Are we gonna live another gaming crisis ?

The gaming crises is here and it has been here for a few years now.

Sorry for the Long post.

It is just now that folks are paying more attention to it or they are just opening their eyes and now only seeing the bigger picture.

Destiny (2014) is the first game that comes to mind, it was not the game we wanted it to be. Mind you Bungie was able to fix it a bit as time went on. (Released early due to Activision wanting to get the game out sooner than later to appease stockholders)

No Man's Sky (2016) This was released and became a laughing stock of a game. Hello games stuck to their guns and improved the game greatly over the last few years and Xbox released was welcomes and even now new patches make the game better then it was. (Game was released earlier then tended as again Sony wanted to show stockholders that they are doing well)

Ark-Survival Evolved (2017) This game was a mess when it came out. They are still trying to improve the game. They have had many mods they promised in the game and yet we are still waiting for them to show, S+ is only being released now. They were also the first game to have a 100 man rumble (everyone liked it) but they decided not to focus on this part of the game.

Overwatch (2016) First major game to have skins in loot boxes (I am most likely wrong on this, but this is the one that comes to mind for me)

Starwars BattleFront 2 (2017) Well this is the game that this whole loot boxes thing to the front of everyone's attention. Stuff lock behind loot boxes.

Destiny 2 (2017) Came out and everyone seemed to like it, first DLC was released and now all of a sudden the content the game came with was locked behind the purchase of this DLC. (Did they fix this at all, never played the game)

PuBG (2017) this was released to everyone's fanfare (Sorry Wildcard you could have had this with Ark but changed your focus on the game and did not continue with your Battle Royal)

Fortnite (2017) Game was a mild hit folk's seemed to like it. Then came the Battle Royal and man did that just take off, Buying, dances, skins, and hang gliders. (I wanted this stuff for single player as well but nope the company has kept it lock up for multiplayer only, Companies main focus is the Battle Royal part as it makes a ton of money for them. Also had loot boxes to find better guns and heroes for Single player (man I spent too much money on that game to try and get items)

Diablo Immortal (2018) Game announced at Blizzcon 2018, no fanfare what so ever. Blizzard was not looking at what their core players wanted. Instead, they are looking at an overseas market that they are trying to push into (Can't blame them as Mobile phone games are on the rise and make money) They are using a game company that ripped off their Diablo 3 game in the first place, and will just change some of the assets to fit the Diablo 3 skills and looks, pretty cheap for them to do easy money, also loot boxes and pay to win as with all mobile games.

Fallout 76 (2018) This well I do not know where to start, Game came out with a bunch of bugs, full price game as well. 1 week later the game was discount by 20$, 1 month later the game was 50% off. The current state of the game ugly, Folks are selling items on eBay for real money, duping is rampant, players have gotten into the Dev area and take items to dupe and sell. (Too many other problems to list off)

Activision/ Blizzard, since the announcement of Diable Immortal their stock, has gone from 68$ to 45$. This came on the heels of their 3rd quarter numbers that Destiny 2 and CoD did not do as well (CoD only sell 300 million and not 350 million. Activision has now split their ties with Bungie and has given them the Destiny ISP. (Bungie and Fans rejoiced)

Blizzard has lost 2 of their CFO's now one has moved over to Netflix.

Bethesda is now looking at releasing the next Elder Scrolls game early to try and make up for the dismal performance of Fall Out 76.

Blizzard is working on a mobile version of WoW were you collect pets just like in Pokemon Go. (playing catch up in the game industry is not the way to do things)

Blizzard has stopped supporting some of their games Heros of the Storm and soon to be Hearthstone (new survey just came out to Hearthstone players)

Investors are now launching fraud investigation on Activision since the Bungie split.

Oh, I forgot to mention the poor performance of the new Battlefield game as well but it is not doing so hot.

