[3.5] Suck's First Level 100 Winter Orb Elementalist Guide! (BSC) Uber Elder/Atziri

"
Lyxara wrote:
I got a private message regarding leveling up, I wanna share this in here, might be useful for more people.

Spoiler

My plan is to level with explosive trap from level 2 on (after Hillock, you can buy it from Nessa) until level 12.

From level 12 on I'll go with Storm Brand and Blade Vortex, for bosses. At 16 in Act 2 you get Brand Recall after you went into chamber of sins + 1 Herald of your choice, choose herald of ice.

Support Gems will be whatever you prefer to start out with, mostly added cold/lightning support, controlled destruction for BV.

That combo brings me to lvl 28 without any issues, and from 28 on I switch to Winter orb right away.

Links: Winter orb, LMP = lesser multiple proj, + infused channeling support,
Mana Cost from Worb is low, so it's possible to run 2 heralds already

31 is hypothermia and cold pen, lvl 38 switch out LMP to GMP

since storm barrier support is changed into infused channeling support, it should be available at level 4, atleast I can't find any other info on this.

Sounds very sensible!
An alternative (and what I'll use) would be:
Blight & contagion at the start.
Ed/contagion at level 12
+/- bane at 24

"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
markuskanada wrote:
"
blingi wrote:
"
markuskanada wrote:
what do you guys think about replacing inpulsas and useing one of those mods "enemies killed explode dealing 5% of their max life as fire damage" ?
i can see this one in many other builds...

I used this in betrayal and it's definitely worth.
Dual wielded with one weapon that has this affix so I could use queen of the forest as my chest piece for better movementspeed and mapclear.

thats was i was thinking. QotF... phase run... and i also use devotos in my version. will be insane for mapping. maybe even too fast, i will see. I also feel its safer because its so easy to just circle around and dodge anything.

With phase run + enhance, qotf, quicksilver, rampage, onslaught and headhunter I was going through screen faster than I could even realize what's going on.
Definitely gonna build this again this league for mapping and delving.
Last edited by blingi on Mar 7, 2019, 11:02:53 AM
"
qwertz wrote:
"
Lyxara wrote:
I got a private message regarding leveling up, I wanna share this in here, might be useful for more people.

Spoiler

My plan is to level with explosive trap level 2 on (after Hillock, you can buy it Nessa) until level 12.

level 12 on I'll go with Storm Brand and Blade Vortex, for bosses. At 16 in Act 2 you get Brand Recall after you went into chamber of sins + 1 Herald of your choice, choose herald of ice.

Support Gems will be whatever you prefer to start out with, mostly added cold/lightning support, controlled destruction for BV.

That combo brings me to lvl 28 without any issues, and 28 on I switch to Winter orb right away.

Links: Winter orb, LMP = lesser multiple proj, + infused channeling support,
Mana Cost Worb is low, so it's possible to run 2 heralds already

31 is hypothermia and cold pen, lvl 38 switch out LMP to GMP

since storm barrier support is changed into infused channeling support, it should be available at level 4, atleast I can't find any other info on this.

Sounds very sensible!
An alternative (and what I'll use) would be:
Blight & contagion at the start.
Ed/contagion at level 12
+/- bane at 24

wow so many leveling tips, thanks.
I thought I start with frostbolt and ice nova...
The guide says
"
Not Nooby friendly(due to a bit of hidden mechanics)
. How significant is this? I couldn't find an explanation of the hidden mechanics.
"
0sync0 wrote:
The guide says
"
Not Nooby friendlye to a bit of hidden mechanics)
. How significant is this? I couldn't find an explanation of hidden mechanics.

dont worry. im still kinda a new player and tried this out for the first time a few weeks ago, no problems at all. dont worry too much about some "hidden mechanics", whatever that is supposed to mean.

its pretty straight forward.

channel skill, run around and kill, drop some flasks and kill, channel, run and kill etc etc.... and with the time you will get better at playing this skill anyways. in my opinion, especially if you compare this one to other builds, its really simple and straight forward.

with "hidden mechanics", I believe they talk about the shotgun effect and overlapping explosions, as it will stack damage. but as i said, you will be fine, dont worry. its very simple and a lot of fun.
Switched some things up:

2 Heralds linked to empower + Enhance

overall pass of the tree, smoothed out some stuff that was written before but wanted to give an update and what I think will be, atleast my, final tree to start with.

https://pastebin.com/NmZADXCB
keep in mind Controlled Destruction is swapped out for Infused Channeling Support

As said earlier, some pages ago when going higher then lvl 94 - Alchemist, Frost Walker + Scion life Wheel are the choices I would make.
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
Last edited by Lyxara on Mar 7, 2019, 1:43:25 PM
Hi all,i have a question as a newbie.

Would it make sense to use "CWC" and "Ice Spear" for more single target damage?

Maybe...

Winter Orb - Cast While Channeling - Ice Spear - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Hypothermia or Cold Penetration - Infused Channeling Support

and

Why do you invest so many points in the skill tree to pick up "Divine Judgement" and not try to reach DMG notes on the way to "Heart of Ice"?
Last edited by Vadriel_73 on Mar 7, 2019, 2:24:24 PM
"
Vadriel_73 wrote:
Hi all,i have a question as a newbie.

Would it make sense to use "CWC" and "Ice Spear" for more single target damage?

Maybe...

Winter Orb - Cast While Channeling - Ice Spear - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Hypothermia or Cold Penetration - Infused Channeling Support

and

Why do you invest so many points in the skill tree to pick up "Divine Judgement" and not try to reach DMG notes on the way to "Heart of Ice"?

Worb + Ice Spear is possible, yes - EE has a guide on that on an inquisitor, which can be done on elementalist as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_YrtKRi3c

on the way to divine judgement there is a bunch of life + a 2-point jewel node is also right there, which is a huge point in terms of damage.

You can switch up the skilltree as you see it fit, if you wanna go Heart of Ice why not. It's more dps output with less point investment, but you miss out a jewel slot ;)
IGN: FluffyMetamorph
So with the new league due out is WO still gonna be a good skill to play?
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
"
Romulas19 wrote:
So with new league due out is WO still gonna be a good skill to play?

Yes!

The skill just got a small nerf of around 10%.
It was and still is a very strong skill.
Dont worry about the nerf at all.

I think with the time we will realize that WO even got stronger with all other new additions that come with 3.6

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info