[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
RaoulDukey wrote:
Okey cool, i think i made a poetrade day now XD

I forgot somethink about my idea with the life/mana reduced note on the ammulet.
My idea was because there is one slot open in the Herald 6L-Setup to try put also an Empower in to it, think will be a huge dps boost, thats why im thinkig about to set this mana reduced note on the amu.
Have no idea how many mana will left there to go, i also want a to smooth map clearing, i will checked out how it is when i get a lvl 4 enlighten + the 6% reduced note.

Thanks again, much love.

Just test it out in pob? :o

No need to gamble away currency like that.

Anyhooo!

Here is a new upgraded PoB - its also already in the guide:

https://pastebin.com/K9MYztCE

Thanks to YT_HB again who decided to play this build again this league and upgraded some stuff. :)

Your upgraded POB doesnt work, please fix
"
obonut wrote:
Can someone have a look at my build and comment on what else I should tweak?

Also its been a pain trying to get 2xRGB on my bow. Spammed lots of 2B/2R and haven't been able to get the right combo.

Thanks in advance!

I'm finding leech to be weak as well if under 5k hp, afterwards it's okay. Honestly leech isn't as good as it used to be.

As for the bow: Go to your crafting bench after doing the very first delve and whatever delves needed for 2-4 socket crafting.
Then craft it to 2 sockets - make them red or blue, then swap between 3 and 2 sockets on your bench until you roll a red or blue that you need, then do this for 3 and 4 socket until you get the final color you need. Then spend 350 jewellers on a service out of global 820 for the 6 socket purchase, both of those will very likely be green.
. Improvements to progression in this build are apparently not needed. Happy Pathing fellow exiles. Personal opinion: Find a different build if you plan on literally league-starting with this build.
Last edited by Xenithos on Sep 26, 2019, 3:57:58 PM
"
Xenithos wrote:
Congratulations, you went from not REALLY number inflating to totally number inflating with your updated build guide. No normal PoE player is ever going to have 10+ perfect quad tier 1 physical abyss jewels with crit multi and perfect life. NO normal PoE player is going to be able to afford 2 perfect rolled circle of guilts that have the exact mods of increased phys while affected and increased buff effect of herald of purity. (Starting price in blight league is 2.5-3ex for garbage rolls). If others are still following this guide, keep going for the dual steel rings, or 1 shaped steel ring and a mark of the elder. Good luck on resistances.

Also, the fact that you haven't incorporated a tempered mind jewel (which is 1 alc) in the top right jewel slot above Blood Drinker shows me you're not building around accuracy correctly when you can get 750 accuracy for that instead of the 11-12 skill points you invest in accuracy related nodes. Also, does us taking the slayer node REALLY give us anything good outside of the overleech of 2.5 seconds? Because you take winter spirit we don't even need Physical damage reflect immunity.

After more than 7 exalteds spent on this build this league I'm barely puttering at just over 400,000 (non boss) (640k with all flasks) dps with 5.3k Maximum life. I've also spent over 1100 alterations on ilvl83 abyss jewels and only hit perfect life ONCE (with increased stun duration, lol). It's getting ridiculous, though that's not your fault.

This build IS really unique, but it's really expensive, and doesn't scale as easily after the abundant nerfs to abyss jewel phys rolls and life anymore. And if you tell people to keep playing PoB, that's not the same as actually seeing how bad the build feels now. Back when it could hit 7k life with much less investment it was solid. I wouldn't say the same.

First of all: What are you trying to accomplish here taking that tone? Do you want me do close this thread done and delete the build so players like you who have no idea what they are doing and need builds can compete for even less gear/builds?

I get that you might be frustrated, I get that my PoB is not super perfect; yes I do not play this build in blight (or a couple leagues before that) - so give me a fucking break and read what I write and apply your own judgement and intellect to problems you might encounter.

