[3.6] Pure Incinerate Trickster - 25M Shaper DPS - Videos Up - Uber Elder Down (Deathless)

Hey bro nice build, i am doing something very similar to this atm but im using yoke for amulet, have u considered that, since the damage is big enough to shock any boss in the game ?
"
ssddHell wrote:
Hey bro nice build, i am doing something very similar to this atm but im using yoke for amulet, have u considered that, since the damage is big enough to shock any boss in the game ?

Eh, it's not something I've considered but I don't think it would be that good. Our damage is already insane without any sources of shock, and my current amulet is the only source of reliable life leech that the build has. It's an option for sure, and if it works for you that's great, but I don't think I could swap it into my build that easily without making changes elsewhere.

Remember, the amulet I have now has a whopping 63% crit multi on it. If we're not factoring in the shock we could potentially get from yoke, it's less damage, like 3-4 million less if we simply swap from my amulet to yoke. And then you have to consider we don't really want to run ele focus in our main gem setup, which is another damage loss. So all in all it doesn't seem worth it, even if we do shock it would probably be similar damage anyway. Throw in the fact that yoke has no life on it and suddenly yoke is just worse in almost every way.
Last edited by xRustySpoon on Mar 24, 2019, 5:26:33 PM
good day!

tell me which brand is better? storm or armageddon? in the PoB there are identical DPS with storm and armageddon, which one is better? storm does not set fire, as i understand it, he has all the lightning damage
"
corenecr wrote:
good day!

tell me which brand is better? storm or armageddon? in the PoB there are identical DPS with storm and armageddon, which one is better? storm does not set fire, as i understand it, he has all the lightning damage

Hi there.

The purpose of running a 4-link brand setup in this build is to apply our Flammability curse during boss fights and to enable the Combustion support so we can free up another gem slot in our main Incinerate setup. Storm Brand is superior for this purpose, mechanically speaking, and because we have flat fire damage added to spells on a few of our abyss jewels, Storm Brand ignites enemies when it crits.
Hi Rusty, something I found weird.

HP/MoM vs ES/CI, I was running ES/CI and changed to Life/MoM and my tank feels like it's gotten far worse. My ES/CI gear setup wasn't any better then my new Life/MoM gear if anything I had worse gear on my ES/CI build.

I'm just not sure where the tank is, 5k life 2k ES and I still get one shot but before I wasn't it's weird and I've got no idea why lol. Running red tier maps easy mode now going T11 and it feels like I spend more time running around then clearing. (Note my damage no way near your damage)
"
saizosol wrote:
Hi Rusty, something I found weird.

HP/MoM vs ES/CI, I was running ES/CI and changed to Life/MoM and my tank feels like it's gotten far worse. My ES/CI gear setup wasn't any better then my new Life/MoM gear if anything I had worse gear on my ES/CI build.

I'm just not sure where the tank is, 5k life 2k ES and I still get one shot but before I wasn't it's weird and I've got no idea why lol. Running red tier maps easy mode now going T11 and it feels like I spend more time running around then clearing. (Note my damage no way near your damage)

Hi there.

This build certainly isn't one that you can facetank content with, but in your case specifically I'm not sure why your transition into hybrid feels worse. I'd have to look at your character and pull them up in PoB. If you can get me a Path of Building link to your current character with up-to-date gear and skills n stuff I'd be happy to help.

I've been thinking about survivabiulity a bit on fights where there is phases we cant really do anything about + uber elder, chimera for example.

What are your thoughts on a few of these ideas:

1- Drop 3 jewel nodes, keep watchers eye ( lose about 800k dps, not that it matters) and we pickup acro/phase acro.

2- Kintsugi

3- The Perfect form.

4- Crafted Shaped Assassin garb with 10% MoM + 15% phys taken as cold + life and resists.

Lmk your thoughts.
"
zazey wrote:
I've been thinking about survivabiulity a bit on fights where there is phases we cant really do anything about + uber elder, chimera for example.

What are your thoughts on a few of these ideas:

1- Drop 3 jewel nodes, keep watchers eye ( lose about 800k dps, not that it matters) and we pickup acro/phase acro.

2- Kintsugi

3- The Perfect form.

4- Crafted Shaped Assassin garb with 10% MoM + 15% phys taken as cold + life and resists.

Lmk your thoughts.

These are all interesting options to consider. The nice thing about Carcass Jack and other hybrid chest pieces is that they already have a bit of ES on them. By swapping to one of these pure evasion chests, we actually lose a significant amount of ES for our EB/MoM. Same thing goes for dropping jewel nodes and picking up Acro/Phase Acro. The 30% less ES certainly isn't doing us any favors in the ES department, even if it does bring our dodge chance up significantly. I think your last suggestion might actually be the best if you can craft something truly spectacular on a hybrid Evasion/ES base, followed closely by The Perfect Form (this requires a lot more Dex than we currently have.)

Another thing to consider is to drop our offensive flasks entirely for Jades, Quartz, or Stibnites to further increase our evasion and dodge. The damage we get from them during normal mapping isn't noticeable anyway.
Thank you for answering questions in good detail!

Could you run this build as occultist, elementalist? What would the difference be with dps bs survivability? Reason I specify those classes is cos there is an elementalist incinerate guide on forum but it’s dps is no where near your build!
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Thank you for answering questions in good detail!

Could you run this build as occultist, elementalist? What would the difference be with dps bs survivability? Reason I specify those classes is cos there is an elementalist incinerate guide on forum but it’s dps is no where near your build!

Yup, I think the build would do fine as either of those. It's tough to say without looking at the numbers, but I have a feeling Occultist would be the better choice? All Elementalist really gives this build is damage, which we clearly do not need, and maybe a small boost to clear speed. Trickster is nice because of how great the mapping feels, and although we get some evasion and some dodge that the Occultist wouldn't normally be able to get, I think Occultist would probably be able to get more effective HP because of all the free ES in the ascendancy. CI and Low-life are much easier as an Occultist as well (although still not recommended, CI/Low-life feels pretty average if you're using staves,) but what I would be most interested in testing is going hybrid again with Eldritch Battery and MoM, and then slotting in a Devouring Diadem for the helmet. Saves a few points of traveling and is extremely powerful with the uninterrupted recharge Occultist has access to.

You definitely have a thumbs up from me if you were to go the Occultist route. I'd be really curious to hear your thoughts after getting some play time in.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info