[3.5-3.12 + 3,18 HC] Pure Herald of Agony Jugg. All content. Videos+Link to 3.14 & 3.15 Updates

If you feel like following along the experiment, I am seeing if I can effectively replace gluttony with a doedre's flask and generosity-war banner.

This will give up cull, the extra accuracy granted by poacher's mark, one utility flask slot, and between 34 life gain per hit when the curse would have been fully effective and 7 life gain per hit against shaper/guardians/etc. It also requires dropping vaal grace.

In exchange, we keep the armour, get an ordinary belt, and keep charges up via self damage from doedre's instead of gluttony. We also periodically get a frenzy charge from dodre's which converts to a little extra duration on phase run for added QOL. I am also compensating (against packs of mobs) for the loss of LGOH from gluttony by adding 2 volley fire jewels, which themselves each trade the life and res that could have been in that slot for four extra arrows per attack (total of eight) that don't count against the main target.

It is too early in the experiment to have a clear feel whether these are workable trades or not.

But you asked, so that is what I am testing.

-O

Bonus Q&A: if the original version worked so well, why run this test?

The good is the enemy of the best. For me, some of the fun in the game is searching out further improvements. Sometimes I test some pretty stupid looking ideas in search of ones that work.

I finally found a situation where the original build could be one shot. (as described above) It was admittedly a very edge case, but it made me consider whether some extra armour might have prevented even that one. So I started trying to dream up a way to keep the most important benefits of gluttony in other ways and see if the build still works. At the same time, I am playing with knockback to try to prevent such deaths mechanically. Jury may be out for a while on my current iteration.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Jan 20, 2019, 6:31:40 AM
Thank you for the lengthy response. Now, my only other thought is I am skeptical of the use of Quill Rain. 40% LESS global damage...this is strong enough that it doesn't matter,eh?
"Less global damage" has no effect on minion damage. It doesn't matter. :)
-O
ha! Thanks....wasn't 100% sure.
Test result: nope, gluttony really seems important after all. Ymmv.
-O
Found out after all this time, that Necromancers Cavity ("Containts Minion or Aura items") behind fractured walls is awesome source of gearing. Drops a lot of Fear essences and and minion damage jewelry.
"
nebel wrote:
Found out after all this time, that Necromancers Cavity ("Containts Minion or Aura items") behind fractured walls is awesome source of gearing. Drops a lot of Fear essences and and minion damage jewelry.

That amulet is vender trash, but yes, there's $$ in delving for fossils XD
This build is really good, but currently I'm having problems getting the last memory fragments that you are supposed to get by beating red elder the "good" way : i can't keep the shaper alive through the 2nd part of the fight. Frost wall, which worked just fine for protecting Zana in the shaper fight, will probably be useless against the ranged ads. How did you do it ?
"
veritablefdp wrote:
This build is really good, but currently I'm having problems getting the last memory fragments that you are supposed to get by beating red elder the "good" way : i can't keep the shaper alive through the 2nd part of the fight. Frost wall, which worked just fine for protecting Zana in the shaper fight, will probably be useless against the ranged ads. How did you do it ?

Sup.

Been playing this guild (and enjoying the "take it all in the face, i either die or live through it while my organic machine guy melts content" playstyle a lot) for about 2-3days worth of time and had the same issue as you.
FW was useless while trying to keep zana alive because some spawns would go through it like it wasn't even there (unsurprisingly this build is capable of handling the tp/balls phase pretty well w/o Zana's powerfield).
Tried Red Elder w/o FW : it sucked. Shaper died on the last portal at best for me.
Tried Red Elder w/ FW : it works. Shaper barely got a scratch. Turns out FW blocks the projectiles for the spawns, you just gotta refresh it whenever it melts. Eeasy fight really. I stood next to shaper, facing portals, spawning FW in a V shape (Shaper being inside) and it worked out hella good.
Remember to keep on attacking the adds tho, they hurt like hell if you don't LGOH.

Also shoutout to Orion for building something so thoroughly enjoyable and tanky.
Probably will start with that next league, just not to reroll in the following week and enjoy the living Jesus out of myself.
Thanks a lot man.
Never thought frost wall could work in this situation, thank you, I will try it. I guess I have been lucky with the shaper fight because I never had problems protecting zana, spamming all three frost walls in front of the portal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info