Who is your favorite comedian?

Patrice? Bill Burr? I need to laugh after a hard week.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 14, 2019, 2:00:50 AM
Last bumped on Jan 17, 2019, 10:35:42 AM
The late great George Carlin.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
DoctorRandomercam is the only person I watch for laughs that has ever been a legit comedian.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
So many great clips that could be shared... I'll settle for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIkqNiBASfI
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

He was the best! I wish he was still around to see the world today...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
i used to miss Mitch Hedberg. i still do, but i used to too.
░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄░░░░░
░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌░░░░
░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█░░░░
░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌░░░
░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄░░
Um .. until approx. a month ago I would regularly listen to Seth Meyers's "Closer Looks" and Stephen Colbert's monologues .. but I'm fatigued of Trump and don't really care anymore to be honest. Hopefully we'll be able to vote the cretin out in 2020. But I'm not wasting my outrage on him anymore. I don't care to.
I enjoy some jimmy carr, a less angry franky boyle i guess.

Pretty dark humor and i enjoy somebody that doesn't leave topics untouched.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
鬼殺し wrote:
As for Carlin, pretty sure he'd be anti-Trump and not 'your darling truth-speaker' anymore if were alive today. The worst he had for the Bushes in terms of commentary would be nothing compared to the searing rage he'd have for Trump. One of Carlin's best rants was about turning golf courses, which he viewed as the biggest waste of space and the perfect representation of the sins of the overly rich, into housing for the homeless. Given Trump's famed proclivity for golfing and being overly rich, I just don't see Carlin digging that at all. Throw in the misogyny, racism and generally high levels of BULLSHIT that characterise Trump, and a straight-shooting bullshit-caller like Carlin would be very quick to speak sharply in opposition.
Yeah, probably.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
According to his daughter, Carlin would have loved Bernie Sanders. This shouldn't surprise anyone.
It would certainly have surprised me. Carlin's cynicism and distrust of politicians was bipartisan. He might say that Democrats are full of shit and Republicans are full of holy shit.

While I suspect that Carlin might have privately leaned Democrat, I doubt he'd have changed his performance persona by publicly throwing support to any candidate or party. I could imagine him going on a rant that's 2/3 about Trump being full of shit, 1/3 about Hilary being full of shit, and just not mentioning Bernie.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 15, 2019, 11:04:28 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
One of Carlin's best rants was about turning golf courses, which he viewed as the biggest waste of space and the perfect representation of the sins of the overly rich, into housing for the homeless.

Was partying with some friends when said special debuted. Three golfers among the group. They ROFLMFAO the most during that bit. I golfed once. Too slow for my tastes, despite the standard 3 hour time limit.

Carlin was right.

Golf is pointless.

But...

People figured out how to turn it in a trillions of dollars per year industry, where a lot of people are making a lot of money. As long as country clubs can pay their property taxes on a regular basis, golf courses are going nowhere. And... it is bringing in money to the government, and I'm not here to argue that as a bad thing.

My cousins used to caddy at a country club. Good money, even better because they were 10 years old when they started. The older one started saving his money at 12 and graduated college debt-free. Got all sorts of good advice from his golfers, and... and... took it to heart. He's made a good life for himself.

Yes, even golf courses can be a force for good in the universe.

[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info