[3.5] Cospri's CoC Discharge Ascendant

Note: Post all your questions in this thread. Make sure your profile is PUBLIC before asking for help so your character is visible. Please check out previous responses in the thread if you can, chances are I've answered them already.

Hi, this my fifth build guide.

I do not claim my guide to be original or the best or even this build to be super efficient. I write guides mostly because I'm fond of my characters and I'd like to share them. (and cause I want to kill time)

Pros:
Fast map clearer.
Decent, but flask reliant single target.
Slayer leech.

Cons:
Expensive to reach the crit cap and shaper worthy single target damage.
Cyclone feels like shit to boss with.

Introduction
Spoiler

There are MANY ways to play cast on crit at the moment, with different spells (frostbolt, ice nova, arc) and weapon and ascendancy choices.

High base crit daggers with crafted 'Hits can't be evaded' and spell damage mods make it so that you don't even need Lycosidae or Assassin, and you can go for any ascendancy. (But we lose the additional proc from Cospri's if we use daggers instead)

I just wanted to play the old cast on crit discharge with Cospri's and not crafted daggers, and I didn't really find any guides for ascendant that I liked so here we are.

This build focuses on Cospri's Malice and Cast on Crit Discharge:

It has flat cold damage to attacks (which procs EE) and triggers a socketed cold spell on melee crit. Discharge is a cold gem.

We use one discharge gem in the weapon and one in our chest linked with Cast on Crit support-Cyclone, to trigger two discharges simultaneously on every crit with cyclone. The rest of the support gems are used to buff discharge damage and buff cyclone crit chance. We use shield charge to clear mostly.

Note: Keep in mind that can you play this as an assassin too (which arguably will be better). The weapon let's us do two discharges at once, but has shit base crit, so assassin is normally the way to go since it helps you reach 95% crit cap easier. I wanted more hp and slayer leech so I went scion and sacrificed damage for it.

PoB

Levelling
Spoiler

I levelled this as a tectonic slam char tbh, so idk what skill would be best. Arc is never a bad choice.

38 points

63 points

95 points (After getting path of the shadow - Uber Lab)

121 points

Final Tree

Bandits
Spoiler

Alira

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Shadow > Slayer > Path of the Shadow

Inquisitor or Pathfinder would be good too instead of slayer. I just like the overleech.

Pantheon
Spoiler

Araakali and Ralakesh.

Playstyle
Spoiler

Once you get enough crit and damage, for most maps, just aim your shield charge into packs and spam flasks and it will clear on its own. You only need to cyclone against beefy enemies in high tier maps or bosses. Keep your diamond flask up, flask management is important!

Elemental Equilibrium
Spoiler

Okay, I'll try to explain this the best I can.

Hitting an enemy with an element while having EE gives the enemy +25% res of that element and -50% to other elements.

Meaning, when we shield charge or cyclone over an enemy, we hit it with cold damage, giving it +25% cold res and -50% fire and lightning res. Once we crit, we discharge (mostly fire and lightning dmg), giving us a damage boost against the weakened enemy. We do deal less cold damage from the frenzy discharges but that's minor damage loss since most of our damage is fire and lightning.

Once discharge hits, it gains resistances to fire and lightning (and maybe even cold, if we discharge frenzies), but hitting it again with cyclone/shield charge resets the debuffs weakening it to fire and lightning as before.

Since, discharge HAS to be procced by an melee crit, technically, the enemy for all effective purposes always has -50% fire and lightning res.

Which also makes it very important to NOT have any added fire or lightning damage to attacks from any source.

Current Gear
Spoiler

Jewels:

Gear slot analysis:
Spoiler

Weapon:
Spoiler

Core Item. Look for the highest attack speed.

Budget option: None. Core item.

Helmet:
Spoiler

Aspect of the cat helps a lot with crit.

BIS - 30% chance for discharge to deal damage without removing charges.

Budget option: Regular Farrul's Bite/Starkonja's.

Chest:
Spoiler

Core Item. Generates one power charge for EACH enemy hit by a crit.

Budget option: None. Core Item.

Gloves:
Spoiler

You don't need the 16% more insanity suffix, just feels better. Any base is fine, fingerless silk gloves would be ideal.

Boots:
Spoiler

Help us stay topped on power charges. Has life, movement speed. BiS.

BIS - 16% increased Attack and Cast if you've killed recently.

Budget option: Anything with life, res, movement speed.

Amulet:
Spoiler

Absolutely BiS. Maintains endurance charges.

Budget option: Anything with life, res, multi, crit, dex.

Belt:
Spoiler

Look for the delve % elemental damage suffix, after you cap your resists and get life.

Rings:
Spoiler

Life, resists, dex.

Ideally we want just the single Warlord's mark on hit on a diamond base, then multimod:

Suffix:
-> % to Critical Strike Multiplier if you've Shattered an Enemy Recently %
increased Global Critical Strike Chance (combo mod from jun)
Prefix:
-> Life
-> Increased Damage
-> -9 to Total Mana Cost of Skills

Budget option: Anything with life, res, dex (with Blasphemy Warlord's mark setup) or any warlord's mark ring with crafted life.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Swap the stibnite for a Chemist's Silver Flask of Heat for bosses. Use a warding flask for mapping if a map has curses.

Note: Triple balancing wise oak is HUGE. Keep that in mind when buying resist gear. Atleast try to get fire and lightning res as the highest together.

Jewels:
Spoiler

Also, Unnatural Instinct if you can get one. Really good with the scion cluster.

Gem Links
Spoiler

You want 21/20 discharge and 21/20 increased crit gems.

Weapon:

Swap for bosses.

Offhand:

Chest:

Gloves:

Helmet:

Boots:

Videos:
Spoiler

I didn't have CDWT IC in these videos, so survivability should be a bit better than showcased, given arakaali and blood rage interaction.

Shaped Underground Sea
Carcass
Delve 245
Hydra
Minotaur

Changelog:
Spoiler

Added guide?
Added EE and playstyle readme.
Minor Pob change.
Added more videos.
Changed pros and cons and introduction section.

Other guides:
[3.5] Death's Oath CI Occultist - view-thread/2115725
[3.5] Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone Berserker - view-thread/2251990
[3.5] Molten Strike Chieftain - view-thread/2252035
[3.5] Starforge Cyclone Slayer - view-thread/2254574
[3.5] Cospri's CoC Discharge Ascendant - view-thread/2302730
Last edited by fatfat664 on Jan 20, 2019, 12:50:55 AM
Last bumped on Jan 20, 2019, 12:50:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info