To answer your questions:

Q1: Your new PoB has perfect jewels!
A1: Well - then lower the roll on the jewel in pob? Here, I made a Video for you that shows you how to do that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJxnqAZtlHk

Q2: Circle of Guilts are so expensive!
A2: I got those rings/pobs from YT_HB who literally started playing this build again 2 days ago in Blight. Anyhow - check out what it says in the OP:

It just mentiones that the Circle of Guilt rings are BiS - the SteelRing/Mark of the Elder are still there! But of course I add the new BiS stuff into this Guide/it's PoB - it is a endgame showcase, same as the videos, obviously.

Q3: We do not need phys reflect immunity! Why Slayer?!?!
A3: Because any other skill we might use - like RoA - will still deal a portion of its damage as Physical Damage; Winter Spirit or not. Only Scourge Arrow which inherently converts 60% of its damage to chaos deals no 'left over' phys damage if you take the 40% conversion from Winter Spirit into account. Since this build advertises as an 'all-rounder' and even showcases a couple endgame bosses with RoA the phys reflect immunity is relevant.
If you *only* play Scourge Arrow and do not mind/value the Overleech feel free to take another Sub-Ascendancy like Assassin or Pathfinder or Inquisitor.

Q4: You are obviously to stupid to know how Accuracy works. Idiot. Spending 12 nodes on accurancy?!?!
A4: The tone you took here is atrocious. We invest exactly 3 Points in an Accuracy cluster - around the notable Acuity - and even that one has very strong Attack Speed nodes on it which are not only very good in terms of PoB dps - but also increase the Attack Speed of the Mirage Archer - which is neither ingame nor in PoB reflected. The accuracy nodes we pick up with the unnatural instinct are just nice to have - its the life, movementspeed and attackspeed that makes the investment of that jewel that good. The accuracy is a nice bonus.
Master Fletcher is a very strong (afaik even the strongest in terms of pure DPS) option to path towards - it also gives accuracy, yes. But we would take it anyway, same as the unnatural instinct.
If you do not have the levels to path towards those nodes or the dosh to afford an unnatural instinct - well, yeah. Obviously use an alternative like tempered spirit to help you out in the meantime. But useing your own brain is nothing I should have to point out in a guide that isnt for beginners in the first place.
Since the listed PoB is obviously an EndGame example - a strong abyss jewel is worth more then tempered spirit accuracy we at this point do not even need anymore.

Q5: This build if so fucking expensive I spent already 7ex!
A5: Sorry to break it to you - 7EX is a bit of change for most builds. Hell, a linked decently rolled starforge goes for about 10EX. And thats not even a maxed-out choice for cyclone builds.
About your alteration spam: make sure you actually have itemlevel 83+ Abyss jewels. Lower Itemlevel jewels can't even roll certain t1 mods.

Q6: You should play this build and not just say stuff!
A6: YT_HB (the guy who worked together with me to make this guide in the first place) plays this build right now in Blight and it performs better then ever with Circles of Guilt and other stuff that wasn't available back when the build was first made.
The JewelNerf is around for longer then Blight btw - and last league people played this build with great success as well. (some went for pure slayer even since its baseline crit ascendency node was a bit overpowered (its nefed now))
The problem is not the build, the game, the nerfs or whatever - it is propably sitting in front of your pc. And I am willing to help with that - though not with the tone you take here.

Have a good one.
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Sep 26, 2019, 8:04:42 AM
"
obonut wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
RaoulDukey wrote:
Okey cool, i think i made a poetrade day now XD

I forgot somethink about my idea with the life/mana reduced note on the ammulet.
My idea was because there is one slot open in the Herald 6L-Setup to try put also an Empower in to it, think will be a huge dps boost, thats why im thinkig about to set this mana reduced note on the amu.
Have no idea how many mana will left there to go, i also want a to smooth map clearing, i will checked out how it is when i get a lvl 4 enlighten + the 6% reduced note.

Thanks again, much love.

Just test it out in pob? :o

No need to gamble away currency like that.

