No answer from support about crucible pack purchase

I decided to buy the crucible support pack this Christmas as sort of a present to myself and wanted to have the hoodie and t-shirt but felt no desire for the signed art pack.

I emailed support about having some points instead of the art pack and received constant communication saying that this would be OK and to email back when I purchased the pack and they could change my opt-in preferences for the pack.

I got the 4800 points instantly but have yet to receive the extra points from the art pack.

I have now sent 3 emails to support asking for an ETA on the points or even an update on why it has been a week without any responses to my emails.

I don't know what to do, I don't want to think that my emails are being ignored now they have my money but I can't help but feel that way.

Any suggestions about how to get this matter resolved?
The first rule of fight club is.... wear a cup!
Last bumped on Feb 5, 2019, 1:38:06 PM
You are likely resetting your queue when you asked for updates. It seems like the system groups all conversations together and then send them to the back of the queue (latest timestamp). The team is back from their break so should reply soon. Meanwhile, please wait and avoid sending them any more mails.
Last edited by Zphyr on Jan 21, 2019, 2:13:42 PM
OK thank-you for your response.

I will stop sending emails.

However I must say I sent them 3-4 days apart (the first one being on Jan 13th) didn't take them that long to respond before I bought the pack, had a series of emails back and forth about shirt sizes etc, all answered within 2-3 hours.
Last edited by gfellows on Jan 21, 2019, 2:21:06 PM
I'm in a similar boat, sent an email regarding supporter pack. 12 days and counting now.

I honestly would ignore people saying about resetting your queue as its nonsense. I know this for a fact. As I got a response within a few hours to my first email, requesting information (Address, etc). It was the follow up which involved seeing where missing pack has gone; once this info was provided, tracking etc.. that has now remained unanswered after 12 days..

Clearly if there is a queue as stated, how did the first email I sent bypass the queue completely??? And now the 2nd email remains unanswered after 12 days.

I know of no company in the world, that has over 12 days to respond to email, queue or not.. Really wish people would stop damage controlling for them. There is clearly a much deeper problem going here.
"
OGRONIN wrote:
I'm in a similar boat, sent an email regarding supporter pack. 12 days and counting now.

I honestly would ignore people saying about resetting your queue as its nonsense. I know this for a fact. As I got a response within a few hours to my first email, requesting information (Address, etc). It was the follow up which involved seeing where missing pack has gone; once this info was provided, tracking etc.. that has now remained unanswered after 12 days..

Clearly if there is a queue as stated, how did the first email I sent bypass the queue completely??? And now the 2nd email remains unanswered after 12 days.

I know of no company in the world, that has over 12 days to respond to email, queue or not.. Really wish people would stop damage controlling for them. There is clearly a much deeper problem going here.

yeah I must say I get a similar feeling, its a shame because I've always heard such great things about GGG's communication.

I wonder whats going on with them that they risk alienating so many paying fans, I didn't have to spend $480 on supporting them and unfortunately I will think twice about doing in the future, sad really :(

edit:

I got an email minutes after posting this saying they are experiencing a large amount of support requests and they are sorry and that my issue has been passed on to the relevant team.

Seems like a generic message but I'm happy for the communication so will wait and see what happens :)
Last edited by gfellows on Jan 22, 2019, 1:16:28 PM
Ok, by no means do I know how GGG support works in reality, but I too have a feeling that the queuing system isn't as black and white. Oh, I believe that resetting queue is real as it makes sense, else staffs would have corrected everyone that has been speaking of them in the last years.

However, I think that it's likely that after the first (or first few) emails exchanges, the requests/questions/etc are filtered by theme and priority, and passed down to more specialized people... and there's where the delay resides. This would partially explain why requests takes longer after the first contact, mainly those that require a more hands-on approach such as anything that has to do with account management.

Just my 2 cents.
"
Zphyr wrote:
Ok, by no means do I know how GGG support works in reality, but I too have a feeling that the queuing system isn't as black and white. Oh, I believe that resetting queue is real as it makes sense, else staffs would have corrected everyone that has been speaking of them in the last years.

However, I think that it's likely that after the first (or first few) emails exchanges, the requests/questions/etc are filtered by theme and priority, and passed down to more specialized people... and there's where the delay resides. This would partially explain why requests takes longer after the first contact, mainly those that require a more hands-on approach such as anything that has to do with account management.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree that initial email communications are more likely to be simple and that could explain why they are answered much quicker.

I of course have no idea how their system works either but I find it very hard to believe that changing some opt-in preferences is a time consuming or even "difficult" task.

I can however believe that only certain members of the team have the authority to perform such things, but I can't get my head around the time they take.

All things considered I have mixed feelings, I don't want to assume that they are deprioritising anything that requires authorisation but I have the feeling the time delays are symptomatic of some deeper problem with their support team.

That said I hold no ill will I'm sure things will work out in the end, the only thing that annoyed me was the week of silence, as that is hard to justify no matter the internal workings of the support team. I still think GGG is a great company that made an amazing game that they support with love, so I can live with waiting for my issue to be fixed (now they made some contact).
Update:

I have not received any more emails from GGG support (which is very disappointing) so I am still waiting for clarification on whether my points will be added.

I have however received a POE T-Shirt in the mail, but I haven't got the Hoodie or any information on when it will arrive.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed with the complete lack of support, its amateur at best and not acceptable!

So now I'm stuck with not wanting to send additional emails (for fear of resetting my queue position) and needing some kind of update from GGG on when I will get the hoodie in the mail and when my points will be added.

If someone from GGG would like to respond and let me know why this kind of appalling service is acceptable to someone who supports them with $ I'd like to hear the justification (but more importantly some information on when I get my hoodie and points)

A jaded POE player :(

edit:

I have now received the extra points and am just waiting on the Hoodie :)
Last edited by gfellows on Feb 9, 2019, 3:01:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info