[3.6] Vowel's Crit Storm Brand Elementalist - Flaskless Uber Elder

"
GorgonCity wrote:
"
"
why does this build use controlled destruction support (reduces crit chance by 100%) on both of its main dps skills and then it takes the keystone node "elemental overlord" which procs from critical hits.. am i missing something here?

Cant be reduced base crit of 5.5% on Storm Brand - same thing with Lightning Spire trap

does it work like you get an 8 second buff that increases damage if you crit? can the buff be refreshed halfway through its duration? if so is it even worth having a 5.5% proc chance? sorry if its a stupid question but im a new player and this is the first build guide im following.

on bosses 2 storm brand hit the boss 8 time per second->its procs overload with minimal crit chance every 1-3 second and buff time is 8 second.

its like hits 8 x 5.5 crit chance = 44% chance to get overload in first second.So you will have overload permanently if your brand hiting someone
Last edited by Berzal on Jan 18, 2019, 6:05:06 AM
hello everyone.

it must be about week 2 since I started this build.
i am still on level 91 and dont really know where to go from here.
i want to turn this build into a speed farmer, because i definitely see the potential here. the only problem is to keep up the movement speed for me.
too often i run out of flasks, no more enemies, or dead end or whatever, and then i feel soooooo slow every time.

do you think changing to brightbeak destroys this build?
if i swap carcass for inpulsa, do you think the damage would make it up for brightbeak?

cant check the numbers right now, not home.
thats the only way shield charge feels would feel good in my opinion.

aaaaaand, can anyone gimme some advice here on my gear?

what would you do in my case? lets say i have 7 ex or so. (im aiming at inpulsa actually)

can you pls tell me how you got so much increased lightning damage on the sceptre? im trying to craft one, but im not getting it higher than 30 % increased lightning damage. did you use fossil or Essence?
Anyone else hitting a wall around depth 500-600 with this build?
i've started this build when he posted on reddit about a "budget tanky build" or something like that, it's a blast, i'm loving it, thanks OP

Edit: if you check with pathofbuilding his account and his character, he actually upgraded a lot of the build, he's totally crit now, and even with low budget it was a second "epic" blast for me, bought a spell/crit dagger for 4c, used some regrets (like 5, plus those given by the quests) and now i deal much much more damage, with minimum effort. Very nice build, very over powered skill.

<3
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
Last edited by jeonitsoc on Jan 18, 2019, 2:45:20 PM
Is this build hardcore friendly? If yes, would it be still same gear/gem setups for HC?

Thanks for this guide btw.
Can we get an update/comparison to crit version you're currently running?
"
gorionn wrote:
Can we get an update/comparison to crit version you're currently running?

yes, please!!

that would be great.

i dont really know where to go with my current build...
"
"
Hey guys, I'm going to give this build a go. Any particular types of armor to focus on. I.e evasion, armor, or energy shield?

No - prioritise every other stat.

Resistances until capped > Life > Mana on every piece of gear.

Get a Loreweave

Well I ended up going with Carcass Jack cause I couldn't find a decent loreweave for sale.

This build is nuts man. Just obliterating maps and I'm missing a ton of the top end enchants you show.

Maybe it's already been talked about in this thread(sorry its long), but could anyone give some advice on how to go about crafting a top weapon for this build? Thanks!
can someone point out my next upgrades? dropped a mirror so budget is plenty :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info