The Oriath Gardens – Desert Hideout

After the boring Imperial Terraces theme I picked for the Forsaken Masters competition, this time [Betrayal hideout competition] I decided to go with also boring Oriath Gardens — Oriathan nobles' favourite place of rest!

Here's the orphan child of mine:

Download (hideoutshowcase site)

Video

Screenshots:
More

The main entrance. Unfortunately, all the gods battles — especially Kitava — slightly changed the climate, so it's a bit dry around (aka I hit the decor limit and the desert is visible beyond the garden borders).

To the right (western part of the garden):

The fountain. Also used to move between areas.

The southern part of the gardens:

'O fortuna!' Sculpture. It shows two nobles playing a game, each hoping to win all the money (surprise!). Unfortunately, not even a smallest trace of its rules has preserved.

Eastern part of the garden:

The left corner:

Fountain with nymphs taking a bath. You can see the Statue of an Offended Lady in the corner. They say this unusual pose is a result of the sculptor's conflict with the depicted woman who is speculated to be the garden founder's wife. Unfortunately, I forgot all the details of the conflict while submitting this hideout for the competition.

The bench below is the Oriath citizens favourite spot for making marriage proposals. Oh, did I mention it's the garden where Daresso gifted Merveil the ill-fated necklace that changed their life forever?
As the game lore says:
"
Daresso proposed to Merveil a mere fortnight after their first meeting, bending down upon one knee in the city garden at sunrise, as was the custom. For their engagement, he presented his lady with his most prized possession, the Star of Wraeclast.

Even though I like this hideout much less, it took at least twice as much effort to create as my previous one.

A big 'thanks' to all my friends who supported me claiming it's not terrible!
Spoiler

The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Last edited by Iangyratu on Jul 7, 2019, 7:09:25 PM
Last bumped on Jul 7, 2019, 7:14:41 PM
Great ho, using it!
How are your maps, exile?
Thanks a lot! :)

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Added a video...ummm...a low quality video, but nonetheless a video :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info