Conversion trap

When using a conversion trap against dual totems in PvP, the caster is still able to instantly create a new totem, ignoring the trap duration. I believe this could be intended, but perhaps you could rethink of the mechanic behind it.

Update: Just tested, and conversion trap works on people on PvP. That is, you lay a trap on an enemy and he is not able to damage you any more, for the number of seconds the trap works or until destroyed. I am not sure if this is intended.
Last edited by aryosgr on Mar 7, 2013, 3:30:34 PM
LOL, I'm going to have to try that. :D
I have to agree its pretty annoying when you converstion trap and your effort is 100% wasted by the totem caster who immediately recasts it. Even if your fast as throwing the traps your still taking damage and doing nothing to the caster.
Standard Forever
"
aryosgr wrote:
Update: Just tested, and conversion trap works on people on PvP. That is, you lay a trap on an enemy and he is not able to damage you any more, for the number of seconds the trap works or until destroyed. I am not sure if this is intended.
It certainly is. The trap says it converts things, and says nothing about excluding players.
Note that minions, totems and traps are always on the same team as their master, so converting the player converts those as well.
That's good info to know. :)
Suggestions
>Alt 'Entrance' & 'Quest NPC'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/subtledoorANDquest.png
>Alt 'Character Panel'|http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26332090/Stats.png
so how about the necromancers in pve would it then stand to reason that if I convert a necro I also convert all his summons?? or does he just work like a spectre and throw curses??

I play totem witch and the worst timing for an enemy to convert a totem is when im chilled and/or tempchained.

A witch can cast between 3-5 totems in a row before mana is empty and she need to rely on regen thus being unable to spam them, so maybe try bring 2 conversion gems.. worth a try.
Sugarpuff level 86 witch default laugue
If I convert a player, can I still hurt them with my spells or can I not do damage to my "allies"
yeah conversion trap is OP in pvp if you have an ES character, if your a melee character its even worse because they can just lay one on the ground when your chasing them down and if you hit it, it pretty much guarantees a full heal on there part. imo i think it should be changed so that it wont work on the player, but it can still work on everything else.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Apr 1, 2013, 4:05:46 AM
I've seen players abusing this skill in PvP. They just throw a bunch of these down and you cannot do any damage to them. IMO, this skill should be disabled in PVP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info