[3.6] Vowel's Crit Storm Brand Elementalist - Flaskless Uber Elder

I play a MoM - EB version of Storm Brand using the new Devouring Diadem.

The character is very durable as I get life leech + ES recharge almost all the time and a big burst of Life + ES heal every 5 sec. Aspect of the Spider adds another layer of defense on top of 9k life + ES.

Damage-wise, it's better, or at least on par with any other version (500k per Brand in PoB, and my helmet doesn't have any relevant enchant yet). The damage is so good I don't bother using any trap even vs Uber Elder. Brand build simply excels at that fight anyway due to its "immortal totem" playstyle.
is celestial pnishment worth it? from what i gather you only get 5% to freeze etc but thats it? isnt that pretty trivial? wouldnt more cast speed or more life be a better use for those 2 passive points?
Im using Loreweave right now ? Should I swap for CJ?
Already posted here, I'm just wondering what else I could improve? I recently spend most of my currency on my loreweave and got like 130c. I did do hydra deathless for the first time, but felt like my dps was on the lower side. Hopefully someone can help me!
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:

The character is very durable as I get life leech + ES recharge almost all the time and a big burst of Life + ES heal every 5 sec. Aspect of the Spider adds another layer of defense on top of 9k life + ES.

Damage-wise, it's better, or at least on par with any other version (500k per Brand in PoB, and my helmet doesn't have any relevant enchant yet). The damage is so good I don't bother using any trap even vs Uber Elder. Brand build simply excels at that fight anyway due to its "immortal totem" playstyle.

could you post your version too please?
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:

Yeah I'd be interested in seeing the Devouring Diadem alternative as well.

Got a POB? Your profile is set to private.
/popcorn always, because people
"
"
Do you think intuitive leap would be a nice bit of QoL for the build? Overcharged for frenzy charges would be handy + dreamer is a fair bit of mana and mana regen. Dunno what you would give up, might be worth if you push to level 100 though

No

Fair enough XD Thanks for the response, loving the build :)
Last edited by JamieBunpup on Jan 7, 2019, 7:36:36 PM
"
axxidentprone wrote:
Just want to say this is a great build and I am absolutely loving the skill. I've cleared all content with it and hit 95 for the first time. It's extremely tanky, great clear, great damage, and super fun to play. I've crafted a couple dank pieces and made a few tweaks to my gem setups to fit my playstyle a bit better, but overall, mostly what you've outlined here. Thank you for the guide!

How the MGoH and LHoH feels with storm brand? is it worth it to craft a ring with those mods?

Idem for warlords on hit, it seems good but I don't know if its worth it to sac mod quality on the rings, especially with the 0.4% leech on the ammy.

"
Taxi_Driver wrote:

I call complete b.s on this post.

Not only you have LESS penetration + damage by running your build, not having light trap just makes boss kills take 30x more lol

Pro Tip get something like that.
Last edited by Seqqsy on Jan 8, 2019, 1:10:32 AM
"
BasedDong wrote:
is celestial pnishment worth it? from what i gather you only get 5% to freeze etc but thats it? isnt that pretty trivial? wouldnt more cast speed or more life be a better use for those 2 passive points?

Celestial Punishment is one of the strongest nodes on the tree for this build!
5% shock and freeze chance - we need a chunk for consistency.
25% increased damage against frozen/shocked - Thats a straight 25% increased on single target, anything that needs the damage will be shocked
15% increased ailment effect - that's 15% increased shock effect, effectively a more multiplier.

Even if you weren't going to grab celestial judgement, so it was a 3 point node, you would still get it. As you do want judgement for the pen, it;s a no brainer for 2 points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info