[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

And yeah; the new channel nodes are really good for this build.

i didn't have them skilled when i switched, the damage was still massively in favor of scourge.
and thanks for clarifying life on hit/ leech, i assumed it worked in tandem

btw, how do you deal best with templar legions and their massive amounts of proximity shields? is toxic rain or caustic arrow worth using there? or do they need a more specific setup?
Last edited by dragomob on Jun 12, 2019, 11:54:18 AM
"
dragomob wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

i didn't have them skilled when i switched, the damage was still massively in favor of scourge.

btw, how do you deal best with templar legions and their massive amounts of proximity shields? is toxic rain or caustic arrow worth using there? or do they need a more specific setup?

Life on Hit and Leech do work both at the same time - they are just different mechanics. Leech generates a leech 'instance' - think of it like a health bottle charge - and depletes that over the next 4 seconds to heal you. The harder your hit the bigger the 'instance' will be. The max rate at which you deplete that 'instance' is capped - you double that rate with vaal pact. Once you hit hard enough it usually does not matter anymore how much of that attack (in%) is going to transfer over to generate the 'leech instance'. It will be large enough anyhow and is going to be capped by the 'instance' depletion rate way before anything else.

Life on hit on the other hand does exactly what it says - it gives you a fixed amount of life per hit. If you hit more often, you get its recovery more often. Thats it. Leech and leech modifiers to do not affect it. (total recovery mods would, but thats for another day)

Before you ask: Regeneration is a third, seperate mechanic again. As is recharge.

Scourge Arrow has an inbuilt more multi - so yes, it does do more damage. RoA is more of a clear alternative once you have good gear.

About Proximity Shields:

Run close to them usually.

Toxic rain or caustic arrow are not worth useing - they require a totally different kind of setup/build. Those are DoT skills and scale with Damage over Time Multipliers, do not benefit from flat damage rolls, penetration, on hit effect etc.

Mass Proximity Shield stuff is just a bit shitty to do for all ranged characters - just run close and kill them while you are in their shield-zone usually does the trick.

thank you for the detailed description :)

i had hoped to avoid the "running closer" option, since it got me killed in the first few maps i tried :)
nothing that better gear won't fix, i guess.

overall i am really surprised about the damage output this build has while leveling, especially since the build enabling items are still missing.

i can only really compare it to ED/cont, but my dps/clearspeed was likely 3-4 times as high with your scion

"
dragomob wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

I found using cwdt with either Steelskin(used) or Molten Shell(didn't use) to help alot when I've come across those types of enemies. Not sure how Molten Shells reflect would work with the use of Blood Rage...
Last edited by Guru1619 on Jun 12, 2019, 3:25:56 PM
Hi, thanks for showing me Dmg of Full Life needs to be checked in PoB.

I just got my 5link, and i'm trying to figure out the socket combo - which
right now is scourge, mirage, elemmental damage, and infused and ele focus to match your bow example you listed.

Is that right? Or should i be using the damage on full life? You did say to replace inc crit strikes with the infused channeling, yeah?

ALSO, i can't equip the Shroud despite having all 3 main jewels.

Can i confirm the amulet should have both INT and STR rolls?
I know the elder roll on it is huge but i figure the shroud's more important - i'm about level 82 now still living on a tabula. Somehow.

Oh and, your build is amazing. Thank you so much for it.
Last edited by Nethicite on Jun 13, 2019, 1:25:39 AM
"
Nethicite wrote:
Hi, thanks for showing me Dmg of Full Life needs to be checked in PoB.

I just got my 5link, and i'm trying to figure out the socket combo - which
right now is scourge, mirage, elemmental damage, and infused and ele focus to match your bow example you listed.

Is that right? Or should i be using the damage on full life? You did say to replace inc crit strikes with the infused channeling, yeah?

ALSO, i can't equip the Shroud despite having all 3 main jewels.

Can i confirm the amulet should have both INT and STR rolls?
I know the elder roll on it is huge but i figure the shroud's more important - i'm about level 82 now still living on a tabula. Somehow.

Oh and, your build is amazing. Thank you so much for it.

Glad you enjoy it.

yeah, sure those support gems work.

I do not quite get what you mean by 'I can't equip the shroud despite having all 3 main jewels'??

What does that even mean?
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Jun 13, 2019, 5:09:42 AM
Ah, should have been clearer. Even with all the required jewel and boosted stats from them - Unnatural Instinct and Might of the Meek - without a int roll on something like your amulet you cannot equip the Shroud - its the int requirement on it.

It's fine now. I fixed my character by rerolling a crafted resist on my ammy in favor of int, and now i can equip the Shroud of the lightless.

I'm not quite sure what to go for next. Bubonic Trail rose in price, hoping it dips tomorrow again, then i'm probably going to have to work towards either the elder amulet or the shaper steel ring.
Hey me again!! so my slayer version has killed uber elder 5 times this league and is going very strong in legion content!. nothing this build cant do! i went overwhelm for late game and changed my auras slightly (until i get ele weak corrupt gloves runing proj curse!!) but yea its SLAYING - Pun intended!!. thanks again having so much fun!!

https://pastebin.com/n80cbRzA
It as so fast getting to max stages in 3.7. It looks like they addressed it in the patch. :/

"Fixed a bug where Scourge Arrow gained stages much faster than intended."
"
Hey me again!! so my slayer version has killed uber elder 5 times this league and is going very strong in legion content!. nothing this build cant do! i went overwhelm for late game and changed my auras slightly (until i get ele weak corrupt gloves runing proj curse!!) but yea its SLAYING - Pun intended!!. thanks again having so much fun!!

https://pastebin.com/n80cbRzA

Thanks for your pob.
you can add précision lvl 5 on your aura/curse setup for maximize your dps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info