Skill Reveals - Soulrend and Bane

"
When enemies are hit by the projectile they'll take a small amount of chaos damage and grant a large amount of Energy Shield Leech (4% at all gem levels). Although Soulrend is designed to work on its own for most encounters, it also works well alongside Essence Drain to combine their significant damage over time effects while restoring both Energy Shield and Life.

Why not life leech? lol

If we want to leech ES we can use ghost river.

If the gem itself only leech ES we can't build around life.... what is a disaster.

who said I want play CI? ¬¬"
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
looks pretty shiet for real..
a few things before everyone losses their junk,

A.) all spells are to be rebalanced, this could mean ED becomes more of a huge nuke, while soulrend is more of the AOE option.

Form the aspect of it doing a small aoe (ED) is now your single target boss killer you swap into SoulRends slot for your end game killing.

Chaos skills tended to not have a ton of flexibility. Meaning you basically had 5 support skills and your totem, you now have a few options.

Can soulrend for quick map clear, without having to run GMP, or using blight setups. it's gems should work perfectly for ED so you hit boss where the AOE is less needed and smash ED into the slot.

b.) ED life leech, could see a change with the reworks
This means ED is used for life builds and soulrend gets used for ES builds, granted with bane, i find it a bit harder to see why you couldn't go ES. So it's a bit of a way to bring ES back to more mainstream, without breaking any / low life ED builds.

c.) could see some crazy cast on crit where you are applying large ES dots and poison damage tricksters.

d.) i've already thought of a dozen builds that use both ED and soulrend. that are each super unique and crazy in their own right. should be a great amount of fun figuring abusive ways to stack the two.

Path of Anime
[Removed by Support]
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
is Soulrend based on Spell Damage to increase its damage over time effect like ED or based on Chaos Damage like CA? Hmm ...

"
Hey GGG those are some good looking changes. Could you tell us if curses from on hit effects like the shaper or elder mods on rings that are applied on a Bane hit too count towards Banes bonus for additional damage per curse applied?

"
How will Bane work when socketed in an item that grants a curse? Will it get the bonus?

Also, how will Bane work in Doedre's Skin? Will it be cast by the effigy and will it still ignore the curse limit?

All great questions. We need answers, GGG! :D

1) soulrend is a spell.
Chaos damage, spell damage and damage over time increases its damage just like essence drain.
However, any "attack" tag ( caustic arrow ) doesn't apply cause its not a attack

2) u have to link a specific curse to bane

3-4) corrupted gloves or shaper rings that gives "vulnerability, elemental weakness ON HIT" will not proc bane because bane is a spell and CAN NOT HIT.

5) Doedre's skin - pretty much. Ignore the curse limit and being a support chest is the only reason why this chest exist.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 24, 2019, 8:44:23 PM
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
When enemies are hit by the projectile they'll take a small amount of chaos damage and grant a large amount of Energy Shield Leech (4% at all gem levels). Although Soulrend is designed to work on its own for most encounters, it also works well alongside Essence Drain to combine their significant damage over time effects while restoring both Energy Shield and Life.

Why not life leech? lol

If the gem itself only leech ES we can't build around life.... what is a disaster.

Cause it fits super well with Occult Ascendency and provides a well balanced way to boost CI options. IS why they did it.

Most Occult builds can easily push 8k - 10k CI which is enough to make it playable but you have to leech like crazy cause no potion option for the oh crap moments. not having to remove occult's regen benefit just to leech ES is great. Will make it feel super strong. Defensively which is something you kind of need when you are going dot cause you have a ton of setup / ramp up time for damage. wither totems, curses, etc
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"

Why not life leech? lol

Because Essence Drain exists already. And hybrid builds are a thing. They've already teased both a pair of gloves and a new jewel implicit that leech directly into ES, and people were positive about those so I'm pretty sure there's an audience for this as well. Not everyone wants to go Ghost Reaver.
I agree. I wish we could get some consolidation and streamlining of redundant skills.

Preferably soon after they rework the useless divination cards. Only a few of them are even worth anything, everything else is just visual clutter to be filtered out.
"Learn well the lessons that Wraeclast will teach you, Witch. It is your only hope of finding your way home."
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"

Why not life leech? lol

...but with this you dont need to take ghost reaver and gimp your recharge?
this has probably been stated already but from the video being played it looks like its just an updated ed/contagion thing going on here. You are better than this ggg this is like blizzard style lazy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info