[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

"
"
Lilyliciously wrote:

Just in case someone else finds this and has the same question, the ES regen from our ascendancy is quite potent on its own. At 2.3k ish ES, I was regenning as much as it was taking away. A small bit of ES leech (a single point on the tree) regens it beyond that after we take hits.

Thanks for pointing that out actually. Only now have I noticed that we are taking one small node on the tree.

The point isn't a huge deal. I think it helps a tiny bit in sustaining our ES, but I'm not sure how noticeable it is. Might be placebo effect. I should try regretting it back and forth a few times to be sure on how good it is.
"
Lilyliciously wrote:
"
"
Lilyliciously wrote:

Just in case someone else finds this and has the same question, the ES regen from our ascendancy is quite potent on its own. At 2.3k ish ES, I was regenning as much as it was taking away. A small bit of ES leech (a single point on the tree) regens it beyond that after we take hits.

Thanks for pointing that out actually. Only now have I noticed that we are taking one small node on the tree.

The point isn't a huge deal. I think it helps a tiny bit in sustaining our ES, but I'm not sure how noticeable it is. Might be placebo effect. I should try regretting it back and forth a few times to be sure on how good it is.

I just got the point. It makes a world of difference. Before Blood Rage always outdmged the shield regen. Now I can actually gain it back.
if i craft and annul a mace with "explode as fire" mod and multimod. What would the best mods to add be?

Would a wand have more dps? if so. what mods on one.
"
Polvss wrote:
if i craft and annul a mace with "explode as fire" mod and multimod. What would the best mods to add be?

Would a wand have more dps? if so. what mods on one.

You definitely want "Gain X% phys as extra fire" and "Enemies killed explode". Regal and hope for crit multi, or hope to annul the useless mod. Spell damage, crit stuff, gain X as extra Y if possible, all very strong.

A wand or sceptre has high singletarget damage. You miss out on the explosion mod, but you're able to get "X% elemental as extra chaos", "Gain X% phys as extra lightning", and "X% lightning as extra chaos". Getting all three prefixes would be stupidly expensive though.
Last edited by Lilyliciously on Mar 22, 2019, 6:21:40 AM
Hi Lily, nice guide.

I was wondering if you've encountered any latency spikes with this build?

I'm running a slightly different build as I play SC and use a staff but essentially it's an EB+MoM with HoA, HoI and Zealotry (instead of hatred because I have the watcher's eye giving AS on conc ground with Zealotry).

The problem I'm having is that the higher I go in maps, the more I'm getting terrible latency spikes when exploding packs. It's almost like FPS drop except that stays above 90 but my latency will briefly spike through the roof. Now that I'm doing red maps with high density it's getting pretty irritating.

Just wondered if you or anyone else had this problem. I might turn off HoI and see if it helps but I really don't want to lose it.
Last edited by KaliWaggles on Mar 22, 2019, 8:53:19 AM
"
KaliWaggles wrote:
Hi Lily, nice guide.

I was wondering if you've encountered any latency spikes with this build?

I'm running a slightly different build as I play SC and use a staff but essentially it's an EB+MoM with HoA, HoI and Zealotry (instead of hatred because I have the watcher's eye giving AS on conc ground with Zealotry).

The problem I'm having is that the higher I go in maps, the more I'm getting terrible latency spikes when exploding packs. It's almost like FPS drop except that stays above 90 but my latency will briefly spike through the roof. Now that I'm doing red maps with high density it's getting pretty irritating.

Just wondered if you or anyone else had this problem. I might turn off HoI and see if it helps but I really don't want to lose it.

On kill explosions are notorious for causing lag. It used to be a lot worse. Unfortunately, there's not much one can do. This build is far from the worst offender with that sort of thing, but it's not the best either.
Ah I didn't know that. I started PoE last league and the only char I took past 90 was Tectonic Slam Jugg, which didn't really have much interaction. I guess I'll just work around it.

Thanks for the reply!
"
KaliWaggles wrote:
Ah I didn't know that. I started PoE last league and the only char I took past 90 was Tectonic Slam Jugg, which didn't really have much interaction. I guess I'll just work around it.

Thanks for the reply!

It does make sense when you think about it. Hitting something and killing it is one calculation per mob, generally speaking. If you kill a pack with explosions though.. 20 mobs in a pack, one kill causes 20 calculations, a second monster dies and causes 19 more, another dies and causes 18 more, and so on.
Found some hidden synergy within the build that I want to share.

Few days ago I got Ming's Heart which gives us a lot of damage but it cuts down both our Life and ES and in compensation we only get Chaos res. Doesn't sound too exciting right?
But we already got Chaos res from the tree. And we naturally want to pick up Atziri's Promise which gives another chunk of Chaos res.
If you have some on your other gear as well by accident you can easily cap your Chaos res with the flask on.

Having this much Chaos res has it's benefits obviously but where it really shines is it enables us to use Forbidden Taste.
The downside is completely negated by the fact that we have this much Chaos res and permanent Consec Ground which grants us health regen.

This might not be the optimal setup but it is really effective.
Hey I just wanted to thank you for the build. I recently got back into POE and was looking for a relaxing build with a little bit faster clear speed. I recently cleared a t14 and plan on clearing guardians sometime this weekend. Swapping to EB definitely helped late game, as running MOM and getting 1shot you lose all your mana. Something i think you should mention for this build is the enchant for helmets +40% divine damage. This boosted me from doing t8's at around level 75, to around t14 instantly. The helmet enchant with decent rolls is pretty expensive in SC, and I understand this build is for SSF. Anyway, thanks for the guide. I plan on putting a spin onto this later, and want to get to shaper and uber elder sometime.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info