Which is the best platform for ARPG/Loot-driven games like POE ?

iPhone or Samsung Galaxy ?
Last edited by Eeshaan1985 on Jan 31, 2019, 8:14:40 AM
Last bumped on Feb 1, 2019, 4:04:51 PM
1/10.

If I would try to be serious, unlike you, I would say that playing ARPG's (Hack'n Slash) on anything other that PC, is a "no-go" for me personally. The same with first-person shooters. Sure, it can be fun, but mouse+keyboard will always be superior in my mind. Never tried PoE on Xbox, but I've tried D3 on console. Blizzard did it OK. But still better on PC.

Simulators, on the other hand, and platform games - as well as other types of third person action games like GTA, Darksiders and so on, plays best on a controller. NOTHING plays best on a phone. It can play "good", but never "best".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jan 31, 2019, 8:44:31 AM
"
Eeshaan1985 wrote:

nokia
34pre98qua
"
stkmro wrote:
"
Eeshaan1985 wrote:

nokia

Yeah, Snake has never really been bettered.
"
Phrazz wrote:
1/10.

If I would try to be serious, unlike you, I would say that playing ARPG's (Hack'n Slash) on anything other that PC, is a "no-go" for me personally. The same with first-person shooters. Sure, it can be fun, but mouse+keyboard will always be superior in my mind. Never tried PoE on Xbox, but I've tried D3 on console. Blizzard did it OK. But still better on PC.

Personally I agree with Charan that D3 is actually better on console... with the addendum that I don't think D3 qualifies as a real ARPG, so I agree with you that ARPGs are best on PC.

Active Dodge makes a huge difference though on console, for real.
"
GloatingSwine wrote:
"
stkmro wrote:
"
Eeshaan1985 wrote:

nokia

Yeah, Snake has never really been bettered.

Ahh yes, I miss the old Snek on Nokia. That game is better than most AAA 'Strategy' games you got on mobile nowadays :'(
I know you're trolling but you're still dumb. iPhone is a device, not a platform. iOS and Android are the only two competing mobile platforms out there.

When parents totally and utterly fail their kids, this is what we get.
Deliver pain exquisite
Last edited by ultratiem on Jan 31, 2019, 3:05:09 PM
It will always be best on pc not just because the massive power hardware difference allows for infinitely more possiblities, or the fact that the keyboard allows for a massive array of button binds for combos that the consoles need to be dumbed down for but its also the only system that can support a game for more then a decade which is what a successful ARPG needs to thrive.

the consoles require downgrades graphicly and control wise which doesnt suit the ARPG genre very well and nether can the mobile market right now, though in the mobile market there is potential that once the hardware is alittle more powerful it could remove one obsticle from being good
The PC will always be better as the most important item, the SCREEN, will be too tiny on any phone to play for very long without getting eye strain and a headache.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Any platform that promotes capitalism, self-sufficiency, personal armament, and aggressive unregulated trade, with a minor focus on blaming others, iconoclasm, hatred and persecution of 'others', and an Us vs Them mentality.

I'll leave it up to you to decide which platform/s most closely match this criterion.

Phone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info