Anyhooo!

Here is a new upgraded PoB - its also already in the guide:

https://pastebin.com/K9MYztCE

Thanks to YT_HB again who decided to play this build again this league and upgraded some stuff. :)

Your upgraded POB doesnt work, please fix

I updated the PoB link - does it work now? Please use the PoB desktop application as well. The Phone app is a bit wonky.
"
Mateusz5315 wrote:
Hi!, I've recognized now DoomFletch is saying "Gain 100% of weapon physical damage as extra damage of a random element" it is not giving us bonus to all element anymore. Is it still better to use doomfletch or maybe it's time to change the main bow?

You are confusing Doomfletch with its upgraded variant Doomfletch Prism.
Last edited by Xenithos on Sep 26, 2019, 3:56:42 PM
"
Xenithos wrote:

First of all, the only tone I had was in my first section because I found your new Path of Building ridiculous and unlike you. I did not swear at you once, nor call you stupid or an idiot. Though I will say I phrased the accuracy part not that well. I even gave you credit in that the build works and is very unique, but that it simply isn't cheap. Usually when you see someone with stuff like league starter and 5-link only, etc. They've made a cheap build, and the premise came off paper to me as modest when I looked over your original PoB. I even squarely told you the alt rolling and cost of the build wasn't your fault. If you saw more tone in my previous post I peronsally feel that it was added in when you read it, and not there.

In fact, you treated me like an idiot by making that video, and one can clearly see your damage get cut nearly in half and your life pool drop by 700, which was the main point I was trying to say. This build just doesn't feel good without a huge investment, and your newest Path of Building was PERFECT and unattainable. I have been playing Path of Exile for a long time, and no builds are perfect, and I'm not stupid, nor do I call others that. I just don't have the same time or skills in grinding/making currency to use a build like this as an "easy" league starter. I know how to use Path of Building and I know how to roll jewels and what mods can roll on jewels.

I can tell you that I have lowered the rolls on the jewels, and your skill gems that are all over maxed, and similar things. The build hits 5.5-6k life reasonably easily with a solid investment estimate of about 10 ex and about 1.5 million damage with great jewels. But there was a lot of extra effort made to make it more realistic, rather than just flipping a tree switch in Path of Building. And when I see a TON of accuracy nodes all over the tree, NOT Master Fletcher by the way, I think Master Fletcher is a GREAT investment, but the pathing to aspect of the eagle, and other such pathing when better UTILITY while still attaining damage and speed CHEAPLY can be found elsewhere was confusing me.

I'm sorry to have offended you, my main question was if Slayer was worth it since the high end of the build was so hard to get to, not WHY SLAYER? when it came to survivability as the only thing remaining for specifically the scourge arrow setup was the overleech.

I have an unnatural instinct by the way, it's pretty awesome and gives us so much. The 44% increased accuracy among other things is pretty great, which is when I started wondering if we were stacking too much %increased and not enough additive accuracy rolls. I started playing with Path of Building before coming here.

I hope I didn't ruin your morning with my previous post, that was not my intention. Have a good one dude.

PS: I think perhaps the issue I have is I wasn't sure what the best upgrade path was for items versus cost. That's most likely the issue I'm running into.

Phrasing something along the lines of 'You clearly do not understand how accuracy...' is a personal attack. The 'You' in it makes it clear. I do not judge you by your intentions, I judge you by what you write.

In general I try to take the most generous read on things online, which is inherently not the best medium for communication. But you crossed a line.

Stop judgeing my by your narrow interpretation of what is written.

I never once said the build is supercheap to max out. I said it scales well with investment; I said some key items are fairly cheap and it is easy and comfortable to take this build into (at least) yellow maps and gear it. I also said *why* that is the case: Since only the jewels require upgrading and improving it is comfortable to upgrade this build. No relinking, no new sixlinks, no re-colouring of stuff required.

