[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

"
RulesBreaked wrote:
Actually my POB said this amulet is 5.2- stronger then Pandemonious, so this is real? Because if is, i don't will pay 6ex in a amulet for just 5.2% atm

You are probably running wrong config for calcs - You need to check - Is enemy Blinded, Burning, Ignited, Chilled, Shocked(if you have inpulsa) also When in Combat - flasks, have you crit recently and shocked recently(if you have inpulsa)
That amulet just can't be better - because Pandemonius gives 20% cold pen and up to 30% more cold damage.

For my PoB your amulet shows -27k DPS compared to Pandemonius. I'm sitting at 260K DPS without VAAL RF and frenzy charges.
I have money to buy just one of these, which gives more damage per upgrade? Pandemonious or Inpulsa?
What is the best craft for this atm?
Thank you for the guide :) A couple of questions though:

Why go for Elemental Overload when we do not really stack crit / not use crit gems?

Why do you use only 2 heralds, not all three?

And I see lots of elementalists in rankings link WO with Cold to Fire Gem... but I can't really see a reason why that is being done... any idea maybe?

Would you suggest using a golem? If so, which one?
"
Edimasta wrote:

Why go for Elemental Overload when we do not really stack crit / not use crit gems?

And I see lots of elementalists in rankings link WO with Cold to Fire Gem... but I can't really see a reason why that is being done... any idea maybe?

EO have nothing to do with crit multi/gems - you have it non-stop anyway because you have 5 hits everytime WO shoots. And even with "low" crit chance you are able to proc EO for 40% more elemental damage without any problems.

2 heralds + aspect of the spider - aspect take 25% of mana + 27% + 27% for heralds affected by empower and enhance(enhance is "big" damage boost).
You could use herald of ash if you're missing aspect for sure.

End-game gear is good for cold to fire because of "double dipping" - for example you have very high increased spell damage, area damage, etc.. - that increase first apply on your COLD damage, portion of that amplified cold damage is transformed into fire damage and that fire damage is amplified again by all global spell modifiers, etc...
"
nexro wrote:
"
Edimasta wrote:

EO have nothing to do with crit multi/gems - you have it non-stop anyway because you have 5 hits everytime WO shoots. And even with "low" crit chance you are able to proc EO for 40% more elemental damage without any problems.

2 heralds + aspect of the spider - aspect take 25% of mana + 27% + 27% for heralds affected by empower and enhance(enhance is "big" damage boost).
You could use herald of ash if you're missing aspect for sure.

End-game gear is good for cold to fire because of "double dipping" - for example you have very high increased spell damage, area damage, etc.. - that increase first apply on your COLD damage, portion of that amplified cold damage is transformed into fire damage and that fire damage is amplified again by all global spell modifiers, etc...

Got it - thank you very much :)
"
nexro wrote:

You are probably running wrong config for calcs - You need to check - Is enemy Shocked(if you have inpulsa)

No you dont. Even with inpulsa you only get a 30% shock. And that option in pob assumes a 50% shock. So you get inflated DPS.
"
kingzero753 wrote:
"
nexro wrote:

You are probably running wrong config for calcs - You need to check - Is enemy Shocked(if you have inpulsa)

No you dont. Even with inpulsa you only get a 30% shock. And that option in pob assumes a 50% shock. So you get inflated DPS.

Sure - by 20%, but you still undercutting your DPS by 30% if you dont include that in yours. Also every non-boss mob is shocked for 50% so there is no reason not to include shock...
Btw I'm about to finish my build and need some input.

Is +2 winter orb stage a direct dps boost or it's just for convenience = wo lasts alittle longer?

PS: This build is really op as hell even when you're missing some key unique.
Also getting Inpulsa is really a huge dps upgrade too.(It already did ridiculous dm w/o )
Sorry for my inactivity but I am in Asia right now enjoying my holiday, if some stuff is outdated I apologize, but it is meant as a league starter guide but I See a lot of people enjoy the build and give very good suggestions for it. :)

GL further in the league
IGN: FluffyMetamorph

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info