I've been here longer than Bex. Where is my celebration?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
It's hard to overstate the magnitude of her hard work, her evolution from basically what we volunteer moderators used to do here to something so much bigger and so much more integral to the game's success...I would consider her indispensable. PoE without Bex? It's like Guild Wars without Gaile Gray, or Warframe without Rebecca.

You make it look so easy though. Bravo.
Congratulations :)
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Feb 12, 2019, 6:17:54 PM
[...]

The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Last edited by Iangyratu on Mar 29, 2019, 3:46:04 PM
You don't remember the steam Launch of Path of Exile, do you, Exile?
Actually me too. In April 5 years.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:

So when did Bex come to work for GGG?

March 24th, 2013 apparently.
Spoiler
Almost two months after Open Beta landed. At that point, we'd only just gotten the 'report' function and global chat shards were a new thing. Do you remember global chat when Open Beta first landed? There was only one per league and it was literally a blur. I had a migraine within 24 hours of trying to moderate that abomination.

The worst was offensive names. Only true GGG staff could change names, so if we saw names that were over the line (and you can imagine with Open Beta, we saw hundreds a day), we had to mute that account so they couldn't post to global with their offensive name, let GGG know, and then basically just wait. I'm fairly sure whatever system they have now isn't that much more advanced, which is why they're so seemingly lenient (there are very, very few words that are without exception considered offensive to TencentGGG). To this day I can't tell if it's lenience or laziness -- most other games have built-in filters at the naming level, and I'm very glad PoE doesn't, but who could blame them if it did?

Anyway, Bex came with the first wave of paid moderation, along with Henry and Michael. All three are now official GGG staff, which is kind of awesome. There isn't always room for vertical movement in a company when you're customer support.

So this proves I was InB4 Bex:

Kiwi pet was only available in CB PoE (open beta started near the end of Jan. 2013). You have to look next to my stash to see my Kiwi pet. This was a time of the super feeling of isolation/desolation and the only time that my Kiwi refused to go adventuring with me (stayed at my stash for a week then all was normal again... a very unusual bug). The norm was not seeing another exile in a town. Wild-wild Wraeclast time with the slave girls on the globes. Plus the land of Wraeclast really was a scary and dangerous place to travel in. Good times back then (too bad GGG took PoE down the power/speed trail). Today we race the 10 acts and only die to either artificially stupid one-shot bs mechanics (gear checks) or our own dumb mistakes.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I was convinced most of the people would stay with Diablo 3

So did I. And that’s how I ended up missing my diamond kiwi payment plan and skipping the open beta packs series :(
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
Little poor people's kiwi is best kiwi anyway

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Feb 13, 2019, 9:51:47 AM
I joined up about the same time as Bex, a couple weeks difference. Think the "Steam Launch" was what got me to try it. I still enjoy the game 5 years later. It's got legs. Don't know GGG's long term plans for the game but I can't see it expanding every three months for another 5 years.

Really hope they scale that back. Maybe alternate new leagues with legacy leagues. Don't know. All I know is that if they keep adding content like the last four leagues have, we're going to hate it in a few years time.
"
Xavderion wrote:
Little poor people's kiwi is best kiwi anyway

+1
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info