Prepurchase to obtain beta access

"
Gearheart wrote:
PLEASE LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY, GGG

I am throwing it at the screen but nothing is happening!

LOL this comment made my day :P

I would gladly donate to GGG to test PoE i only have quarters though and they are punching holes through my monitor :/
Please here take 2 liters of my blood together with my money...

And apart this I'm Italian I can cook for you, I can be your cooking slave!

And I live in Switzerland so I can hide your money here in the Swiss banks but please please please give me a beta key O.o
Last edited by Obscurae on Apr 2, 2012, 1:11:22 PM
I'm fine with having the option to pay to play the game early. It's a horrible idea since you'll eventually get to play for free anyway but it's fine to have the option there.

The money you pay instead of being patient could go toward any sort of other purchase, though. A gym membership, for instance, which would be a great idea for a lot of gamers who have time to sit around and post about how badly they'd like a beta key.
"
oatmealpacket wrote:
"
deinlandel wrote:
So they ARE selling access to the game after all. There is nothing bad about selling games for money, but not after that manifest about "this game will be free for everyone forever" and such. Nothing surprising, though. Never saw such promises being kept.

So having the option to pay if you'd like to play early means the game is no longer free for everyone forever?

the last Free To Play game that i took part of during their beta phase was League of Legends. They handled it pretty well i thought. You could pre-purchase the collectors edition, which gave you beta access and a whole bunch of in game things that you were going to normally have to pay for, such as skins and characters and runes and such. if GGG did something like that, came out with a collectors edition where you get beta access, a unique beta user weapon or orb or something, and then a package containing some of their items that they are planning to sell, would you still make the statement that it is no longer free for everyone to play forever?
"
oatmealpacket wrote:
"
deinlandel wrote:
So they ARE selling access to the game after all. There is nothing bad about selling games for money, but not after that manifest about "this game will be free for everyone forever" and such. Nothing surprising, though. Never saw such promises being kept.

So having the option to pay if you'd like to play early means the game is no longer free for everyone forever?

They've opened game servers for weekend, lured a lot of players into the game, then closed servers again and now they want money for the opportunity to play.

If you must pay to have access to the game, I'll call it "buying".

Again, there is nothing "bad" about it, they should just write honestly about paid access to the beta.

I'm waiting for this paid beta key too.
"
deinlandel wrote:
"
oatmealpacket wrote:
"
deinlandel wrote:

They've opened game servers for weekend, lured a lot of players into the game, then closed servers again and now they want money for the opportunity to play.

If you must pay to have access to the game, I'll call it "buying".

Again, there is nothing "bad" about it, they should just write honestly about paid access to the beta.

Semantics. I was under the impression that they are going to be allowing pre-release purchase of in-game credits. If you do make a purchase, you'll get a complementary beta key.
Already in the beta and it's everything I been wanting for 10 years now! Wouldn't even mind pouring $1000 into this game for no reason at all, just overjoyed

All them silly mmmo's with cartoon like graphics, not enough dark mmo's out there. Vindictus was the closest one I could find.
Those who fight and run away, live to fight another day
Add PoE on twitter they just said we should be able to in a day or two.

https://twitter.com/pathofexile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info