I like that you're being so honest with your own game and publicly admitting to this
"we're changing things, but we're not going to tell you how or give you any numbers until its too late to take any suggestions from player feedback"

What was the point of this post?
"
CrazyPanda221 wrote:
"we're changing things, but we're not going to tell you how or give you any numbers until its too late to take any suggestions from player feedback"

What was the point of this post?

Obviously, they aren't sure about what they will decide on in the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQnxZeHTbAo

Don hits some major issues
"
Haurd wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQnxZeHTbAo

Don hits some major issues

Sadly the big issue highlighted there imo is the opposite, it is that single target is irrelevant so all focus is on screen clearing aoe - and turning single target into that.

Can't even just scale up single target damage skills unless they remove the ability to combine the skills with aoe gems (e.g. Melee splash).

Actually it would be good if aoe range/ease/flexibility all round was reduced, but I'm likely in the minority with that view...
Last edited by Headsoup on Apr 17, 2019, 3:20:58 AM
"
Chris wrote:

Edit: And Cyclone is now a Channelled skill.

*Takes a deep breath* Ngamahu's flame CwC BV cyclone with xophs blood for 100% conversion to fire.

The only downside is that CwC isnt that great... getting 1 cast per .35 seconds at max level isnt great for this. Meybe CwC can have a little love when melee gets updated?
I'm fully excited for a melee rebalance and hearing about the ideas of accuracy and leech being reworked is absolutely amazing
But there is one thing that clearly stands out here

Channeled cyclone
Holy hell that's gonna be amazing
No more random running into walls, no more going for 3 times further the. You meant to because you clicked on the wrong place
And most importantly
Cast on channel cyclone...........I'm hype bois
yay :)
lets hope for life buffs and make some rebalance where 1100es chest allowed and 100% "balanced" while 150 life chest limited and cant be higher

Also lack defense for life builds melee that would help ONLY melee life builds
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Sounds freakin amazing GGG, props to one of the best dev teams out there!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info