[3.10] Spidermancer | Arakaali's Fang Necromancer | Everything dead in 3ex | Level 100 reached

Been playing around with this build a bit.

Because spiders use viper strike, i decided to go deep chaos.

I use United in Dream for the offhand to give the spiders 100% to poison on hit, paired with Withering Touch, Despair, and Temporal Chains to increase the chaos damage.

I use Carrion (would like to get the enchant for its buff), animated guardian, and Specters (chieftains for power/frenzy charges).

Currently playing around with a Victario's for lots of auras.

I'm also using the Baron's and am strength stacking a bit.

The only problem i have with the build is when the spiders drop. There's no timer for them so it's hard to tell when it's going to happen, and when it does, it's usually bad times.

The up side is you can get way farther with less money compared to the main zombie build.
"
ravenor123 wrote:
Amex build bro , can do all the content of the game , check mine
https://es.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ravenor123/characters

Your character profile is private

"
Tkalius wrote:

I use United in Dream for the offhand to give the spiders 100% to poison on hit, paired with Withering Touch, Despair, and Temporal Chains to increase the chaos damage.

From the 3.5 Patch Notes
  • The Raised Spiders now have 100% more Movement Speed, a longer attack range, a base duration of 30 seconds, deal 33% more Damage and always apply Poison on Hit.
Last edited by FoldedCorner on Feb 17, 2020, 2:51:51 AM
sorry , check now
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/ravenor123/characters
"
skyscan wrote:

"
Tkalius wrote:

From the 3.5 Patch Notes
  • The Raised Spiders now have 100% more Movement Speed, a longer attack range, a base duration of 30 seconds, deal 33% more Damage and always apply Poison on Hit.

Good catch.

Also does anyone know what the base damage of a spider is?
Last edited by Tkalius on Feb 17, 2020, 7:24:08 PM
So yesterday i bored from playing coc ice nova so i wanted to play a necromancer build because i never played one in the past and i saw your build and i interested so i finished build like maybe 3-4 ex or sum

even my gems are low level dps is actually nice i really liked it but only problem that i have summoning spiders when i cast desecrate and pop my flask my minions just kill the worms and spiders wont respawn they respawn very often which is big problem for me when i fight with strong bosses and also are my gems right ?
I tried a build that merged fang and a level 31 herald of agony (using 1 cold iron/coming calamity/empower). It's amazing. It also gets around a lot of the weaknesses of the build, since i can just cyclone and press the pot when i need spiders and it instantly kills them, but you're not completely reliant on the spiders for your damage if they are not up, but they do buff your attack speed by 40% which synergizes with herald. It just feels a lot smoother to play.

the spiders with withering touch support buff the single target damage of the spiders/crawler and your crawler takes care of your aoe so you don't need melee splash on the spiders when mapping.

It does increase the build's cost a lot so it's an upgrade option after you've made enough money from the base spider build.
Last edited by Tkalius on Feb 18, 2020, 8:40:17 PM
"
rockazombies wrote:
So yesterday i bored from playing coc ice nova so i wanted to play a necromancer build because i never played one in the past and i saw your build and i interested so i finished build like maybe 3-4 ex or sum

even my gems are low level dps is actually nice i really liked it but only problem that i have summoning spiders when i cast desecrate and pop my flask my minions just kill the worms and spiders wont respawn they respawn very often which is big problem for me when i fight with strong bosses and also are my gems right ?

The easiest way I've found to summon spiders is to use divine ire (a method suggested by someone in this or another thread). At max gem level, you shouldn't have to charge it very long to be able to kill the worms before your minions can (use the flask while channeling).
Last edited by gduber on Feb 18, 2020, 8:49:37 PM
"
Tkalius wrote:
I tried a build that merged fang and a level 31 herald of agony (using 1 cold iron/coming calamity/empower). It's amazing. It also gets around a lot of the weaknesses of the build, since i can just cyclone and press the pot when i need spiders and it instantly kills them, but you're not completely reliant on the spiders for your damage if they are not up, but they do buff your attack speed by 40% which synergizes with herald. It just feels a lot smoother to play.

the spiders with withering touch support buff the single target damage of the spiders/crawler and your crawler takes care of your aoe so you don't need melee splash on the spiders when mapping.

It does increase the build's cost a lot so it's an upgrade option after you've made enough money from the base spider build.

Yeah, the templar version with HoA is very strong, but that's more centered around HoA with Fang as a clear-speed option. Worth trying if you have 20ex or so and want a very powerful build both defensively and offensively. I mentioned it somewhere in the guide
Tried a cheaper/more defensive alternative to HoA as another potential build upgrade when you get more currency, for funsies.

Basically you 6 link a carrion/zombie (i went impale route), with some of the golem gems (I went with buff to attack speed/golem buff to further boost flat damage of spiders), and use barons +1000 strength with zombies to give you life leech, and using a United In Dreams to give zombies and carrion poison on hit which also gives them 5% life leech which makes them and your specters way tankier, not to mention i'm buffing chaos damage with withering/ my curse on hit so it's actually quite a bit of dps increase for them.

This gives you 4 carrion golems, which get fully buffed from the get go, and between them and the zombies with poison damage, they actually generate spiders fine when mapping. Carrions and zombies have quite a bit of aoe too, so you can remove melee splash from spiders letting them become your boss killers if you're lazy like me and don't like switching out gems.

You can fit in an animated guardian for the fort/buffs, but the optimal setup is like 20+ ex, which is multiple times the cost of the build itself for minimal boost.

But it'll increase your overall clear speed and makes it so you only ever have to summon spiders through jar in boss fights, which is way easier cause your pets will all be on the mob so it's way harder for them to snipe your worms. Not to mention the life leech from the zombies is actually pretty nice if you stack life with shaper's touch gloves and are using spirit offering.
Last edited by Tkalius on Feb 23, 2020, 9:32:29 PM
I have a lv82 witch char that I can respec as spider build. Can't wait to try it in 3.9 :)

I have zero budget but I think I can sell few stuff to get basic gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info