[3.6] LL Guardian Soulrend: Most chill build of the league

Yo, just wanted to share the PoB, cause I'm loving this build. I've tried so many builds this leauge, but this is what stuck. Leveling past 97 and it just feels so good. It can do all map mods, but no regen is kinda meh. (I do em tho, just need to use brain then and not auto pilot.)

PoB:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/ESM3ACCW

Build has 83 fire and cold res. 84 light res. Around 70% phys mit. Since we are guardian we regen 30% of max every 5 sec. Feels tanky AF.

Gear:
Spoiler

Recommended budget starter gear:

Not needed:
HH
Arcane surge ring.

Use arcane surge linked to flame dash instead. Skip increased duration in weapon and put phase there since no space in helmet. Or don't use phase.

If you want maximum dps try to get an imbued wand with t1 ailment fractured mod, use decay essence and annul to multimod that. Decay is like 5-10% dps increase, and far better than the weak 16% chaos suffix that we can mastercraft. I prefer utitility on my wand over max dps though.

Future upgrades:
Helm-enchant.

Last edited by Madzak on Apr 6, 2019, 7:09:24 PM
Last bumped on Sep 3, 2019, 4:01:00 AM
Cool. You bothered to make the thing I was going to theory craft.
Guardian is so underrated. You could level this as life at league starts so easily it would be disgusting as well.
"
TemptedNZ wrote:
Cool. You bothered to make the thing I was going to theory craft.
Guardian is so underrated. You could level this as life at league starts so easily it would be disgusting as well.

I've tried several times to optimize it more, but it's very hard. Every damn node does so much. I ended up only using 1 healthy mind. The initial plan was to use spell dmg per 500 mana shield (get 10-15k mana), but having alot more auras gave mroe dps. An alternative is tho to go CI, the belt that gives LL and then use spell dmg shield. It might be more viable for very deep delving, not sure. Anyway, as for general mapping goes, you can kinda afk with this build. 14k ES, 70% phys mit+, 83+ all res makes it a breeze. Soulrend with fast cast speed hits all screen. The only thing that's not GG is single target dmg, but it's just fine. I did uber elder deathless NP, just isn't insta kill. I guess having a normal belt and a none explode wand would get the single target dmg to tier 1.
Try a dying sun with +1 proj helm enchant. Then you could drop gmp for empower and not need to rechrome for bossing (or you could white socket your shavs).
Miss my old buddies, but life be life sometimes.
"
braddaman wrote:
Try a dying sun with +1 proj helm enchant. Then you could drop gmp for empower and not need to rechrome for bossing (or you could white socket your shavs).

More dps for sure, but I don't like relying on flasks when mapping. If I was farming uber elder, I would do it for sure.
I see a few people still playing this, is it still worth it?

Do you have any videos/clips of it in action?
livejamie
Yep, also interested in any footage :-)
Dead build?

How is this in 3.7 w/o the syth items and the HH?
Anyone did end game with this? Legion clearing?

Anyone? Anything?
I decided to do a similar build using ED/Contagion as Soulrend has been nerfed for 3.7 and also due to legion mechanics
Only level 73 but already have 11k ES, 85% phys damage reduction and 83/4 elem resists(+1 to max from amulet)

I'm following builds of Poe ninja and have a question

How do you guys get to 83/4 elementals resists?
I see taking increase effect of non curse aura is big, do these nodes help here?

EDIT: OK, figured it out myself
Last edited by snowmittens on Jul 28, 2019, 3:18:30 PM

EDIT: Just wanted to mention progress with this build--Makes red elders a total joke of a fight, slams through T16s (but a little slower on the boss fights). It can easily do everything in the game, I'd bet. I still have yet to attempt shaper or uber elder.

Build has been a blast this league. The only thing is that the damage is just barely a little too slow on rares/uniques for my tastes (probably because I'm not currently using vaal RF or VMS, so take it with a grain of salt), even with a level 21 soulrend in a 6 link, but that's because they buffed rare health this league. It is truly the most chill build I've played in forever and I will be playing it next league for sure.
Last edited by jedy567 on Jul 29, 2019, 10:41:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info