So yeah we are already deep in this game crisis. And it is not looking good.
It's all about "game as a service". If a game can't continuously milk its players it's a failure. That's why Activision thinks Diablo 3 is a failure despite selling tens of millions of copies. That's why all the big publishers switched to making games where you are reminded daily to buy DLC and MTX. The single player triple-AAA game is essentially dead. Only Sony and Nintendo are still making them. Sony is making them so you buy a Playstation and eventually get PS Plus (yay, another monthly payment). Nintendo is also slowly but surely going into that direction. They introduced paid online a while ago and games like Xenoblade 2 hide QoL features behind a DLC paywall.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Bethesda bans FO76 players for killing Wooby and stealing his stuff

Bethesda clueless joke of a company lol

Bethesda be like .. "YOU BANNED!! now tell me how you got into the secret room im' a fucking idiot y u play FO76 so smart? plz plz plz tell?"
Last edited by coatofarms on Jan 15, 2019, 11:59:44 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I'm stuck at the level of hubris they must have to put a developer's room in an online game. Fallout 4, Skyrim? Sure, people can just mod-hack that shit for fun anyway. But an online game where balance actually matters, and you put a dev room full of powerful shit and unreleased gear? FFS that's incompetent.

So okay, these people had to hack their way in and their ban is warranted. That doesn't change the fact that Bethesda were clearly so mentally unprepared for what it means to run an online game that they'd leave this obvious an exploit in there.

edit: I also read there is NO IN-GAME REPORT PLAYER FUNCTION. Wow. Just fucking wow.

Yeah. They are pretty clueless.

And hence the urge now to rush the release of Elder Scrolls 6 out before it is even finished. Because of their incompetence to give us a good balanced MMO of Fallout 76, they failed on many levels and so now are rush to give us a game that won't be near ready or as good if they wait.

They are in a downward spiral.

I just hope all the other gaming companies are taking notes on what not to do.
(But that did not stop Blizzard for falling into the footsteps of EA when they announced a new Comand and Conquer mobile game, and the fans hated it.)

My advice is this

"Listen to your fans, listen to the consumer. They are the ones that buy your games, they are the ones the support your company. They will throw you under a bus just as fast as your stockholders will"
"If the fans and consumers are not buying your games then you get no support from the stockholders"
"If you take your time and provide the fans and the consumer with a good quality game, you will get more support from your fans and consumers doing this then you ever will from the stockholders"
Dunno where this "TES 6 is coming 2019" rumor is coming from but it's definitely false. No way it comes out before 2021.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Never said the Elders Scrolls was coming out in 2019.

Said that they are now rushing it. They are making it their main focus to release it sooner then it should be.

Rushing games get's you No Man's Sky issues.

You get an unfinished product that makes folks unhappy.

So I do hope they step back a bit and look at it and say hey let's make this the best game ever and take their time with it.

I am fine with 2021 kinda except it with a game like Elder Scrolls

I see. Yeah Starfield is obviously coming first, could be a release title for the next-gen consoles (while still being cross-gen of course). And TES 6 will come 1-2 years later. Probably 2. And it hopefully won't be cross-gen.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I see. Yeah Starfield is obviously coming first, could be a release title for the next-gen consoles (while still being cross-gen of course). And TES 6 will come 1-2 years later. Probably 2. And it hopefully won't be cross-gen.

It better be cross-gen. I think all games need to be cross gen these days.
Except for the paid exclusives titles, of course.

When you only make a game for a certain section of the demographic you really hurt your sales.

I really hate the whole elitism we have as gamers, saying this is better, that is better. Play the game on what you want to play on.

I never got into PC Gaming, could never afford to. Computers at the time were expensive and I did not have the funds. I grew up on console, I like console, any of them. I just stuck with Xbox as it had games I liked on it and all my friends moved to Xbox from Dreamcast. Also, I can't afford to play 2 different systems these days to many games to play on Xbox alone to add a second console in there, even though I would like to.

So if either Starfield or TES 6 only came out on PS4/ PS5 or computer I would be pissed. We all would be pissed if those games were only released for certain platforms.

What you mean is cross-plattform and TES 6 will definitely be cross-plattform. Cross-gen means it would come out for PS4 and PS5 which means the game would have to be built around a shitty mobile processor from 2012 becaue the PS4 would be the base hardware. I want TES 6 to be a modern game unconstrained by ancient hardware.
"
Xavderion wrote:
What you mean is cross-plattform and TES 6 will definitely be cross-plattform. Cross-gen means it would come out for PS4 and PS5 which means the game would have to be built around a shitty mobile processor from 2012 becaue the PS4 would be the base hardware. I want TES 6 to be a modern game unconstrained by ancient hardware.

Duh, yeah ok Cross-Gene. (man I need more coffee, or do I need less. Not Sure)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info