[3.6] Blight Cast while Channeling Soulrend Trickster - SSF and Uber Elder viable

I've never played SSF before, I am going to make a run at it using this build in the coming Flashback event.
"
Vandyan wrote:
I've never played SSF before, I am going to make a run at it using this build in the coming Flashback event.

Since you might not find an Essence Worm and a Witchfire Brew that quickly in SSF, you can probably opt to either wait with skilling Mind over Matter until you get both and run Malevolence and a Blasphemy-Despair Aura for more DPS or you go the tankier route and take MoM without Malevolence. In general, apart from those two Uniques, you can make do with anything you find though. Wishing you best of luck for SSF! :)
"
"
Vandyan wrote:

Since you might not find an Essence Worm and a Witchfire Brew that quickly in SSF, you can probably opt to either wait with skilling Mind over Matter until you get both and run Malevolence and a Blasphemy-Despair Aura for more DPS or you go the tankier route and take MoM without Malevolence. In general, apart from those two Uniques, you can make do with anything you find though. Wishing you best of luck for SSF! :)

Good tip thanks, I'll post updates on how it goes.

My plan is once I get the gems I need I'll just throw chance orbs at stibnite flasks until I hit WFB, and then the same with unset rings hoping to hit on an essence worm. Obviously a lot depends on my luck and how RNGesus feels like treating me, but that is the plan!
Last edited by Vandyan on May 10, 2019, 2:33:33 PM
Looks like a interesting build, May give it a try.
Last edited by cmillion on May 10, 2019, 3:39:47 PM
Last edited by Vandyan on May 13, 2019, 12:22:23 AM
So I am in to maps and it has been pretty smooth sailing so far. Got pretty lucky to have Cadiro offer me a Tabula Rasa in act 8 for 100 coins.

I am actually using Bane to apply Despair and it is also an incredible additional source of damage.

Thanks for the tip with bane. I have linked it together with enfeeble and despair in vixen's entrapments gloves. Two curses and chaos damage ...
I have a question regarding Area Damage. Path of Building doesn't seem to show any difference in damage. Does Path of Building not calculate area damage? Is there even any area damage with Soulrend or Blight?
"
Arunderan wrote:
I have a question regarding Area Damage. Path of Building doesn't seem to show any difference in damage. Does Path of Building not calculate area damage? Is there even any area damage with Soulrend or Blight?

Quote from the Wiki regarding AoE for Blight: "Increasing or decreasing the area works as expected, but area damage (from e.g. Concentrated Effect Support) does not apply."

To explain a little further from a reddit post (for other builds as well):

"Damage over Time is only considered Area Damage in cases where it's being applied in an area. If moving out of the area means you're not taking that damage any more, then it's Area Damage. If you can't get out of it by leaving its area of effect, it's not Area Damage. This means that effects like Vortex, or the Burning Ground placed by a Fire Trap, deal Area Damage over time. If something just applies separate Damage over Time debuffs to each thing in the area, such as the Blight skill, or a group of enemies being ignited by the hit of a Fire Trap, then that will not be considered Area Damage."

I took the AoE nodes simply for quality of life reasons, as it makes both Blight as well as Soulrend easier to land and there's no pathing cost involved. Speaking of which, I just noticed that you could drop the AoE damage node and the Blast Radius in the Witch area and just pick up the AoE node in the Templar area and save a point. If you want, you can also drop AoE altogether and get more damage, but it will feel even more close range that way.
I see, thanks :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info