[3.5] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Truly Excessive CWDT

"
nAn0Teh wrote:
...Can someone help me with the gear pls??? its the second time i ask for help and don't know if i doing well or i need change something. Ty

You've ignored large parts of the build and done whatever you want instead. You're not using the Whispering Ice staff at all. You're not using Increased Duration at all. You're using Blade Fall, Glacial Cascade and Ice Nova. I stopped looking after I saw all of this. This guide is very, very simple. If you're going to ignore it and do whatever you like instead, you cannot then post impatiently asking us to help you.
Double thank you!

Played sooo much delve that i was having a hard time to find a build that make my gaming experience fun again.

Second, iam having soooooo much fun seeing this ppl changing the core mechanic and saying the build is bullshit. Quinn today was hilarious.

Iam running a pathfinder just cause i realized how important flasks are to this build and how much damage you can increase with flask effectivness. The new flask is a +10% more multi to your damage (15% in my case) and the 15% damage gained as health allow you to switch one of your ngaakdhasjkdahsdjasdmush sign (i don't know how to write his f*** name)

With a few changes to the build and a Watcher's eye jewel with the damage gained as mana mod you can basically fuel indigon with no problem AT ALL, which allows you to replace blade vortex for any spell that ignites more than 7 times per second.

Iam trying to figure out any way to move maintaining the indigon stacks and casting firestorm. my best bet would be charged dash CWC firestrom in the chest and replace the glove slot for something with more defenses.

For anyone struggling with this build i have a few tips for you

1- capping fire res is absolutly important. simplyfing the math, you take 100 fire damage everytime you ignite an enemy, which is reduced by your fire resist. Capped, you would take 25 fire damage per ignite.

2- And because of that, the rolls on ring are actually important. if you get perfect rolled rings, you would heal for 33 damage per ignite. But if you get a bad rolled ring the heal would drop to 13 per ignite.

3- use blade vortex as your main spell if you are struggling with clearing stuff.

4- Obliteration wands are important to the clear speed! Iam running CWDT Arc and Storm brand (all lvl 20) and in the other wand CWDT (lvl 1) Ball of lightining (lvl 5) and spark (lvl 11). I only pop potions and run around. everything dies. BV elementalist is dead.

5- Trust me on this one, pathfinder is way better than elementalist.

Sorry if i misspelled something, not native and on mobile!

anyways, thank you again and good luck booooys!
"
Eatsblood wrote:
"
nAn0Teh wrote:
...Can someone help me with the gear pls??? its the second time i ask for help and don't know if i doing well or i need change something. Ty

You've ignored large parts of the build and done whatever you want instead. You're not using the Whispering Ice staff at all. You're not using Increased Duration at all. You're using Blade Fall, Glacial Cascade and Ice Nova. I stopped looking after I saw all of this. This guide is very, very simple. If you're going to ignore it and do whatever you like instead, you cannot then post impatiently asking us to help you.

First of all I do this changes to the build because it's usseles vs izaro and boss without vaal charge, yes the clear speed is nice but if u dont have charges vs the boss it's gg.

Changing the staff and ussing more CWDT setups increase the damage more than Wispering Ice can do. And if u use herald of agony intead of vaal molten shell u don't need to worry for the charges and can do all content without any problem..
if u dont believe me only watch the top players build's and u dont see this shit setup anywhere ;)
"
nAn0Teh wrote:
First of all I do this changes to the build because it's usseles vs izaro and boss without vaal charge, yes the clear speed is nice but if u dont have charges vs the boss it's gg.

Changing the staff and ussing more CWDT setups increase the damage more than Wispering Ice can do. And if u use herald of agony intead of vaal molten shell u don't need to worry for the charges and can do all content without any problem..
if u dont believe me only watch the top players build's and u dont see this shit setup anywhere ;)

Then you're no longer using the build this thread is about. So no one here can help you with it. Go ask the top players for help. Or, since you invented this new build, because you're better at builds than the OP, you should be able to answer all these questions without help. I encourage you to post your own thread with this build you've come up with, and have the relevant conversation there.

Also, it's a meme build. Come on, man.

"
brupedroso wrote:
With a few changes to the build and a Watcher's eye jewel with the damage gained as mana mod you can basically fuel indigon with no problem AT ALL, which allows you to replace blade vortex for any spell that ignites more than 7 times per second.

2- And because of that, the rolls on ring are actually important. if you get perfect rolled rings, you would heal for 33 damage per ignite. But if you get a bad rolled ring the heal would drop to 13 per ignite.

4- Obliteration wands are important to the clear speed! Iam running CWDT Arc and Storm brand (all lvl 20) and in the other wand CWDT (lvl 1) Ball of lightining (lvl 5) and spark (lvl 11). I only pop potions and run around. everything dies. BV elementalist is dead.

5- Trust me on this one, pathfinder is way better than elementalist.

I believe Blade Vortex was about clearing packs to prevent lag. If you don't have Vaal Molten Shell up, this is pretty important.

