Skill Reveals - Soulrend and Bane

soulrend = essence drain... like ...why even do it.
Bane looks even cooler than I imagined it. And I dig how the video shows how both soulrend and bane work well together. I love that they look good enough to do separately, but can be combined as well.
This looks SOO satisfying. Depending on the numbers i may start with this in synthesis :o
mmmm i'll have plan for it
NO ICHIGO, NO PARTY
Art Director Graphic Designer,reading,watching anime,gamer
Queen of chaos https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1963181/
My Profile https://www.facebook.com/MuhammadAhmedAbdo
My Behance https://www.behance.net/MuhammedAhmedAbdo
oh shit
Two new skills that look suspiciously like two old skills. :thinking:
Last edited by DvOiD on Feb 24, 2019, 7:31:20 PM
Everything you do is sub-optimal.
Last edited by xThreads on Jul 2, 2021, 7:21:56 AM
"
We've changed this threshold jewel to instead cause each pulse of Blight to also apply Wither for 2 seconds per jewel

How often does Blight "pulse" per second? I never played Blight and had never heard of this behavior/mechanic.
"
To further our effort to improve Chaos Skills, we've also changed the Blight threshold jewel. Previously, the Spreading Rot jewel caused enemies affected by Blight's Hinder to take 50% increased Chaos Damage. This damage bonus was significant enough that we had to balance chaos skills around using Blight and Spreading Rot. We've changed this threshold jewel to instead cause each pulse of Blight to also apply Wither for 2 seconds per jewel. This lets Blight easily apply a damage bonus that can be accessed by chaos characters via other sources if they don't happen to want to use Blight. As a result, we've been able to push the damage of chaos skills higher than before.

"Blight was too good even though chaos spells have fallen so far behind everything else that no one uses ED anymore, so we nerfed blight so we could introduce stronger chaos spells so the end result won't be any stronger than the existing meta was before!"

Seriously, this is exactly like the premature Dyadus nerf that came with the ignite buff. You didn't revive ignite as a real archetype thanks almost entirely to the Dyadus nerf, and this nerf is going to have the exact same effect.

It's so easy to tell when GGG's balance decisions are half-assed but they're still not willing to touch melee without "serious testing". For fucking real. And do people remember how when the Berserker rework was first teased, the Rage mechanic had twice as much degen, everyone fucking exploded, they cut it in half, and they still made Berserker the worst class in the game by a thousand miles?

Any chance of my testing a league-start soul rend build was killed by this blight news. It's not going to be viable against bosses so I might as well just not play it.

Oh, but don't forget, ONE THOOOOOOOOOOOUSAND HOOOOOOURS
Last edited by codetaku on Feb 24, 2019, 7:37:32 PM
"
codetaku wrote:
"
To further our effort to improve Chaos Skills, we've also changed the Blight threshold jewel. Previously, the Spreading Rot jewel caused enemies affected by Blight's Hinder to take 50% increased Chaos Damage. This damage bonus was significant enough that we had to balance chaos skills around using Blight and Spreading Rot. We've changed this threshold jewel to instead cause each pulse of Blight to also apply Wither for 2 seconds per jewel. This lets Blight easily apply a damage bonus that can be accessed by chaos characters via other sources if they don't happen to want to use Blight. As a result, we've been able to push the damage of chaos skills higher than before.

"Blight was too good even though chaos spells have fallen so far behind everything else that no one uses ED anymore, so we nerfed blight so we could introduce stronger chaos spells so the end result won't be any stronger than the existing meta was before!"

Seriously, this is exactly like the premature Dyadus nerf that came with the ignite buff. You didn't revive ignite as a real archetype thanks almost entirely to the Dyadus nerf, and this nerf is going to have the exact same effect.

It's so easy to tell when GGG's balance decisions are half-assed but they're still not willing to touch melee without "serious testing". For fucking real. And do people remember how when the Berserker rework was first teased, the Rage mechanic had twice as much degen, everyone fucking exploded, they cut it in half, and they still made Berserker the worst class in the game by a thousand miles?

Any chance of my testing a league-start soul rend build was killed by this blight news. It's not going to be viable against bosses so I might as well just not play it.

Oh, but don't forget, ONE THOOOOOOOOOOOUSAND HOOOOOOURS

They are buffing the current chaos spells too though, to make up for the blight nerf and to make them competitive with other spells, this includes the two new chaos ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info