Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

As someone who started playing in this league, I can't speak too much to the quality of the mechanic compared to others, so I won't. But if there's one thing I'm happy about, it's getting to hear the Immortal Syndicate cracking jokes and slinging insults even after the league is over. For characters who only have a handful of dialogue and are usually trying to kill you, they've really grown on me.

I want an Immortal Syndicate sitcom, damnit. How about "Everybody Loves Vagan" or "Leave It To Riker"
"
JOHN_RA wrote:
"
Kirajava wrote:
"

Honestly, just strip all of the leagues from the core game and re-implement leaguestones. Or make scarabs drop from core content at rates as common as alts or transmutes. That way we don't have to deal with this dumb bullshit. It's the most elegant solution I can think of.

This sounds like about the best way to approach the problem.

Agree

This is definitely the best solution for me. In addition to removing the requirement to "participate" in the leagues that leave you little choice (ie Betrayal, Bestiary), this would allow for a market for these scarab-type items that would be very common.

Zana's map mod cost is too high, and random spawns are too inconsistent and far between to enjoy previous content. I think as common as alteration is too much, but definitely around the same tier as Chromatic orb drops.
nooo scarabss
"

Honestly, just strip all of the leagues from the core game and re-implement leaguestones. Or make scarabs drop from core content at rates as common as alts or transmutes. That way we don't have to deal with this dumb bullshit. It's the most elegant solution I can think of.

I'm very agree with this since the league stone was implented for the first, it's the best and effective solution for us to enjoy the content we like
sry double post
Last edited by Elf_97 on Mar 6, 2019, 3:30:46 AM
Jun was a SHE ?

My whole life was a lie...I really need to start playing games with sounds.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Mar 14, 2019, 11:47:23 AM
Hello,

I know it is my fault, but I'm playing on a low end PC, and to me every time one is around, my game crashes.
According to recent posts, a lot of users, even with fine PC got massive issues with them, freezing long enough to be killed.

I would like to genuinely ask you GGG, to disable Betrayal encounters until you figured out a solution to these massive lag/dc when we meet them.
Just STOP making every single league since abyss CORE! U just bring problems from previous leagues into a new one and so on so on. That way u have 6 problem fronts to fix. I mean the entire idea of a temp league is to challenge, is over and move on. I know standard would be awful if u dont add things to core. But come on...even harbingers are in a way introduced into the game. Betrayal was the worst league ever in terms o crashes, errors, bugs, lag and game mechanics and u still made it core. WHY?? NOBODY likes it, the encounters are way to random to even farm efficiently it takes way too long to get a safehouse and the encounters appear even on zana time limit missions. Freezes, crashes...i just dont get the obsession of making every single league core.
"
BaKouneT wrote:
Hello,

I know it is my fault, but I'm playing on a low end PC, and to me every time one is around, my game crashes.
According to recent posts, a lot of users, even with fine PC got massive issues with them, freezing long enough to be killed.

I would like to genuinely ask you GGG, to disable Betrayal encounters until you figured out a solution to these massive lag/dc when we meet them.

This is getting to be a bigger and bigger problem even on good computers. Syndicate members that lag you out and freeze on intervention and Research missions with no timer counter and the syndicate disappear after you kill them. Please disable this until it is fixed.
I haven't had a single Betrayal encounter, and I think I know why.

Betrayal content begins in Act 9. You see Jun in Highgate who tells you about the Syndicate, and sends you on a quest to track them down in the desert. Even if you don't speak to Jun, in a regular playthrough of the story you'll eventually need to go to the desert meaning you'll run into the Syndicate and push that questline on.

Once you've seen the Syndicate spawn in the desert, the Betrayal content is fully unlocked and can randomly spawn in any Act 9+ area. Your completion of the trigger-quest is also saved to your account, meaning that Betrayal is permanently unlocked on that league.

However I have a character in Standard who's in the Endgame. Since I've not been enjoying Synthesis, I switched back to playing with that character, and it seems that as long as I do not visit the desert I can keep Betrayal locked-up indefinitely.

But that means I cannot start a new character that I plan to progress to Endgame with, in *any* league. If I try to take a new character through Act 9, he/she will run into the Syndicate in the desert and trigger Betrayal. And if I do it in a challenge league, the "Betrayal flag" is among the progress which migrates back to Standard.

So in a nutshell, to avoid Betrayal completely you:

- must not have unlocked Betrayal in the same league, or challenge league which will later migrate-down into that league.

- must never go to the desert in Act 9.

If you have characters who were already beyond the Act 9 desert before the league started, those characters have no reason to ever go back to the desert unless you just want to trigger Betrayal. Until you do, the Syndicate cannot spawn since they're locked behind a quest sequence.

But new characters cannot avoid completing that quest sequence. New characters must go to the desert eventually before they can get to the endgame, and once they do they unlock Betrayal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info