I grabbed two +30 rings the second I saw this build, I knew that would be the most important bit. Glad other people saw it. I think a lot of the gear is pretty important and people are trying to go cheap and are then complaining it doesn't work as advertised. If you don't have +30 rings, you're not going to have a good time. If you aren't getting the +200 chest with the six socket with correct colors to run the Enfeeble, you're not gonna have a good time. I know they cost more, but they matter.

The wand swap is what I hit when I start to lag. Clears everything out for me and I swap back. If people are having lag problems, see if that method helps out.

I'm curious about the pathfinder thing. You're losing ignite proliferation, 15% damage penetration, and reduced mana reservation. Uncertain if the swap is justified or not.
Last edited by Eatsblood on Jan 7, 2019, 5:52:28 PM
How are you guys doing Uber lab btw?
Last edited by Eatsblood on Jan 7, 2019, 8:08:05 PM
Read through 8 pages I don't see any responses or answers to my first question...

Basically "how is this build even close to viable in current content with 4600 hp?"

I've got a LL 4x poets pen, shavs, decked out arc warp character with 8k ES and I get 1 shot by Synd all the time.

I've got a CI, Herald of Agony (level 28) with 12k es getting 1-shot rarely but getting gibbed for huge chunks of life often.

How the heck is this build with 4600 hp even remotely viable or able to complete any content in the T13+ range? If Synd catches you you're dead in 1 hit and if most T13 bosses hit you, you're dead as well.

I'm not saying this build doesn't work, but I'm not understanding HOW it can possible work with such low HP?
IGN: SoulCinder
"
PerfectXtreme wrote:
Read through 8 pages I don't see any responses or answers to my first question...

Basically "how is this build even close to viable in current content with 4600 hp?"

I've got a LL 4x poets pen, shavs, decked out arc warp character with 8k ES and I get 1 shot by Synd all the time.

I've got a CI, Herald of Agony (level 28) with 12k es getting 1-shot rarely but getting gibbed for huge chunks of life often.

How the heck is this build with 4600 hp even remotely viable or able to complete any content in the T13+ range? If Synd catches you you're dead in 1 hit and if most T13 bosses hit you, you're dead as well.

I'm not saying this build doesn't work, but I'm not understanding HOW it can possible work with such low HP?

It's not. It doesn't work at all. You die all the time. You just have to spend a lot of money and get fairly high level to realize this guy lied to you.
well... first of all...
build ideas like that are what PoE is all about...
and why all should immediately quit Diablo and come over to PoE ;)

now to my ideas about this build..or more my concerns...

cap resistances seems to be very hard!? I can´t see much resistances when I look at the gear....but damn -50 fire res from the chest...
so how to cap res best way? I see using jewels for that is an option, but it can´t be all!? Belt for example NO RES!?

next thing of course is the "one hit instant dead problem".
So 4,6 k life at lvl 85+ ? How can that be viable for endgame? Even if enfeeble runs?! Do we just have to deal with many deaths if we want to play and ENJOY this build?

Maybe the build creator can answer pls or someone who already reached lvl 80+ and endgame with this build, wearing a similar set of gear to compare everything with real experiences following the build guide, TY TY :)

and please not just hate like "build creater lies" ... TY again :)
Last edited by TonyStark81 on Jan 8, 2019, 1:34:02 PM
"
Eatsblood wrote:
How are you guys doing Uber lab btw?

Pretty bad with the low health...
I'm at 5400 health, 6500 with dark shrine buff. Had a couple of trys now, Izaro (especially third phase) keeps on one-shotting me :(

I tried some different setups with different gems (more like the Juggernaut VMS build) but same result. It really seems nearly impossible to me...

When there are enough enemies to ignite youre really nearly immortal, and VMS is great to kill bosses, but Uber lab is really bad :(

(Oh jeah, and quite funny how you say nanoteh is not following the build, even though he tries to find an answer to the question you just asked...)
Last edited by einsz on Jan 8, 2019, 2:33:25 PM
"
einsz wrote:
(Oh jeah, and quite funny how you say nanoteh is not following the build, even though he tries to find an answer to the question you just asked...)

My problem with that guy is his "I've asked twice now for help" post where he simply says he needs help with gear. It's demanding, entitled, and doesn't state his real problem. So I feel bad and actually look at his gear, and he's ignored the build. Had his post been "I'm having trouble with Uber Lab and am trying other options, what has your experience been" he'd have gotten a different response. But when you demand people's time only to waste that time, and then be rude in response to their comments, you can leave. The reality is he's having the same problem many of us are, but the fact that it took him four posts to actually say it is an issue.

As far as not getting one shot on Uber Lab, I'm wondering if flasks will do it. At least until you build up Vaal RF from killing adds. Extra armor, extra dodge, stibnite, jade, something. It's the only part of the build you can really tweak without breaking things. Or maybe something like Aspect of the Spider.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info