Point Blank

Unavailable
Unavailable
Balance & Design
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Could a dev please clarify the precise effect of this gem (and the corresponding Passive Skill)?

- What exactly qualifies as a "very close target"? Melee range?

- At what distance does the damage dropoff begin?

- What is the rate of damage dropoff?

- Is the damage dropoff from the 150% modified damage on down, or is there a threshold where the +50% damage ceases to apply *and* damage starts to drop off?

- Is there a minimum damage threshold? I.e., does damage fall to -50%, -75%, -100%?

- Is the gem cumulative with the Passive?

Etc. It's extremely difficult to calibrate the efficacy of this modifier without knowing its actual effects.
GREENS vs. REDS: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/246#p811501
The Prisoner's Dilemma: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/262#p813428
Lethal_papercut's discussion with Chris: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/392/page/235#p806542
Last edited by Xaxyx on Apr 2, 2012, 3:53:59 PM
I believe that it's 50% more to 100% less from min to max range possible to shoot from. The gem should combine with the passive since they both essentially just add the modifier to it, both just giving more or less damage. Keep in mind that the damage dropoff would be faster as well.
"
Xaxyx wrote:
Could a dev please clarify the precise effect of this gem (and the corresponding Passive Skill)?

- What exactly qualifies as a "very close target"? Melee range?

- At what distance does the damage dropoff begin?

- What is the rate of damage dropoff?

- Is the damage dropoff from the 150% modified damage on down, or is there a threshold where the +50% damage ceases to apply *and* damage starts to drop off?

- Is there a minimum damage threshold? I.e., does damage fall to -50%, -75%, -100%?

- Is the gem cumulative with the Passive?

Etc. It's extremely difficult to calibrate the efficacy of this modifier without knowing its actual effects.

I'd like a little more info, too, on this with it's cumulative passive since I have it. It's an intriguing keystone, and with the possibility of adding a skill gem, it could be even more intriguing with the right build, but I'd like to know how it works (if at all?)when added with the passive.
It won't stack and I've just told you all the information in the post directly before yours.
If it gives 100% less damage at max range, that max range must be rather long, since I was still doing what looked like 'normal' damage at max screen distance with the point blank keystone.
You'd have to be hitting something that's barely visible in the upper corners.
"
Umbraal wrote:
The gem should combine with the passive since they both essentially just add the modifier to it, both just giving more or less damage. Keep in mind that the damage dropoff would be faster as well.

Hrm I'd love to hear confirmation of this. Aren't they both multiplicative mods, so you'd get a pretty crazy damage bonus out of using both.
They don't stack. As it turns out since they're both the same keystone they won't stack with each other regardless of their effects.
Please make this work with spells, it could make for some really interesting combinations!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info