[3.5] Shattering Steel pure physical/Blood Magic Deadeye | Uber Elder/Uber Atziri/Shaper.

Grelwood lets you save 2 points but you need to remember that if you are standing still you have Iron Reflexes, so all your evasion is converted to armour, and with Acrobatics taken you have it 50% less, also you need to get hit to gain additional projectiles so on bossess you probably do, but if you speed through map you won't always have it. Lastly it's much more expensive than Beltimber :)

All that said, you are free to play it anyway you want. GL HF Exile.
Added Uber Elder kill, more skilled player could have done it deathless. :)
Thanks for the build, it looks great! Any thoughts on lancing steel? How much worse will it be if I replace shattering steel with it?
Honestly? I have no idea, none at all. I liked shattering steel so much that i didnt even try Lancing at all. I havent socketed this gem on any on my characters even to just see the animation, so it could be worse or it could be better, i have no idea :D I might check it next time i'll be in game.
Thanks for the answer anyway! I started this build and I love it so far.
94lvl here and i love this bild!
Great job!
Great build, I'm loving it so far. I haven't tested it in rippy T16s yet, I'm waiting for my gems to level up and looking for a helmet replacement (I don't have the cool 9% more damage mod and the enchant). But so far in <T15 red maps and 200-ish depth Delves it's doing absolutely fantastic!

I ended up going with Whirling Blades + supplementary Charged Dash instead of Leap Slam and gave totem DPS supports, but that and my gear being a bit worse is pretty much all the difference. Oh, and I gave up one jewel slot and two life nodes to meet intelligence requirements, but that's temporary. Character name's Wygwizdka if anyone wants to look it up.

I'm really surprised that the build clears so well with so little damage per projectile, it's almost on par with my Frost Blades Raider that has triple avg dmg (at least according to PoB), double attack speed, the same amount of projectiles and 2x chain + much greater range on top of all of that.
Anybody still playing this build? I just picked it up the other day and currently only level 70 but loving the play style.

What are the areas of discussion for the build? Seems like there's some disagreement on Powerful Precision and how it interacts with Fork Support.

What about Chance to Bleed Support? Is it used for the flat damage or to buff Haemophilias?

What kind of DPS increase does Iron Grip provide?
The truth is noone knows if the fork interaction is intended, I personally think it's not so decided to go with pierce.

As for Chance to Bleed, it's mostly for flat phys it provides, in my setup it's one of the best supports.

Since I went for Blood Magic and Iron Grip was on the way I picked it (~9% dps in my setup) but picking it depends on your tree. If you have different tree you need to check in Path of Building if it's worth picking up.
Last edited by Noskill on Jan 20, 2019, 8:01:19 AM
I was looking for something off meta and this looks very fun, really want to try it out so thanks for the guide!

One quick question: Would Assassin's Mark on Hit from a ring not benefit this quite a bit? Or is there something I am missing that won't make it work?

Might be worth to try to get a +1 curse body armor or amulet for that (?).

Oh and a 2nd question: Have you seen the recent interactions with Fork support and have you tried it? I don't really understand how the fork/pierce stuff works, but I'll ditch it for now.

Just leveled the character up to 70, got some lucky craftings (helmet, boot), bought a cheap chest and 6linked it in 35 fusings (guess this toon is blessed by RNG or something). The build is SUPER fun, once again thanks for this build, I'll try to pimp this one out a lot.
Last edited by XenoPOE on Jan 23, 2019, 1:59:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info