ShakCentral’s Vortex Occultist: Beginner-Oriented | All Content | Budget | HC, SSF, & Console

"
foolbaar wrote:
"
1i1W4DE wrote:
I'm so sorry for asking this dumb question but is there any standard for the timing you swap to CI?
I'm now running hybrid, have 1.7k life and 3k es in Act8, I'm now lv58, just copying your leveling tree, how do I deal with rest of passive points? just make it as same as your pob tree? then respec at the end?
Thank you :D

Not a English speaker so sorry if I lost something or express not good enough.

Good question, I'äm now level 75, just killed Kitava and starting maps, then switching to CI but quite confused in path of building, although saving a lot of points I'm still confused with your POB and now I'm ended up with no more passive points :(

HC SSF
1i1W4DE:

Spoiler
I typically start working toward my CI swap as soon as I hit maps. I've made the switch as early as level 64 and as late as level 93. Keep in mind that there are 14 different trees in the PoB I've linked. You can switch trees in the dropdown menu on the bottom left below the skill tree. There is a tree made for an early CI swap as well as a tree for a late swap while still life-based. It's all abotu how quickly you can accumulate the ES gear and the respec points.

foolbaar:

Spoiler
I'm not sure what so say, as you didn't really ask a question. Ending up with no more passive point should just mean that you don't have any unspent points, yes? That's a good thing. Don't forget that once you've killed Kitava in Act 10, you can type /passives into chat for a list of the skill point quests so make sure you've done them.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
"
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
"

Shakker, kudos to your very nice guide for beginners on this build. what do you think about this build for this coming flashback event? For starter of flashback, will you mind sharing your opinions about your build comparing to other builds, such as winter orb, storm brand, or bane, please? thank you.

Vortex will be a great build for the Flashback league, particularly in Hardcore if you're interested in pushing higher levels for the MTX rewards. You can be in maps and swapped to CI on day 1 without needing to trade a single time. Winter Orb will be faster and squishier, Storm Brand will be similar to Worb but slightly slower and slightly more safe, and I don't know enough about Bane at this time to comment.

Thank you, Shakker. Yes, I was doing some practice, and I feel so tanky while lvling. Maybe it's not like storm brand or worb fast cleaning, but I enjoy this build so far.

When reaching maps, we still need to avoid elemental reflect map, don't we?
Last edited by TxE4GL3k on May 2, 2019, 12:04:59 AM
"
Thank you, Shakker. Yes, I was doing some practice, and I feel so tanky while lvling. Maybe it's not like storm brand or worb fast cleaning, but I enjoy this build so far.

When reaching maps, we still need to avoid elemental reflect map, don't we?

Technically, you can run Ele Reflect as long as you cast Vortex away from enemies and drag them into the degen pool. Damage over time isn't reflected, but this is tedious and hard to do and I don't recommend it.
Nice guide, leveling part is also awesome, thanks.
"
alkoliqqq wrote:
Nice guide, leveling part is also awesome, thanks.

Thanks! It's always so nice to get good feedback! I'm proud of the leveling guide :) Thanks again!
Just wanted to take a minute to create an account so I could thank you for the hard work on this guide.
I'm now to PoE and basically using this to guide me through my first playthrough.

Quick (newbie) question: I've just killed Kitava for the first time and am pretty much on-track with gear. I'm wondering why we are putting 3 attack skill gems in the weapon with no support gems - these are the spells that aren't being cast. What is the interaction that I'm missing? I noticed the Phase Run + Cast When Damage Taken; but don't know what's supposed to trigger Orb of Storms, Storm Brand, and Frost Bomb. EDIT: I found the answer while looking through the guide and comments - now I will try to unlock or buy the "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill" mod.

Another question: Why are we leveling 6 Vortex gems in the weapon swap set?
Last edited by Zereshkk on May 7, 2019, 5:15:25 PM
How can i create a logout macro?

That would help me to save several lifes. Especially when Jun appears and fps goes down and sometime it freezes.
Hey!
It's me again ;)
Thanks for your awesome guide. Especially the leveling part helped me alot!

Now I just beat Kitava in Act 10 and was starting to try crafting the Ultra Budget Gear but had a few questions regarding the process.

So, as far as I understand the process should be like this:

1. Find a normal or magic ES based item with the required number of linked gems.
2. Quality up the item to 20%, if normal item, use orb of transmutation to make it magic
3. Color sockets as needed (easy for B gear, more diffictult for RRRG)
3. use alts to find get either ES or resist
4. use crafting bench to craft the other

TBH, my major problem has been step 1 xD
And additionally, whats the process when i end up with magic items that already have a prefix and a suffix and as such cannot be further crafted when using the alts?

My guess for the moment my modus operanddi should be to try farming crafting currency and items to enchant before going maps?
Whats the best place to farm such things, I'd guess Blood Aqueduct?
Zereshkk:

Spoiler
I'm glad you were able to find the answer to your first question. It can be a grind to unlock that veiled mod, but it's incredibly good.

We're leveling Vortex gems so when they hit level 20 and 20%, you can use a Vaal Orb on them. If you get a level 21 gem, you win! You can use the gem for even more DPS, or you can sell the gem for a good profit. Level 21 gems are valuable.

PattyWin:

Spoiler
You can find the logout macro here.

zmef:

Spoiler
Focus on getting the base you want. You can progress through yellow maps on a 4 Link easily, so just finding the base is the most important. You can 4 socket and 4 Link gear very easily. Additionally, the color socketing trick I wrote about in the guide will break links anyway.

You can still use Alts on magic gear. You're more likely to get 2 mod rolls, but you'll still hit 1 sometimes.

To get your very initial ES gear, you can farm BA for some meh ES gear. Move onto maps asap for better bases and more currency while you save up for better gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info