[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

"
Waíseheill wrote:
"
rhonie33 wrote:
"
BzyxXx wrote:
Someone try Shaper or Uber Elder with this build with medium gear? Its viable?

Pretty sure viable. I will try like in 1 week.

Most builds are viable for shaper and uber elder if you understand the mechanics. if I change up some gear I can get around 900k DPS but only at the exchange of some tankiness. This isn't a boss killer, it's an amazing build for mapping. I plan on making a new Molten strike build or something for bossing and uberlab specifically. The reason you don't really want to boss with this is because you need to stand still to activate your divine ire, as well as being very near them to charge is faster and gain dmg from the tendrils. At that point if you mess up it's a 1 shot.

I actually disagree a bit. I haven't gotten to shaper/uber elder yet (SSF and all), but I farmed uber lab 20ish times in a day without breaking a sweat. You don't want to stand still to charge up 20 stages (except during the intro phase). Charging up 5-10 stages and then moving feels very mobile, makes it trivial to dodge mechanics, and still kills the boss extremely quickly.

You only really stand still as much as any self-cast build might.

Oh I was mainly talking about UberElder and Shaper. I had a tough time with the 4 shaper guardians and haven't tried shaper or uberelder yet, and I doubt I will because I'm not accustomed to boss fighting. Uberlab is quite easy, as you 1 shot his first phase then run around and kill his totems/minions until it's over. You could probably do the endgame content with this build I just don't know how to.
I just hit level 80 and started tier 4/5 maps, and I find myself getting insta-gibbed more than previously, especially in temple incursions. I used to just charge in, hit divine ire and flame dash out if need be. Now I find myself using my totem as an advance scout to stay out of trouble, but I don't think that's how this build is supposed to play. You keep talking about tankiness, but I don't feel tanky. help.
"
Rhythmist wrote:
I just hit level 80 and started tier 4/5 maps, and I find myself getting insta-gibbed more than previously, especially in temple incursions. I used to just charge in, hit divine ire and flame dash out if need be. Now I find myself using my totem as an advance scout to stay out of trouble, but I don't think that's how this build is supposed to play. You keep talking about tankiness, but I don't feel tanky. help.

Your tankiness looks fine to me, max res, 3500 life with 1400 shield and MoM on top of that. If you're taking too much damage from mobs I assume you're not killing them in 1 rotation of Divine Ire. Looking at your profile you really need to get a 5 link chest especially when mapping. The fourth ascendary is also quite important for this build, more so as you're not taking elemental overload. positioning is something that needs to be implemented as well. It took me awhile to understand not to flame dash directly into the middle of a pack, or to put myself somewhere narrow where I can't dodge. The call of the brotherhood rings are also amazingly important for surviving because they allow us to chill bosses and mobs before they can attack us.
"
Rhythmist wrote:

The previous commenter answered pretty accurately. It's very important to note that one of the strongest components of tankiness is the ability to not get hit. All our health, ES, mana, it's all there to help us survive when we fuck up. Sometimes we're not going to be able to predict when a volley of projectiles will hit us. Sometimes we're going to stand a bit too close to a strongbox, etc.

Kill enemies before they kill you, and don't get hit. Don't charge straight into a pack. Stand just close enough to get a zap or two in, and then murder their faces.
Hello!
First of all, thank you for the build its really fun.
I Just manage to craft that:

Should i multymod it?
Am on ssf so pretty low on exalt.

Here is my gear:

Feel free to give me any advice.
Thank you!
Last edited by azanne on Mar 31, 2019, 5:23:02 AM
Why do we remove Elemental Overload later in the game?
"
azanne wrote:
Hello!
First of all, thank you for the build its really fun.
I Just manage to craft that:

Should i multymod it?
Am on ssf so pretty low on exalt.
Thank you!

I'd multimod that, yes.
"
Why do we remove Elemental Overload later in the game?

Because we are a crit build. Elemental overload gets you a damage multiplier of 1.4x as long as you crit once every 8 seconds. If our crit chance * crit multiplier gives us more damage than 1.4x, then it's better.
I understand. Thanks a lot for the information. So far, I'm loving this build, going to finish Act 10 now and see how it is doing with maps.
Last edited by QuickoPOE on Mar 31, 2019, 8:08:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info