[3.7] Tectonic Slam [Facebreaker Edition] | Hit the ground to destroy your enemys

Will you be updating the gems for 3.7? That section seems to be super different relative to 3.6 -- in particular, multistrike went from super cool to completely terrible for tec slam. The 3.7 version seems to be worse than not slotting a support gem at all -- it jacks up the endurance charge mechanics, doubles the mana cost, and is neutral or possibly even negative for DPS.

Aside from that I do like the build! Most of the uniques are very cheap this league for a melee build, and the chieftain buffs seem really cool.
https://pastebin.com/hpQzhFFF
Modified your build (slightly for now).
Includes both lvl 95 and lvl 100 trees.
Lvl 95 tree differences:
~20% more DPS
100 less hp
1000 more armor but 2% less physical reduction
less overres
no mana leech

20% more dmg is cool, sure, but what about mana leech?
I think you could aim for Warlord's Mark on Ring for the same Mana leech and way more Endurance Charges.

Further changes to make:
Shuffle resistances so you can use Wise Oak.
Swap out Multistrike, any other support gem and we can get as high as 30% more dps (Multistrike gives us... 2% dps).

With those changes and lvl 100 tree I've hit 3.5k DPS on PoB.

Side notes:
This +12% DPS Stygian is slightly ridiculous. :^)
Last edited by Irevall on Jun 15, 2019, 5:15:16 PM
Hey all guys understanding Path of Exile. I follow this build, its amazing cool. thx for it.
I got to apoint where I give up, cause i simple can't figure out the way crits work in this build. it makes no sence at all.
When using Facebreakers, we canb't crit right?
why do our damage then go down if we pick resolute technique?
Then why do our damage go up when we pick elemental overload when it only applys when i have crit recently?
What is it that makes us crit when we can't crit ( Confused Smiley)

All the best
"
cxzaqwe wrote:
Hey all guys understanding Path of Exile. I follow this build, its amazing cool. thx for it.
I got to apoint where I give up, cause i simple can't figure out the way crits work in this build. it makes no sence at all.
When using Facebreakers, we canb't crit right?
why do our damage then go down if we pick resolute technique?
Then why do our damage go up when we pick elemental overload when it only applys when i have crit recently?
What is it that makes us crit when we can't crit ( Confused Smiley)

All the best

Uhh??
Facebreaker's can crit, this build can't crit only because of Resolute Technique. This build doesn't use Elemental Overload, getting it doesn't change PoB DPS either.
Last edited by Irevall on Jun 16, 2019, 12:52:11 PM
Hi all,
Great guide, I used it from the start of this season. I just got to maps. One thing I've noticed is that I can kill packs really quickly, but it takes me forever to kill bosses. I'm not quite sure what my next steps should be.
Should I leave my gear as is while I'm starting maps and hope I get a lot more currency to be able to purchase the upgrades in the guide, or is it worthwhile to buy some budget upgrades to help me do the maps more quickly?
Right now I do way more damage with tectonic slam when I have a weapon equipped, so the facebreaker isn't really doing anything special for me at the moment.
Any suggestions for a POE noob?
@satin303
Can you link your character PoB or make your characters public?
I suppose that would help :P
Sorry about that - I think the characters should be visible now. Thanks!
Hey, i played that build as chieftain this league and right now i am around Lvl 70. It's really fun but i got some mana problems and don't know how to solve it without mana flasks.
What can i do? Actually i have no free socket for warlords mark or another skill gem.

How do you solve the mana problem or does it not appear if you play not chieftain?
i use pain reaver on the ascendancy tree and even with all 3 auras active it usually keeps me pretty well equipped with mana
@SaTiN303
First off, Juggernaut is probably gonna have way less damage than Chieftain version.
Secondly, you have only one item "adds # to # physical dmg to attacks", with values of 2 to 8, and this stat is pretty important for this build. Get the unique helm and boots mentioned in build, they should boost your damage a lot and cost next to nothing. Rings and jewelry might be a bit more expensive.
I don't know how much money you have, but I'd look into upgrading all of your items and potentially swapping Multistrike for some other support gem.

@OurFinestHour
That's Zerker aascendancy tho, he mentioned he plays Chieftain.
Last edited by Irevall on Jun 24, 2019, 1:13:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info