[3.8] Holy Flame Totems Chieftain Blood Magic - Beginner Friendly League Starter Guide Revamped

I'm going a flame totem chieftain. I played one for half the league last league going crit with infernal mantle.

Also, on your links. One thing about the new totem is its full physical damage.

So, like last league I was forced to use Controlled Destruction. Added fire can replace that gem this time. It gives huge damage. Or some gem combinations, but stuff like Added fire works with Flame totem now.

Keep an eye out for anything that buffs physical damage, or adds X% of physical as elemental damage.

Unfortunately we cant check stuff until Holy Flame is added to Path of Building, but I can tell you it 100% works from playing with my guy on standard. So, things will change this time around with stuff that buffs physical or adds % of physical.
The path of building update is live now, so I will be playing with that and let you guys know what I found.
From all the variants I've been playing around with the past few hours, BM is by far superior in my opinion. Have not tried crit yet, currently going EO!

Even going MoM, and all the regen nodes, mana still seems to be a big issue and going BM solves it fairly well.

Currently 65 and the build is performing pretty strong on a 4 link. Still need to pickup an Essence Worm and a Tab and hit maps and see how far we can push this!

Last edited by Nonaco on Mar 10, 2019, 1:42:36 AM
"
Mech_ wrote:
From all the variants I've been playing around with the past few hours, BM is by far superior in my opinion. Have not tried crit yet, currently going EO!

Even going MoM, and all the regen nodes, mana still seems to be a big issue and going BM solves it fairly well.

Currently 65 and the build is performing pretty strong on a 4 link. Still need to pickup an Essence Worm and a Tab and hit maps and see how far we can push this!

Glad you like it, I feel the same way about the Mana in this build. I'm also playing with multiple totems at the moment and switch to critical fairly quick (since I didn't like the EO playstykle) level 82 with around 150k shaper dps,it's not by any means the most damage dealing build out there but it is comfortable, if it scales well in to the lategame maybe I'm not going to soulmantle at all and keep doing the multiple totem playsyle.

Another thing this build is a very fast mapper for a totem build I will try to upload a video
Last edited by Nonaco on Mar 10, 2019, 1:32:28 AM
"
Nonaco wrote:
"
Mech_ wrote:

Glad you like it, I feel the same way about the Mana in this build. I'm also playing with multiple totems at the moment and switch to critical fairly quick (since I didn't like the EO playstykle) level 82 with around 150k shaper dps,it's not by any means the most damage dealing build out there but it is comfortable, if it scales well in to the lategame maybe I'm not going to soulmantle at all and keep doing the multiple totem playsyle.

Another thing this build is a very fast mapper for a totem build I will try to upload a video

It's been good so far. Switched over to Crit, really want to path over to shadow but with us going BM its not going to happen. Mappings been smooth and this build has actually turned out fairly well. Just need to finalize rares and what uniques I want to run!
Last edited by Mech_ on Mar 10, 2019, 4:00:57 AM
"
Nonaco wrote:

Why Crit?

For me the fact that the totems give consecrated ground in an area after you spawn them and that the new consecrated ground give you 100% critical chance.

This a no brainer for me, basically you just need to worry to get crit multiplier in the tree, the critical strike chance gem and the diamond flask and you are set.

New consecrated ground doesn't grant 100% crit chance, it makes hits against affected enemies to have crit chance INCREASED by 100% (which means it adds 100% to your #% increased Critical Strike Chance sum; you might want to check https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Critical_strike for more info on how to calculate your crit chance).
"
"
Nonaco wrote:

Why Crit?

For me the fact that the totems give consecrated ground in an area after you spawn them and that the new consecrated ground give you 100% critical chance.

This a no brainer for me, basically you just need to worry to get crit multiplier in the tree, the critical strike chance gem and the diamond flask and you are set.

New consecrated ground doesn't grant 100% crit chance, it makes hits against affected enemies to have crit chance INCREASED by 100% (which means it adds 100% to your #% increased Critical Strike Chance sum; you might want to check https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Critical_strike for more info on how to calculate your crit chance).

Yeah maybe I should have worded the frase better, I will fix it.
hello

I want to know which is the best pantheon choice in major and minor for this build?

the past bin link for Shield and Scepter BM Crit Chieftain Holy Flame Totem does not work.

thank you.
Hi,

are you going to update this buildguide when after the 3.8 patchnotes release / before the next league starts?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info