If you assume a bunch of stuff from wordings like 'on 5link' I can't help you. I wrote that so people know no long linkchains are required as well as to highlight the interaction between the DoomFletch Prism and the Shrouds inherent "7link".

Yes, If you reduce the rolls on rare items such as the jewels from t1 to the lowest possible tier - well; the stats you derive from them will also be reduced - what a shocker? The damage is still way in the excess of 6 Million DPS. For reference: the goal to shoot for when tackling endgame is about 1Mio DPS.

It seems obvious to me that the problem is not the PoB or what jewels I put into it - but that you are frustrated with your own character. You can't push past 400k DPS and instead of asking how you can improve your build for a budget etc you flip out and start insulting people.

You draw the worst conclusions from what someone says, jump to unfair assumptions, write in a toxic manner and spend a lot of time either deflecting from your own faults and mistakes (instead of owning up to them) and are unproductive in solving your actual problem.

To answer in detail to your post:

Q1: This build reades as a league-starter!
A1: No, it does not. You can leaguestart with it and it scales well with investment. But that is it. It uses 5 unique items, four of them (the head, the chest, the boots and the gloves) are from a league mechanic (abyss). Since you play PoE for quite some time already - what on earth made you think this is a league-starter? Don't answer that. Just reflect a bit on things for a bit. I am not actually intersted in your answer.

Q2: You made this video to call me stupid!
A2: Again, you are assuming a lot of things. I made this video to show you how to change the rolls on that jewel in PoB; that is it. I also highlight that all the jewels are automatically changed as well, since it is just one and the same jewel. If you feel insulted by that video - again, I can't help you. That is on you. There is nothing insulting in the video as far I know.

Q3: How dare you post a PoB in a guide that I personally can't afford! That is super missleading! Also you pathed to Aspect of the Eagle which is silly and a waste of points!
A3: I find it kinda funny how you on one hand claim that I do not know what I am doing with my guide/skilltree and on the other hand are complaining that my PoB/Damage is unrealistic (with or without the new jewels.) ^^'
About pathing towards Aspect of the Eagle which is - according to you - a waste and should be better spent on other utility instead of Accuracy: There is exactly NO other node that has accuracy when pathing to Aspect of the Eagle. All nodes that I took that lead towards it are in fact Utlity nodes - Projectile Speed increases the area the Thorn Arrows cover and as such help the clear speed. The Stun resist-chance is defensive utility since we are not stun-immune. (like most dodge based characters/builds) and last aspect of the eagle is a solid option in terms of dps (not least due to the accuracy) but more importantly it also offers good utlity with movementpseed. Which is really good for anything with a mirage archer.

I already answered why I did not use a tempered spirit: In the end I didn't need one; and if you need one while leveling/gearing then go for it.

Q4: '... my question was if Salyer was WORTH IT, not the reason why you take it'
A4: ... Do you expect me to read your mind? I do not know what 'worth it' means for you. I do not know where your character is at; I have never seen a pob of your character. All I can do and anyone can reasonably expect from me is to ask me *why* I choose slayer. And I gave you those answers. (re: phys reflect immunity) I also told you when it is better to go Assassin, Pathfinder, Inquisitor etc.

I will not spoonfeed you, because quite frankly I can't and I certainly can't for everyone in this thread. I tell you what I think is good and why I think so - then make your own informed decision like any other adult.
Seeing the recent misunderstanding unfold, I hope you don't mind if I ask how much would you judge this build viable as a "league starter"?

Let me explain, I usually make 1 character per league because I also dislike levelling and have limited time to play. So no such thing as making a farmer character and funneling currency into the target character.

My budget within a league is probably around 20-30ex tops depending on luck and time. I'm not good at currency farming.

I was considering trying this build in Blight, but decided against it mostly due to how I know both Lioneye jewel and 2-socket abyssal items are frequently expensive. Apparently this season Shroud of the Lightless is also a hot cookie for Saboteurs driving its price up.

