[3.7] Getting Physical - UPDATED Shattering Steel Guide

What can i use instead of Purity of Elements?
"
hozakillerr wrote:
What can i use instead of Purity of Elements?

Just use Arctic Armor without the Watcher's Eye for a budget option. You won't get the Chaos Resistance from the Watcher's Eye this way obviously.

If you still want to fit in a Watcher's Eye somehow, Vitality would also work.
What do you think about Shaped Jeweled Foil with gain x% physical dmg as extra cold/fire dmg ?
"
Piccaso wrote:
What do you think about Shaped Jeweled Foil with gain x% physical dmg as extra cold/fire dmg ?

you could go this route, but you'd lose out on using Brutality, and you would want to start scaling WED. If stat-sticking were still a thing, it'd be hard to argue against fake DW'ing, obviously.

keep in mind that Impale wants as big a PHYS hit as possible, and the intent of the build was/is to explore how far to push that. I don't really see a need for the Shaper "Phys as Extra" mods, and it makes the crafting process a bit trickier.
"
"
Piccaso wrote:

you could go this route, but you'd lose out on using Brutality, and you would want to start scaling WED. If stat-sticking were still a thing, it'd be hard to argue against fake DW'ing, obviously.

keep in mind that Impale wants as big a PHYS hit as possible, and the intent of the build was/is to explore how far to push that. I don't really see a need for the Shaper "Phys as Extra" mods, and it makes the crafting process a bit trickier.

Oh, i forgot on Brutality, my first physical build. It is solved then. My bad :-)

BTW nice build, clearing T10 maps on lvl 68 with 2x Beltimber and a little crap gear
Last edited by Piccaso on Feb 18, 2019, 5:17:39 PM
Is this a viable league starter?
"

I wouldn't recommend it. I would not play Shattering without a 4 link of GMP-Fork-Vicious. In a league start scenario, I would recommend other skills instead.

For perspective, I also would not recommend Spectral Throw for a league starter. If you're okay struggling a bit and not being super speedy on day 1 or 2, then sure.
"
"

I wouldn't recommend it. I would not play Shattering without a 4 link of GMP-Fork-Vicious. In a league start scenario, I would recommend other skills instead.

For perspective, I also would not recommend Spectral Throw for a league starter. If you're okay struggling a bit and not being super speedy on day 1 or 2, then sure.

Getting a 4-link during leveling is no problem.
The moment you get and can use GMP there are lots of 4 links. A white with a useless essence on it will do.
I leveled with this skill, it was no problem.

Most item filters will show 4 links during leveling process even in a strict resolution - so just pick one up. Or check vendors some time. Use a hat or glove when you can, it doesn't need to be replaced that fast.
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
"

Getting a 4-link during leveling is no problem.
The moment you get and can use GMP there are lots of 4 links. A white with a useless essence on it will do.
I leveled with this skill, it was no problem.

Most item filters will show 4 links during leveling process even in a strict resolution - so just pick one up. Or check vendors some time. Use a hat or glove when you can, it doesn't need to be replaced that fast.

I'm glad to hear that it leveled well! I haven't leveled with the skill -- I leveled this character as Sunder. Because I didn't have the experience, I was hesitant to recommend it.

@llyrain, did you level with uniques, or were you using rustic sash recipes, or what?
"

I'm glad to hear that it leveled well! I haven't leveled with the skill -- I leveled this character as Sunder. Because I didn't have the experience, I was hesitant to recommend it.

@llyrain, did you level with uniques, or were you using rustic sash recipes, or what?

I mostly found good enough weapons to avoid the recipe. But it's a good fallback, and a use for useless level 1 essences creating yellow sashes.

Until Level 50 all the + elemental damage on rings amus and gloves is very good, too.

Didn't used uniques since SSF - and a tablula drops never for me before level 80. Or unique weapons I ditched because I had already better.

And just go dual wield - the bonus is too good to be left behind.

Leveling is much smoother anyway now since you can use the crafting bench very early with useful recipes. Crafting the missing +% or +absolute damage on weapons (level 1) is worth a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info