Are we gonna live another gaming crisis ?

The gaming industry is now an absolute cesspool and gamers are very mad. We even see some studios splitting apart.

WE NEED GOOD GAMES AGAIN !!! If a crisis is what greedy companies need to get decent again soo BE IT !!!
Bring me one of those chickens.
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2019, 9:17:41 AM
No. Some core gamers are mad but they are irrelevant in the big picture.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
We are already in it but the other way around.

We see more and more shovelwares being published, including:

- extreme p2w games
- reskin of already existing games with different cash shop items
- gradual disappearance of standard games in favor of anything with a cash shop
- garbage games with thousands of achievements just to increase achievement score (LOL but it's a real thing)
- Dumbing down of just about every single game there is.

The hardcore gamer is already a dying thing, the casual player is being replaced by the gullible gamer.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Gaming crisis is already here. Go listen to youtubers Yongyea, thequartering, heelandbabyface.
lol i think they are entertaining

I'm probably not going to do that now b/c I have to work tomorrow but uhhh .. off the top of my head they were all commenting on stocks for gaming companies being lower at the end of 2018 then they were at the beginning of 2018 and non-stop bad press about FO76 lol. I won't lie, I liked the non-stop FO76 hate I think it's justified and I think todd Howard is a lying scumbag. i have no idea why people think he's handsome lol. Not jealous, just pointing out the obvious questions lol. :D

Game companies consistently pushing out content that is unfinished .. and then adding patches later ..

More if I can think of ..
Last edited by coatofarms on Jan 15, 2019, 12:40:15 AM
FO76 might be a symptom of the crisis .. e.g. companies thinking it is ok to push out content that is unfinished .. a complete lack of communication companies feel gamers should have (e.g. blizzard severely hurting the esport community re HoTS without giving the community any advance warning) ..

Basically all the different tiny ways these companies make decisions to maximize their profits is the crisis. Gamers are no longer in charge of making games .. suits that could give 2 shits about video games are making the decisions .. all they want is to make money off of you.

Video games is more of a business now .. it's not a form of art and the primary reason for the game to come out is all about maximizing moneyz ... Bungie splitting with Activision and taking the Destiny franchise with them is also another important symptom of the crisis we've been in imo.

Last edited by coatofarms on Jan 15, 2019, 1:08:13 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
ITT: Alarmists who talk a lot about how bad 'gaming' is while everyone else is still just enjoying the games they play

None of you have the time or resources to play every game out there, and this is a very facile approach to something as multifaceted and complex as 'the games industry'.

Also, 'another' gaming crisis? I must have been too busy gaming to notice any sort of period dire enough to be called a crisis, and I've been playing since the mid 80s.

It was before our time, in the very early 80's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_crash_of_1983
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
Last edited by faerwin on Jan 15, 2019, 1:16:48 AM
Eh, in the end we are to blame. We gave them money and allowed them to exploit us.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
ITT: Alarmists who talk a lot about how bad 'gaming' is while everyone else is still just enjoying the games they play

None of you have the time or resources to play every game out there, and this is a very facile approach to something as multifaceted and complex as 'the games industry'.

Also, 'another' gaming crisis? I must have been too busy gaming to notice any sort of period dire enough to be called a crisis, and I've been playing since the mid 80s.

It was before our time, in the very early 80's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_crash_of_1983

Oh, I knew about this one. Market saturation and the rise of the PC. Coleco, Atari, Intellivision...splat. Nintendo Ascendant. Sega always a bit of an also-ran (albeit very fast, thanks to all those rings they collected). And Sony just biding their time...

I don't think this is what the OP is talking about, since they're talking about software, not hardware.

It wasn't due to hardware, it was due to softwares. Companies were making garbage games one after the other to sell to the masses because video games were selling very well, until, well, the players/buyers got sick of getting sold garbage.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info