[3.11] STEEL EMBRACE Pure physical [Shattering Steel Champion] Budget Friendly

https://imgur.com/ZGzCAlt

So, the week (s) before Synthesis I was interested in playing shattering steel (and I still am) and asked this to Rory, since at that time I was looking into what made Paradoxica's builds strong and it wouldn't be nerfed unless they fixed the fork bug. I got a response and played something else before leaving synthesis. Despite not seeing any actual tests neither testing it myself, I hear a lot of people saying they feel that Fork still works like it did in Betrayal so I have no idea what's the current situation. Just posting this because this change didn't get into any patch I have seen
Last edited by DarkenLord on Jun 5, 2019, 4:06:14 PM
"
DarkenLord wrote:
https://imgur.com/ZGzCAlt

So, the week (s) before Synthesis I was interested in playing shattering steel (and I still am) and asked this to Rory, since at that time I was looking into what made Paradoxica's builds strong and it wouldn't be nerfed unless they fixed the fork bug. I got a response and played something else before leaving synthesis. Despite not seeing any actual tests neither testing it myself, I hear a lot of people saying they feel that Fork still works like it did in Betrayal so I have no idea what's the current situation. Just posting this because this change didn't get into any patch I have seen

i never took my synthsis ss char to tier 16s but id imagine it's about the same. In any case with the new tree (impale effect/chance) + SS gem buff/nerf id say it could do almost 50% more damage than before so it should still play well

I never got the chance to try out a good Paradoxica but they should be good gg gear option. I personally think a beltimber + gelwood is better because it allows you to drop passive points
The "Late Game Recommended" build tree is at 120 points(it's over 120 but I suppose that's in order to fit in the jewel to reflect gem changes). It needs to be around 110 to be a useful tree.

It doesn't look like you can max resists with the gear in the pastebin, either.
Last edited by Frugality on Jun 6, 2019, 6:02:50 PM
"
Frugality wrote:
The "Late Game Recommended" build tree is at 120 points(it's over 120 but I suppose that's in order to fit in the jewel to reflect gem changes). It needs to be around 110 to be a useful tree.

It doesn't look like you can max resists with the gear in the pastebin, either.

I can take another look the gear was from my betrayal league SirPokesMcGee so it should have been balanced but the new tree changes things.

gearing is typically what you can find to make it work. with my character i was using more resist passive nodes to use kaoms roots for uber elder/not be frozen the items are mostly suggestions as they were what i was currently using

i've updated the tree with a new level 90 and level 100 tree

I was playing shattering steel as a side character in last two leagues. Scion Slayer/elementalist in Betrayal, and HoI cold Trickster in Synthesis. And I can confirm that fork interaction have been changed between the two leagues, but not entirely removed.

I'm not 100% sure, but what I noticed is:

* Old version was like: Hit first target and all targets behind it with all projectiles/forked projectiles.

* New version is: Hit first target with projectiles, hit next targets with all forked projectiles. And if they are close enough, hit them with initial projectiles as well.

* New version also: If projectiles hit terrain/obstacle close to enemy, the enemy get hit by all projectiles and forked projectiles if it's close enough.

Now let's just assume they removed fork interaction entirely, we still get huge buff from new Impale support, and new Impale nodes in tree.

Also: leap Slam now 100% chance to stun at enemy full health. So we can use it with "Endurance charge on melee stun" support for free endurance charges even against bosses.

I might probably play this as league starter in Legion.
Do you think guys It's gonna be even better this league? Cause im thinking about my league starter for today and im not sure if it's right choice as a good starter.
"
BlackFlage wrote:
Do you think guys It's gonna be even better this league? Cause im thinking about my league starter for today and im not sure if it's right choice as a good starter.

I dont think it was bad before. I was able to kill uber elder with it and it just got a bunch of buffs. not only that but with the new molten shell you can just face tank bosses while you shotgun them to death
altough the immortal call change makes soul arikali proccing much harder to achieve

I dont think the price of beltimbers will change too much this league because theyre "projectile weapons" so melee users wont really be using them
"
givemelight wrote:
I was playing shattering steel as a side character in last two leagues. Scion Slayer/elementalist in Betrayal, and HoI cold Trickster in Synthesis. And I can confirm that fork interaction have been changed between the two leagues, but not entirely removed.

I'm not 100% sure, but what I noticed is:

* Old version was like: Hit first target and all targets behind it with all projectiles/forked projectiles.

* New version is: Hit first target with projectiles, hit next targets with all forked projectiles. And if they are close enough, hit them with initial projectiles as well.

* New version also: If projectiles hit terrain/obstacle close to enemy, the enemy get hit by all projectiles and forked projectiles if it's close enough.

Now let's just assume they removed fork interaction entirely, we still get huge buff from new Impale support, and new Impale nodes in tree.

Also: leap Slam now 100% chance to stun at enemy full health. So we can use it with "Endurance charge on melee stun" support for free endurance charges even against bosses.

I might probably play this as league starter in Legion.

Also projectiles traveling through doors will be a lot better. In betrayal league fortifications were a pain because projectiles would clip the door all the time

impale support is a pretty big damage I dropped slower projectiles for impale support. Impale is more valuable than regular damage because it cannot be reduced it is pre mitigation damage.

i dont know because you still need a way to apply fortify with leapslam being the easiest. You could drop faster attacks but for 3 endurance charges doesnt quite seem worth it. As the champ you get plenty of residual armour so molten shell will be a pretty effective EHP boost

with 50000 armour you get 10k absorb so something would have to hit you for 20k to do 5k hp damage
for reference shaper slam is 17067 damage
Last edited by PeteTheLich on Jun 7, 2019, 7:43:01 AM
Im currently using this build as my league starter and am wondering about your thoughts on some of the new auras and such that have been introduced for physical damage. Im still fairly early on in levelling due to work, but so far the build is feeling pretty good, thanks for the work youve put in to it!
"
punkephant wrote:
Im currently using this build as my league starter and am wondering about your thoughts on some of the new auras and such that have been introduced for physical damage. Im still fairly early on in levelling due to work, but so far the build is feeling pretty good, thanks for the work youve put in to it!

some of the new auras are fantastic namely Pride likely being the best one

Blood and sand does nothing
Flesh and stone can be nice for the maim but 25% mana reserved is pretty steep
precision kind of a waste since taunted enemies have 100% chance to hit

Since PoB didnt have the gems in yet I didnt fully update to 3.7 but ill probably be updating the guide again today

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info