Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

"
Toyoster wrote:
Hey, I've been wanting to play a bow build for a while and I'm still thorned between Scion and Ranger. This build looks solid and I have leveling gear to make it smooth and about 2ex to start, but I still need to be convinced lol. I LOVE delving and clear stuff fast, but I was also looking at something that do boss quite well. I've read the guide and it does seem to do it, but on a budget gear, am I gonna survive well? I struggled last league with 5.8HP on a witch and I failed Uber Elder and I wish to succeed this time.

Thanks!

This build can clear very fast and it also has huge single target damage. The clearing with RoA is better than with SA but clearing with SA is pretty good as well (especially if you can get a quiver with penetration). For single target, you really only want to use SA.

This build was one of the easiest I've used to farm uber elder. With Mirage Archer, you can focus on dodging the attacks rather than dodging and firing all the time.

I'd definitely recommend this build for both clear speed, single target and doing end game bosses like uber elder, mastermind, delve bosses, etc. It's a good all-around build that really doesn't lack in any area. What it's not though is a tank. You can't stand there a take hit after hit and expect not to rip. You do need to have some skill when playing this build.
Last edited by YT_HB on Mar 20, 2019, 4:12:19 PM
Current prices for build (just lowest prices, better rolls would cost MUCH more):
Shroud of the Lightless - 100+ chaos (or 1.1+ exalt)
Doomfletch's Prism (min 6 sockets) - 15+ chaos
5-link prophecy - 25 chaos
Lightpoacher (2 abyss) - 45+ chaos (with 1 abyss - 1 alch)
Hale Negator (2 abyss) - 1+ exalt (with 1 abyss - 2 chaos)
Tombfist (2 abyss) - 220+ chaos / 2.5 exalts (with 1 abyss - 1 chaos)
Bubonic Trail (2 abyss) - 1.3+ exalts / 110+ chaos (with 1 abyss - 1 chaos)
Mark of the Elder - 2 chaos
Might of the Meek - 40+ chaos
Unnatural Instinct - 10 exalts

Abyss jewels, based on the life rolls, would cost 50+ chaos each.
Lower rolls (~30 life) - around 10 chaos

Against Shaper boss, POB shows 3.5 kk DPS
Without all flasks enabled - 2 kk DPS
With only 1 abyss socket helmet, gloves and boots - 1.7 kk DPS (3.1kk with flasks)
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Last edited by SilverWF on Mar 20, 2019, 6:57:32 PM
"
SilverWF wrote:
Current prices for build (just lowest prices, better rolls would cost MUCH more):
Shroud of the Lightless - 100+ chaos (or 1.1+ exalt)
Doomfletch's Prism (min 6 sockets) - 15+ chaos
5-link prophecy - 25 chaos
Lightpoacher (2 abyss) - 45+ chaos (with 1 abyss - 1 alch)
Hale Negator (2 abyss) - 1+ exalt (with 1 abyss - 2 chaos)
Tombfist (2 abyss) - 220+ chaos / 2.5 exalts (with 1 abyss - 1 chaos)
Bubonic Trail (2 abyss) - 1.3+ exalts / 110+ chaos (with 1 abyss - 1 chaos)
Mark of the Elder - 2 chaos
Might of the Meek - 40+ chaos
Unnatural Instinct - 10 exalts

Abyss jewels, based on the life rolls, would cost 50+ chaos each.
Lower rolls (~30 life) - around 10 chaos

Against Shaper boss, POB shows 3.5 kk DPS
Without all flasks enabled - 2 kk DPS
With only 1 abyss socket helmet, gloves and boots - 1.7 kk DPS (3.1kk with flasks)

The most expesive stuff you listed isn't required though. You don't need 2 socket abyss gear which makes it a lot cheaper. You also don't need the Unnatural Instinct. The 2 Might of the Meeks are pretty necessary though. So really though, it's much cheaper than what you've listed.
With it i restore health 0,4% Bllod Drinker or is there something else? Vitality Void need to take?
"
Z_y_m_i wrote:
With it i restore health 0,4% Bllod Drinker or is there something else? Vitality Void need to take?

Blood Drinker is all you need along with Vaal Pact. You can pick up a small life leech node near that mana leech node until you're able to get to Blood Drinker as you're leveling if you feel the need and then respec out of it once you reach Blood Drinker.
Thank you for the reply, convinced me to take up my scion and started leveling. It's not as easy as other build tho, there is not a lot of damage yet. I have leveling gear so I expect it but still, Izario took a while, whereas it's super quick with other character lol.

I'm using tornado shot to clear stuff, should I go back to SA and TR now?
"
Toyoster wrote:
Thank you for the reply, convinced me to take up my scion and started leveling. It's not as easy as other build tho, there is not a lot of damage yet. I have leveling gear so I expect it but still, Izario took a while, whereas it's super quick with other character lol.

I'm using tornado shot to clear stuff, should I go back to SA and TR now?

I level through to maps with Rain of Arrows and the following gear:

Spoiler
Woah thanks for the fast answer. I have exactly the same thing minus the Tombfist. I'll try RoA and see how it goes. I'm really new to all the bow skills so I might just be bad at the moment.

When I hit maps, I switch to whatever gemlinks there is in the guide? Is it viable to actually alter it a bit, besides the main 5 link?

Also might be a dumb question, but what about Toxic Rain? Wouldn't it be good anywhere in this build?
"
Toyoster wrote:
Woah thanks for the fast answer. I have exactly the same thing minus the Tombfist. I'll try RoA and see how it goes. I'm really new to all the bow skills so I might just be bad at the moment.

When I hit maps, I switch to whatever gemlinks there is in the guide? Is it viable to actually alter it a bit, besides the main 5 link?

Also might be a dumb question, but what about Toxic Rain? Wouldn't it be good anywhere in this build?

RoA really shines with the Thief's Torment ring. The sustain of life/mana you get works really well.

You can switch to the gear in the guide once you have the Shroud of Lightless and the Doomfletch Prism. Until then, swap out the leveling gear with better gear to fill out resists, add life, etc. You should definitely be leveling this guide's gems in the second weapon slots though so you can use them at the right level once you have the Shroud and Doomfletch Prism.

As for Toxic Rain - no, not with this build the way it is currently.
https://pastebin.com/ybhEPUeA

Bandit: Alira

Pantheon: Arakaali, Gruthkul

This is what I've done so far, this build is oneshoting t10-t11 maps but is squishy and requires a lot of orb walking and dodging skill shots. I've 5 linked the bow and the chest myself and all the items cost around 2-3ex. Had fun leveling and doing this build overall, currently playing without fire herald, because I wanted to link the bow myself. After a lot of effort went for 5linking the spare-6sock bow and getting the correct socket colors (do NOT try to get 5sock 5link - getting correct colors without 6 sockets is near impossible, wasted 300+ chromatics, workaround can be Vorici white sockets but its a gamble nonetheless), forgot to level up the englihten support.

Can say pretty much WORTH the time spent playing.

Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info