Love, Death & Robots (new Netflix series)

Yes please.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Watched the entire serie. The first episode was the best for me. It sets such a high standard for the next ones.

Very funny how I read a feminist saying the first chapter is sexist and misogynist because there was naked woman and violence against a woman. LOL! (it seems that when there is violence against men/naked men that doesn't matter at all).

"
Stacey_GGG wrote:
I really enjoyed the third episode (The Witness), utterly captivating!

That episode was a bit boring for me. Curious how it can be awesome or boring depending on the person. The final was interesting tho.
Last edited by FedeS on Mar 24, 2019, 3:23:04 AM
"
Antigegner wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:
Love, Death & Robots Was for Edgelords, and It Shows

Think it's a pass from me, my dudes.

totally exagerated.

but I drop my rating from 10/10 (after the first maybe 5 or 6 episodes) to 7/10 (after having watched it all)

too much action just for the sake of action without an interesting story.

the critique is accurate. But thats the limitation of the format. Shortstories like these can use deep situations and conflicts, but analyse them? show sufficient different viewpoints? no, thats for the viewer to do. And some, like zimba blue, which actually only defines themselves over a philosophical conundrum get completly ignored. Seems like these episodes are not edgy enough, neither for the edgelord audience nor the critics who love to poke at them.

I was quite entertained, even if the physics animators did spend too much time on them tiddies :)

edit: aquila rift episode: The alien did not lure the ships there. More likly the archangel gate system has a small problem with its navigation, so all the ships get shot there got the same error(let think about it like the mass effect gate sytem). Or you could think about it as being not really a place in space anywhere. Maybe they got forever lost in gatespace, and this is just a metapher. AS to being a lifestealing vampire type monster, i don't think so. She should get much to eat this way.(and she would have to have some method to either control the whole universe or at least the station to get ships to her)

After he first awakend i thought to myself: this guy is already dead and this is some kind of afterlife. And after watching i really didn't think much different. The alien doesn't need him to be content in this situation, it just wants to help him passing on.
Current Build: Penance Brand
God build?! https://pobb.in/bO32dZtLjji5
Last edited by tsunamikun on Mar 23, 2019, 10:03:28 PM
"
tsunamikun wrote:

the critique is accurate. But thats the limitation of the format. Shortstories like these can use deep situations and conflicts, but analyse them? show sufficient different viewpoints? no, thats for the viewer to do. And some, like zimba blue, which actually only defines themselves over a philosophical conundrum get completly ignored. Seems like these episodes are not edgy enough, neither for the edgelord audience nor the critics who love to poke at them.

I was quite entertained, even if the physics animators did spend too much time on them tiddies :)

edit: aquila rift episode: The alien did not lure the ships there. More likly the archangel gate system has a small problem with its navigation, so all the ships get shot there got the same error(let think about it like the mass effect gate sytem). Or you could think about it as being not really a place in space anywhere. Maybe they got forever lost in gatespace, and this is just a metapher. AS to being a lifestealing vampire type monster, i don't think so. She should get much to eat this way.(and she would have to have some method to either control the whole universe or at least the station to get ships to her)

After he first awakend i thought to myself: this guy is already dead and this is some kind of afterlife. And after watching i really didn't think much different. The alien doesn't need him to be content in this situation, it just wants to help him passing on.

Thanks for that, you have me considering it again. I am wary of feminist critiques that take that position because it's one of the key narratives of this day and age, rather than unpacking it further. I get they have audiences that expect it, and also that there's often a grain of truth to what they are saying.

One of my pet peeves is reverse sexism in shows, you know where the woman does things that would be not ok if the character was a man, and even do it to be all "empowered" or something. Marcella is one. A woman recommended it to me as amazing, such a quirky character! How did they miss mentioning the obvious issue? I got through half an episode because she was violently physically and emotionally abusing her husband and this was being sold as a completely sympathetic character. Gross.

Anyhow, thanks for the considered comments. I'll check Zimba Blue out. Too long on titty physics? Haha I'll see if I agree.
Reminds me Animatrix but without one theme across. Its just a lot of random short animated stories. Not very good but not very bad also. Pleasnt but... Yeah.
I sat down and watched the whole anthology back-to-back-to-back with the wife and it was... alright. Definitely agree with the Animatrix vibe, and I wish the episodes were more related in some way other than being vaguely futuristic.

The nice thing about anthologies is that the whole experience is averaged out. Instead of investing two hours into a single movie that is all good or all bad, the parts I really hated were countered by the parts I really liked.

The art in all of them was truly great. Even the episodes I couldn't care less for were at least visually stimulating.

Personal rating (descending):
"
Superb:
- E14: Zima Blue

Actively Good:
- E07: Beyond the Aquila Rift
- E03: The Witness
- E06: When the Yogurt Took Over
- E17: Alternate Histories
- E01: Sonnie's Edge

Not Bad:
- E13: Lucky 13