So generally do you think this build would be suitable to be played on a budget (yellows / tabula then transition into budget version of items like 1-socket abyssals, mediocre rolled jewels, no unnatural instinct, etc.)

My goals are usually complete 24/36 challenges, majority of the atlas and the more common bosses that are usually used in challenges (I haven't deep delved, killed uber elder once in my life).

I was curious about scourge arrow because it's an aoe skill, I always played aoe skills so far because they tend to provide good map clear and don't require precise aiming on boss fights.

There's tons of different versions of scourge arrow builds for different classes (elemental, physical, even things like poison or ignite prolif builds) and it's hard for me to decide which one would work best on a low budget, as I probably won't be able to reach high-end version which is usually the point of comparison what the build is capable of.

What made me interested in this version is the fact it can run both ele and phys reflect and I don't wanna risk dying every time there's "complete unided maps" challenge.

I just wanna know how expensive would be to bring this build to "can clear atlas and most bosses" level and how does it behave before it reaches that level (I know a few builds I decided to skip trying because they're "don't even approach before 20ex" level).
Last edited by Viktranka on Sep 26, 2019, 1:56:42 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
Seeing the recent misunderstanding unfold, I hope you don't mind if I ask how much would you judge this build viable as a "league starter"?

Let me explain, I usually make 1 character per league because I also dislike levelling and have limited time to play. So no such thing as making a farmer character and funneling currency into the target character.

My budget within a league is probably around 20-30ex tops depending on luck and time. I'm not good at currency farming.

I was considering trying this build in Blight, but decided against it mostly due to how I know both Lioneye jewel and 2-socket abyssal items are frequently expensive. Apparently this season Shroud of the Lightless is also a hot cookie for Saboteurs driving its price up.

So generally do you think this build would be suitable to be played on a budget (yellows / tabula then transition into budget version of items like 1-socket abyssals, mediocre rolled jewels, no unnatural instinct, etc.)

My goals are usually complete 24/36 challenges, majority of the atlas and the more common bosses that are usually used in challenges (I haven't deep delved, killed uber elder once in my life).

I was curious about scourge arrow because it's an aoe skill, I always played aoe skills so far because they tend to provide good map clear and don't require precise aiming on boss fights.

There's tons of different versions of scourge arrow builds for different classes (elemental, physical, even things like poison or ignite prolif builds) and it's hard for me to decide which one would work best on a low budget, as I probably won't be able to reach high-end version which is usually the point of comparison what the build is capable of.

What made me interested in this version is the fact it can run both ele and phys reflect and I don't wanna risk dying every time there's "complete unided maps" challenge.

I just wanna know how expensive would be to bring this build to "can clear atlas and most bosses" level and how does it behave before it reaches that level (I know a few builds I decided to skip trying because they're "don't even approach before 20ex" level).

In general hard to answer, since the prices for stuff fluctuate widly. In Synthesis for example - which was a caster league - this build was cheap as heckers for obvious reasons.

This league due to the saboteurs you mentioned it is more pricy. Directly after the Abyss Jewel nerf the jewels were really cheap - people overvalued the nerf and sold really good jewels for cheap. Now the prices are up again because people realised that the nerf was fair, not backbreaking.

If you have the time make a new pob and import/recreate the items used in this build, but adjusted to your budget needs. (non corrupted gear, lv20 gems, non-balanced resists, cheap jewels with only mediocre life and one phys roll (+whatever the regal might give you or is already on them), no double socket abyssal gear, no unnatural instinct, an iron ring instead of a steel one etc)

Make sure to check on trade what this gear costs to get some estimates.

For the Endgame the goal is to reach ~1Mio Dps and 5.5k+ life. High Yellow Tier Maps can be done with about 200k DPS.

When you are done with that feel free to link it and I can look over it to work out some fairly budget upgrades/improvements.

I feel like with a 30ex budget you should be able to do endgame on this build, but don't use my feeling here as the end-all be-all. ^^'

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info