[3.12] [HC] [SSF] Zombies/SRS Occultist

"
VanHavoc wrote:
So new to game and found your guide looking around at different builds. So far I love it. Very fun to play. Level 70 now and still have a lot to learn. Thanks for helping us all out.

I'm honoured :) Let me know if you have any doubts or remarks.
why do you use added cold damage instead melee phys damage or multistrike? your damage is boosted by zombie, right? In your video i dont see avian aurea activated, you use that?
"
bashkiller wrote:
why do you use added cold damage instead melee phys damage or multistrike? your damage is boosted by zombie, right?

I believe I'm not mistaken and it's simply that math favours it in most cases, compared to more phys-based setups. SRS attack fast, so added flat damage tends to work out for them well. Then, it gets scaled by Elemental Weakness and Elemental Equilibrium.

Melee Physical Damage/Multistrike tend to be optimal for characters using Empower. That's usually less damage & more survivability for SRS. I didn't want to use Empower - it's not reliable in ssf and the presence of zombies generally prevents the problem that occurs when you use SRS alone and they die out faster than you can bring them back.

"
bashkiller wrote:
In your video i dont see avian aurea activated, you use that?

I use it in the first two, but not in the last one with Guardian of the Chimera. There was an old video with the other character, but I wanted to update it for 3.7 - the fight is smoother now. I used a character that died in the ssf Delve league and I updated her regular skills, but I kept her gear and she didn't have access to Aspects. I'm thinking about preparing something with the full potential (possible via trade or really long grind) in the future.
you can post more videos? while mapping, boss t11~15, legion ..
I was curious, I tested it on legion SSF. So far not my best/safest minion build (i do love those, and spend some leagues in SSF in the past too). Wonder how you went to lvl 100 HC, it's really squishy (and try my best to make it as reliable as possible).
Will make some update if things clear up.
Last edited by Atlantis_arch on Jul 13, 2019, 1:57:30 PM
"
Atlantis_arch wrote:
I was curious, I tested it on legion SSF. So far not my best/safest minion build (i do love those, and spend some leagues in SSF in the past too). Wonder how you went to lvl 100 HC, it's really squishy (and try my best to make it as reliable as possible).
Will make some update if things clear up.

Well, I use the character that reached level 100 as a reference (with her gear) in the Passive Tree section. It was my third character in the Betrayal league, she spent her 90s in monster level 83 delves and guardian maps.

From what I can tell, your character is at the phase before Mon'tregul's Grasp (and I'd say the build gains its right identity when you get it), you didn't switch to CI yet, you made different choices regarding curses and an offering, you don't use EE, no Blood Magic for spectres, and I'd play a bit differently regarding flasks at the moment. There's space for improvements gear-wise too.

I leveled up quite a number of characters aimed for this build. Usually it looks like this at the time of the first maps:
- I finish Act 10 with about 2.5k life and ES each (less ES if I still use MoM, due to lack of Discipline) and I make sure I have at least some positive chaos resistance.
- I use my Vaal Orbs to get Vaal Discipline if I didn't get it from Vaal side areas.
- I use a Bubbling Divine Life Flask, a Jade Flask of Reflexes, a Quicksilver Flask, a Granite Flask, and a Stibnite Flask. They need to remove bleeding, freeze, curses, and for some maps, burning.
- I try to avoid maps with more than 2 mods resulting in more damage taken.
- I move. I assume I'm being targeted if I stay in the same place for longer than 3 seconds.

I tried Bane once and I think it's a good choice before Mon'tregul's Grasp, especially for incursions. Later on damage falls off and it just doesn't feel right in the build for me as compared to Arc/Storm Brand.

I play the build again - here's the current character. I still like it and I want to make sure it's still viable along the way after 3.7 changes (nerfs to ES, buffs to damage). She's done up to T13 maps so far.

[edit; July 19, 2019] Sadly, she got one-shot from the off-screen by Legion mobs in a T14 map. I guess it was a combination of map mods (at least extra cold + vulnerability that could be up) and their auras - that was a lot of damage that I haven't seen before. She was able to unlock T15 maps and took down two T13 Elder Guardians.

There's also another character that died earlier, before switching to CI. I was absent minded and walked into a field of abyssal bombs. She got to T7-T8 maps.
Last edited by Xayazi on Jul 20, 2019, 7:13:23 AM
Thx for the inputs. I'm currently farming mont'reguls in karui's fortress (tried many times in maps, takes years to get a single div) since I supposed (before reading you) it might change things around. But still have trouble meeting the requirements you point out (SSF too, to make sure the build is do-able). Will still play it a week or so, to be sure I'm not missing things around compared to many minion build I went into in the past.
"
Atlantis_arch wrote:
Thx for the inputs. I'm currently farming mont'reguls in karui's fortress (tried many times in maps, takes years to get a single div) since I supposed (before reading you) it might change things around. But still have trouble meeting the requirements you point out (SSF too, to make sure the build is do-able). Will still play it a week or so, to be sure I'm not missing things around compared to many minion build I went into in the past.

Glad you got into trying it out anyway :) I had the best experience with Marshes. Not the best layout, but a big map, I think it's easy to sustain it early on. I know the card is supposed to drop in Flooded Mine, but I've never found one there. I made a summary about farming it in this league in the Gear section, not sure if you have seen it. It took me 18 maps then and I actually farmed it again for the second character - I didn't record details, but it was roughly the same. Sometimes they drop from chests etc. in the map, so I keep checking them all. You could also try chancing Void Sceptres, and you might get lucky, but I feel like it's a waste of orbs.
"
bashkiller wrote:

I'm not really far in the league yet. No 21/20 gems, no 6-link, no fancy jewels, not the peak of ES. But here's some footage anyway. Timestamps in pinned comments.

Atoll (T6)
Siege (T11)
Racecourse (T12)

PoB link for the character: https://pastebin.com/S68NBRTh

[edit; July 19, 2019] Later I on tried Vaal Arc - it can immediately apply curses and the EE debuff to a large portion of mobs spawned by an obelisk, so you save a bunch of time with it. You can also try using Flesh Offering instead of Spirit Offering to speed your minons up. For SRS it's also more dps, for zombies usually it's whatever. But it makes them all (especially spectres) more likely to die.
Last edited by Xayazi on Jul 19, 2019, 11:15:05 AM
"
aeui wrote:
"
bashkiller wrote:

I'm not really far in the league yet. No 21/20 gems, no 6-link, no fancy jewels, not the peak of ES. But here's some footage anyway. Timestamps in pinned comments.

Atoll (T6)
Siege (T11)
Racecourse (T12)

PoB link for the character: https://pastebin.com/S68NBRTh

thank you! +1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info